This film was practically flawless, why is no one talking about it?

This film was practically flawless, why is no one talking about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9NJj12tJzqc
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know why.
Sup Forums hates black people and allows their politics to get in the way of enjoying film.
Brats on this board whine about the lack of a /film/ board but we dont deserve it.

It's on my list of things to watch. I'm from Miami, not Liberty City.. I guess where I'm from is called Little River now, near Liberty City.

We should stream this

There have been a lot of threads but they all turn into annoying Sup Forums boogeyman stuff. Before that happens lets try to get a real discussion going.

I saw it a week ago. I thought it was good. Not great, but good. The first third of the film was the most compelling and interesting in my opinion. I really think it was a poor move killing off the drug dealer character off screen, I felt as though that character's story had so much left to offer and yet the narrative shifts solely to Chiron. I would have preferred a story about Chiron's relationship to the dealer developing over time as Chiron comes to terms with his sexuality rather than just the focus on his sexuality.

Second and third act could have been a lot more developed, especially the ending, which felt almost anticlimatic. Really wish Chiron talked more too.

it was not, it was very flawful. for instance, the rape scene

Because we hate niggers here.

What rape scene?

I just hate that the discussion of Moonlight is grouped in with the retardation that is #oscarsowhite the movie stands on its own merits. It's sad that its going to be forgotten in 5 monthes.

>practically flawless
It's very good but it doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting.

>why is no one talking about it?
This is pleb central.

Don't fall for it user...

it triggers Sup Forums

Sup Forums is a Sup Forums spillover board

are you kidding? it this a meme? it was over the top and ridiculous, how do you not remember it? you didn't even see the film

I felt removing Ali's character was a good choice. He was the only father figure Chiron had in his life, so it felt natural for him to follow his destructive footsteps as he got older.

>no-one talking about it
>multiple Oscar nominations

I can only relate to films that are about humans.

not even being racist but i'm not interested in the struggles of a gay nigger in our modern society

It was such a good love story.
But did Chiron and Kyle fuck?

ITS KILLING ME!!!!

It was a solid 7/10

best thing it had going for it was the acting, and maybe the cinematography but the kids they casted didn't look anything like their older versions

the third act could have been a little bit longer

I'm not interested in Zimbabwean basket weaving but here I am on a website about just that

>twoniggaskissin.jpg

no one will tell me if this is better than Tales from the Hood

desu I only watch lesbikino.

Of course it isn't. Moonlight isn't THE SHIT.

I watched it today along with Hidden figures. This one by far had a resonating message and was a better film.

>gay nigger

When is Marvel going to make the Moon Knight movie?

I also noticed the color blue constantly in the film. What did that mean?

I hate seeing this poster here so much so people are talking about it.

It annoys me because I don't want to see a gay black film.

strange you relate to films about a species you are not a part of. The fil is about humans. just not the very small subset your bigoted mind chooses to accept.

It's the warmest colour

Had the feel to "Blue is the Warmest Color" at the end. So it didnt an impact on me or anything. Still a good movie

Then maybe stop thinking of it as a movie about blacks or gays and a movie about people.

The theme is love and struggling with oneself. Everyone does that, you did to as a teenager or probably now.

Almost everyone is and this was probably one of the best films of the year.

Then don't watch it.
If you count handjobs.

All films are about humans, its human to not want any thing to do with some of them

blacks don't rape

Because the left-wing refuse to see its nomination as a response to the #oscarssowhite nonsense, and the right-wing refuse to see it as anything BUT a response to the #oscarssowhite nonsense.

Both sides are now poisoned and nobody can walk into the film and actually judge it based on its own merit.

I honestly found it underwhelming. I guess I was just too hyped up.

>Then maybe stop thinking of it as a movie about blacks or gays and a movie about people.

But this was the problem with the movie for me, this was literally all it was about. I guess I just expected a little more content. Acting was subpar too.

only to a bigoted mind.

omg a black gay man how progressive!!!!

>Gay niggers

Gay nigger detected

Did you read the rest of my post?

