Australian Culture Thread

So, I'm moving to australia for a couple of years in like 2 months, and fuck do I have questions.

Feel welcome to talk about anything related to your culture, from fucking kangaroos, to your daily injections of vegemite. Also, the following questions:

1) Are aussies really that autistic about welcoming foreigners?
2) General opinion of latinos?
3) in a scale from 1 to "we can't wall the ocean?" how much do you hate when immigrants don't assimilate to your culture? Also, how much do you appreciate it?
4) How right or left-leaning is the majority of ppl? I've seen some awesome shitposters, but I'm kinda afraid everyone will be a SJW like the burgers.
5) the fuck is up with spiders...
6) are dropbears still relevant?
7) not a question, but still, refrain from the usual "hurrr wi dun loik your koind 'ere m9", that just makes me want to go even harder.

TL;DR
>Share your aussie secrets with me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eiwv4XdGQIg&t=162s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what city, user?

not sure yet. I'll arrive at sydney most likely, but from then on, wherever I get a job north (the whole working holiday visa thing)

>how much do you hate when immigrants don't assimilate to your culture? Also, how much do you appreciate it?

not even australian, but personally, if you came here you MUST assimilate
You don't have to wear stubbies, drink beers with a farmer, speak maori or even like rugby, but get into the NZ way of living

At least TRY, most people will appreciate it

1) Dont care
2) The girls are cute
3) Depends. Most by the second gen are fine, but an old asian lady is better than a young arab man sporting a big beard
4) Most of the male youth are centre-left. They support fag marriage etc but no out of the world SJW shit. The older blokes are largely on the right tho. Women are all leftists, the only rightist women are ugly looking housewives
5) Not a big deal if youre not living in bum fuck nowhere. Its not a big problem in Sydney as long as you know how to differentiate deadly and aggressive ones from bros
6) my mate got attacked by a dropbear in year 7 camp. hes been hospitalised since and the dropbear sometimes fucks his mum

Well, that's kinda my way of seeing things as well. Ofc I don't expect to be treated as an equal, but I don't really see the point in fleeing my culture just to live it somewhere else. I mean, I'd much rather live under your culture than mine. It's just that sometimes, some people don't like seeing immigrants living like them. It's like they feel they're being robbed of their culture, idk.

>how much do you hate when immigrants don't assimilate to your culture?
>australia
>having a culture

>Women are all leftists, the only rightist women are ugly looking housewives
Well fuck.

australian culture is working class english culture

>some people don't like seeing immigrants living like them

honestly here if you went up to some random on the street and said "kia ora" and hello, with a smile, they would laugh and appreciate it, more likely than not

people dislike if you refuse to speak english and not try to appreciate the laid back lifestyle

you'll be fine, mate

Well that's reassuring. Thanks user, hope I get to try some of the first world myself for the first time.

NZ is a bit more welcoming than Australia but the Aussies are fine, all memes aside. I don't know what city you're going too, but Melbourne and Sydney have so many nationalities that nobody will notice another foreigner anyways.

mate you've gotta hang loose just drink vb glass a few ethnics here and there and youre all good

>1) Are aussies really that autistic about welcoming foreigners?
It's more of a lower class thing. Higher social status Australians with good jobs and good eductions don't car. The lower class ones such as truck drivers and janitors are racist as fuck. Tradies tend to be racist too.
>2) General opinion of latinos?
There isn't enough here for people to have an opinion or stereotype of them.
>3) in a scale from 1 to "we can't wall the ocean?" how much do you hate when immigrants don't assimilate to your culture? Also, how much do you appreciate it?
People hate the crap out of immigrants not assimilating but only the lower class tend to be brave enough to mention it. Other people are too scared of being associated with bogans to speak up.
>4) How right or left-leaning is the majority of ppl? I've seen some awesome shitposters, but I'm kinda afraid everyone will be a SJW like the burgers.
The younger people inner city people have developed a shitty SJW culture but most people of the age of 25 are good.
5) the fuck is up with spiders...
Don't worry about them.
6) are dropbears still relevant?
7) not a question, but still, refrain from the usual "hurrr wi dun loik your koind 'ere m9", that just makes me want to go even harder.

>The older blokes are largely on the right tho

This is wrong though.

not being a crazy sjw =/= right wing.

Wrong.

10 bucks you're a mick or a wog.

If it helps elaborate, I'm not looking for the next milo yiannopoulos, just lads to talk about politics with, and with the ability to consider things and use reason, instead of the usual HE'S NOT MAH PRESIDENT kind of american fellow we all know and love

youtube.com/watch?v=Eiwv4XdGQIg&t=162s

Nah, but why you gotta compare us to that shit place instead of saying we have our own unique identity?

Australia is a shithole don't go, New Zealand is better

NZ is just an unofficial state of Australia.

It's the same place.