It was a movie about love and dealing with ones self-identity.

very bad detector you have there. Hetero white 55 year old male

So much better than la la land.

Lots of people seem to have a similar opinion to yours, but I felt the opposite. 1st act was background; the crux of this movie was the transition from 2nd to 3rd act.

I liked the choice to not have Juan back and not even show his funeral. Adds to the dreamlike presentation of the whole movie.

Great movie, certainly among the best of last year.

Sup Forums doesn't hate it, it's just memes. If anybody actually buys into those memes personally, that's their own loss. The thought is sad that people actually take anything on these boards seriously, but some do apparently.

Just have to say, I watched La La Land with a lot of prejudice, only to realize in the end that, yes, the movie is overhyped, and the target audience probably is annoying, but overall it's still not a bad movie, and having watched it with a precooked opinion on my mind was a mistake. Really regret that now.

I enjoyed La La Land despite not being a struggling straight white actress.

this

Doug?

This is Sup Forums - Television & Film. Naturally, you are going to see people on here discussing various films. Sometimes, you might not be interested in the subject matter one of those films. This is perfectly OK. You don't need to get annoyed or start telling other posters about your feelings. You can just hide these threads and go about your buisiness.

It has one major fault. It killed the best character 30 minutes into the movie(Juan)

gay niggas
gay niggas

this is all fine but OP said the movie is flawless. being about such an obscure and pity party subject doesn't imply flawlessness

And he addressed that point. And tb h I feel a bit similar to him. He's suggesting he got misled because the movie was mainly sold as a movie about a poor gay black man instead of a story about man's self discovery. Both Sup Forumstards and libs ruined my expectation of the movie because they oversold those aspects of a movie and said those were its defining points.

>being about such an obscure and pity party subject doesn't imply flawlessness
I don't follow that logic at all. The fact that some people wouldn't be interested in seeing this film doesn't make the film flawed. The vast majority of people aren't interested in seeing the vast majority of films.

Haven't been able to see it yet, but I'll probably watch it this week.

Honestly, it looks really good.

/thread

someone explain the ending shot to me

I thought it was pretty great but the third ct felt oddly conservative, I wonder if the main dude just didnt wanna do anything too gay? i still do like tht they turned it into that he really just wanted to be held the way men are not allowed to be held

I hear it's really good, is it graphic enough that it's inappropriate or awkward to watch with friends?

>I really think it was a poor move killing off the drug dealer character off screen

He died?
How??

GAY NIGGERS
A
Y

N
I
G
G
E
R
S

Really sad to see all the Sup Forums filth getting through. I don't understand why the new people think that boards like Sup Forums are appropriate forums of their bigotry. I think we all have to do a better job of cementing our own board culture so that new people don't think that this is OK!

It's a pretty dull movie, though I'm glad they didn't have a Hollywood ending.

I mean it's just sort of there.

Janelle Monae is pretty fit.

It's like a safe space for racist whites. You could never discuss blacks films and shows like Atlanta, Luke Cage, O.J Simpson, Hidden Figures, and Moonlight with someone saying DUDE NIGGERS LMAO. their ideas blocks them away from the entertainment

There is one gay sexual scene which isn't too graphic and a very brief straight sex scene.
He just dies between act 1 and 2 and they don't elaborate further. If you remember the scene where the two older kids are making fun of him on the street (0:59 in the trailer) one of them says something to the effect of "Don't you stay at Teresas place? She used to be with Juan but he died a while ago"
youtu.be/9NJj12tJzqc
I can easily see how someone would miss that though, that's the only reference and it's a pretty quick, offhand line.

Two acts of empty character going about and in the third we are.supposed to feel for him?

pretty shit

Go back to your reddit safe space, fag.
You are not wanted here.

You don't have to be Sup Forumslack to realize the film was mediocre to bad.

Oh the irony

No one is complaining about the fact that some people disliked the film. It's shit like this:
which is ruining Sup Forums

Dumb reddit shill tries weak bait, fails terribly. Many such cases! Sad!

>Falling for the (You) fishing.

this thing is basically Gayniggers from Outer Space minus outer space.

Reddit's pro Truml though.

its SJW propgranda and a waste of cellulite, next question

>dude gay niggers lmao
>"flawless"

Everybody who sucks this movies cock is just retarded. This crap was really bland.

kys retard, Sup Forums was always like this.

It's a good movie, but let's be honest here. If it was about a gay Asian or a gay Mexican, it wouldn't get as much press.

This shit is basically the Boyhood of 2016 - Gay Nigger edition.

No it wasn't newfag, you have no idea what you're talking about. Back before /new/ Sup Forums was almost entirely politically neutral (except for Paultards and some liberals) and the racism was just light bullshit done for laughs (spamming nigger on Sup Forums, Habbo Hotel etc). People we're just as happy to fucking racists (Hal Turner etc) as they were spamming nigger and such, because nobody took any of that kind of stuff that seriously. The culture has entirely changed since then, if you don't see that then there is no way that you were here pre /new/ and gamergate.

>people fuck around calling people niggers and making racist jokes because the site allowed for tongue in cheek shit like that
>inbred white supremacist hicks believe they're in good company and turn the place to shit

>Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.

you meant to quote descartes, you bumbling faggot

>No it wasn't newfag
Oh great, another fucking idiot who thinks Sup Forums was some ultra liberal paradise before Sup Forums was created. You fell for a retarded meme you dumb ape, fuck off and lurk more.

Descartes never said that
>The original source for this quote, as far as I can tell, is a Y Combinator user named DarkShikari. See news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498

It wasn't a liberal paradise either, but there weren't as many deranged cucks like you with their us vs them bullshit that ruined all discussion with their liberal/conservative dichotomy and calling everyone who disagreed with them a liberal instead of a dumb fuck retard

>racism was just light bullshit done for laughs
the term nigger was used on every board, and how would you possibly know it was done "for laughs" or "was satirical" on an online medium? Unless it was specifically stated to be so, you would have no idea.

Fucking idiot.

>call someone a nigger 6 years ago
>"..."
>call someone a nigger now
>"REEEEEE Sup Forums!!!!!"

Do you see how fucking dumb you look? You're just an idiot.

>Oh great, another fucking idiot who thinks Sup Forums was some ultra liberal paradise before Sup Forums was created.
Yeah because a place where pools get closed due to AIDS was a "liberal paradise". Actually read the posts you quote.

>>call someone a nigger now
>>REEEEEE Sup Forums
You're a nigger, also wrong

>call someone a nigger 6 years ago
>"..."
>call someone a nigger now
>"REEEEEE Sup Forums!!!!!"

Oh perhaps, who knows, that 6 years ago politics weren't as fucking invasive as it is today and people are getting fed up.

It wasn't a right-ring paradise either, but there weren't as many deranged cucks like you with their us vs them bullshit that ruined all discussion with their liberal/conservative dichotomy and calling everyone who disagreed with them literally Hitler instead of a dumb fuck retard

Sup Forums was known at the internet hate machine full of sexist and racist idiots for a reason.

6 years ago you'd have people linking you to Sup Forums if you said nigger with no context, then again the average has has really decresed on most boards

>dodging the fact that not only did you get the quote wrong, it applies to anyone claiming to have been oldfag material, because it was all MUH PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

at least i can accept that this was brought about by tomfoolery on a regular basis and don't have go complete spastic looking for anywhere to point the finger that isn't inwards

>people go out of their way to inject all their left wing political ideologies into all forms of entertainment
>is somehow surprised when political discussion of all kinds ends up being the norm on the website

So its no longer okay to make nigger jokes because of politics now?

'life is shit if youre gay black and poor' the film

Am I the only one who feels that Trevante Rhodes should have had more awards attention over Ali? Ali did a good job (particularly that table scene) but I thought that Rhodes was on another level. It was really impressive that he was so convincing as "Little" considering how huge/unrealistic he physically is compared to the younger versions of himself.