Wait a second. NZ is to you guys what Uruguay is to us? Im boarding the plane right now.

>1) Are aussies really that autistic about welcoming foreigners?
not really, most people dont give a shit unless you're in their face about it
theyre ok
>3) in a scale from 1 to "we can't wall the ocean?" how much do you hate when immigrants don't assimilate to your culture? Also, how much do you appreciate it?
as long as you can speak english and have a job thats good enough for most people
>4) How right or left-leaning is the majority of ppl? I've seen some awesome shitposters, but I'm kinda afraid everyone will be a SJW like the burgers.
probably a majority right, but most people my age are pretty moderate with left leanings
>5) the fuck is up with spiders...
nothing is up, theyre pretty harmless most of the time
>6) are dropbears still relevant?
dropbears are a meme

Honestly man Australia is so diverse that you'll find somewhere to fit in.

As for Latino's its like super rare here outside of a few Chileans so people might well take an interest in you

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

HAHAHAHA
oh sorry
HAHAHAHA
Good luck cunt, try not get glassed on the first day.

Hard to have your identity when you have no culture

Youse are just mad because our culture consists of bashing beta Chinese people for their phones.

Pay your rent, Bruce

You pay the rent.

You were the one who sent us here as convicts.

You are the TRUE oppressor.

You sound like a dog
Just shitpost and move on like the rest of us

He oppressed us by sending us to a prison island.

We wuz convicts n shiet.

1. I moved here from South Africa and was never autist'd at, but I'm white.
2. Neutral, not enough for most people to make a decision.
3. Asians who don't assimilate are loathed by some but for the most part people don't care.
4. Most are centrist-left leaning, depends if rural or in city.
6...no
If you're a foreigner women will like your accent, a guy with a Spanish accent would be popular among the ladies. I have a shitty Afrikaner accent and women still love it.

That salt

Dropbears died out ages ago, look up Thylacoleo carnifex; south and central americans are pretty good value; Australia is left leaning compared to the US, but while new media student union pinkoism is making inroads it is largely irrelevant; spiders aren't much of a worry tbqh

Sitting out the front of the pub, wish I caught a snap of that cheeky lad fanging around in the golf buggy

>Australian culture thread
Disappointed that the thread isn't empty desu

) Are aussies really that autistic about welcoming foreigners?
no, where I live you're lucky to find someone that doesn't have at least one migrant parent
don't have one, we don't get may here
5 I guess
depends on how shit the foreign culture is
depends
inner city upper middle class 20 somethings will generally be very left wing, but our country is traditionally centrist. Our two major parties are centre right and centre left and the only real left wing party we have here is actually losing votes
>5) the fuck is up with spiders...
dunno never get any big ones in WA
>6) are dropbears still relevant?
kek

in some ways, yeah, but there's a lot of unique stuff here

t. english expat

>unofficial
literally named as a state of Australia in the constitution mate

>no, where I live you're lucky to find someone that doesn't have at least one migrant parent
to expand on this, I am the only one to have anglo australian parents out of my friends
three of my mates are migrants (France, South Africa and China), and the rest have Italian, Vietnamese or South African parents.

Hey dude. Been in that cuntry two years. Didnt went to Sydney though.

1 and 2) I don't know what you mean by autistic, but they were really cool with me. They're usually pretty chill and were actually curious about my culture, I think it would work for argentina too. I mean my friends from there were having a gr8 time.

3) What do you mean ? All you have to do is not being a dickhead and people will be okay with you. There is racism there but chink/black oriented, argos will be fine. They will take interest in you, assuming your spoken english is not horrid.

4) fuck knows I didnt chit chat cunts around about politics

5) spiders and snakes aren't problems if you're being careful. Use gloves when working and you'll be fine (spiders), and avoid tall grass if you're being in nature (snakes). Magpies will be a bigger problem actually.

And if you do drugs go to Adelaide because it's cheap, everywhere else is horrible prices

nah definitely not a problem here

so long as you don't act like you're better than everyone else then most people will treat you perfectly fine here.

1) Nobody cares except bogan cunts in poor suburbs / shit manual labor jobs

2) Everybody will probably assume you're from brazil or something

3) Nobody truly cares, every different culture brings a part of their own culture here and it sort of fits in (food culture in australia is just every culture that was here in the 1800s shoved together)

4) not bad, mostly centrist with your usual screaming minority of tree hugging far leftists / bogan racist far right

5) Nothing, you'll probably never run in to one.

6) Yes, I have one eye.

depends on what uni you're going to be at, santiago. if it's something in m*lbourne you are going to shit sideways the amount of sjw stuff you'll see
if you're in brisbane it will still be there but more self aware

white's only

white is only?

If you are not white stay away from manual labour jobs in Australia.

There is a reason most Vietnamese tradies you see work for themselves or with other Asians and it's not because white tradies are lovely accepting people.