Share your latest genre recommendations on RYM. Criticize others, become friends or foes, rate...

Share your latest genre recommendations on RYM. Criticize others, become friends or foes, rate, summarize tastes in 5 words or less, etc.

Attached: latest.png (308x282, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/recs/auto/UR_USERNAME_HERE
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/egberto-gismonti-nana-vasconcelos/duo-gismonti-vasconcelos-jazzbuhne-berlin-vol_6/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/martin_siewert_martin_brandlmayr/too_beautiful_to_burn/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-necks/hanging-gardens-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=bvnQhKoKiiw
youtube.com/watch?v=e7PHcji0bgE&t=70s
youtube.com/watch?v=IwYLzrmr9ps
youtube.com/watch?v=LaWmjJNG9o0
youtube.com/watch?v=0AQRe-qDyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=Saak99dKNtw
youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw
youtube.com/watch?v=n4ea73HF6us
youtube.com/watch?v=QbsakmmyjjY
youtube.com/watch?v=cdC2V80xXQM
youtube.com/watch?v=fVHA2nGH8hE
youtube.com/watch?v=wnL92b2hDug
youtube.com/watch?v=XK8jFTdh8zg
youtube.com/watch?v=nbcBq8KOXYE
youtube.com/watch?v=JcV06nSGwzs
youtube.com/watch?v=2IFwhJojM60
youtube.com/watch?v=jCotphyHkZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=VV5dLzcqvzs
youtube.com/watch?v=vI5gB4PT_io
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9VYpxKtFk
youtube.com/watch?v=l4VWzb3qgM8
youtube.com/watch?v=V9VYzNUXGDA
youtube.com/watch?v=uCzg2bQy6uU
youtube.com/watch?v=aNIItxB0Lvc
youtube.com/watch?v=6V-KN6spnTs
youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQmZBB-Sns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

guitars are cool

Attached: rym.jpg (300x278, 17K)

what are you even doing on this board

I’m obsessed with jungle at the moment

Attached: 9667E54E-E43D-4A97-830A-14EDD8432BB0.jpg (536x521, 41K)

You seem cool as fuck, would want to hang out with.

Attached: 432423432.jpg (315x280, 44K)

Why are they cool?

It´s been a while and I just felt like testing the waters...

What makes that genre so exciting for you?

I would like to hang out with you as well, user, but why?

Attached: Trash.png (468x443, 10K)

Attached: laksdjhf47tpr;o3hiwd.png (310x273, 24K)

>west coast hip-hop
fucking lol

I really need to listen to more EAI, I grabbed that lowercase/onkyo/eai chart from some thread but haven't looked it over yet

Attached: firefox_2018-03-25_15-29-38.png (276x262, 4K)

Attached: Screenshot 2018-03-25 at 5.31.32 PM.png (313x290, 16K)

STOP ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS

>jungle
>hardcore breakbeat
check out stazma the junglechrist

damn dude you're so cool

Attached: RymRecent.png (311x281, 4K)

do you anons like elvis costello? been really into his music lately

Attached: IMG_0005.jpg (667x645, 44K)

uguu

Attached: aa.jpg (391x352, 23K)

opium
adderall
weed
weed
very weed
lsd
adderall
shrooms
weed

How do I get this?

t. clueless

rateyourmusic.com/recs/auto/UR_USERNAME_HERE

Thanks

water

Attached: Capture.jpg (276x281, 17K)

Hey, I know what I like.

Attached: RYM_Automatic_asadv.png (931x858, 37K)

Yeee

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-25 Recommendations - Rate Your Music.png (468x397, 7K)

What EAI releases have you listened to so far?

Rude.

I disagree, but thank you. I bet you´re cooler all around.

Have never listened to anything by him before. What would you recommend?

Are you sure?

>Are you sure?
I do. I ain't got nothin' to prove in liking what I like. I don't have to be "eclectic" to feel good about myself.

damn, defensive
youre cool talk to me

Attached: ScreenHunter 256.png (319x295, 4K)

That´s awesome. I "ain´t got nothin´ to prove" either, but would certainly like to know why you used quotation marks over there.

Hey there! Please rec me some albums you love.

theres some strange dichotomy going on here
>jungle
>breakbeat hardcore
my man
one of these things is not like the others but overall great chart

Attached: latestgenres.jpg (301x246, 13K)

youll like
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/egberto-gismonti-nana-vasconcelos/duo-gismonti-vasconcelos-jazzbuhne-berlin-vol_6/

It's this tendency for avid listeners to gormandize every genre possible without truly knowing the qualities that earn the artists their distinction. I find this especially true for people who listen to artier or more respectable genres like classical music or jazz. It seems only a minority of people earnestly enjoy these genres and music inspired by them. When casuals say they "love" classical music, what they really mean is that they'll give it a go if it happens to be on at a given time and place, but almost never pursue it on their own accord.

Same line of thinking goes into "loving" art or science. As long as it has the cache of being hip, cool and intellectual, the average schmoe will glom onto these labels and pretend to be informed. Not saying it applies to you in the least, but fuck, it happens so often, I can't help but notice.

relax dude nobody really cares about other people's taste unless they are a girl

I understand your annoyance by those "casuals" to certain extent, but instead prefer to abide to what says for the sake of convenience and peace of mind.

I think it´s "abide by", actually. This clearly isn´t my native tongue. Still, who´s to care.

newfag here, how the fuck do you get this shit? I've search all over google and I can't figure out how to get this page.

Attached: 1510511672472.png (638x359, 242K)

Oh nvm I had to click on the small-ass text that said "automatic". God damn it.

Attached: fuck.png (300x273, 5K)

pt. 1

I feel like you've heard this already, but if you haven't I think you'd be interested in Hanging Gardens by the Necks. Outside of that, maybe you'd be into "Too Beautiful to Burn" by Martin Siewert & Martin Brandlmayr.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/martin_siewert_martin_brandlmayr/too_beautiful_to_burn/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-necks/hanging-gardens-2/

We share many things in common I see. Here's something pretty rad you might be into, very interesting track considering its release date.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvnQhKoKiiw

I think This Heat would be a no-brainer if you haven't heard them already. If you want something not usually posted around here, maybe you'd dig this?

youtube.com/watch?v=e7PHcji0bgE&t=70s
youtube.com/watch?v=IwYLzrmr9ps

Same dude, same. I've been listening to tons of jungle lately, it's great. Not really a fan of that early breakbeat hardcore sound though, maybe it's not fast enough for me or the style is too old for me to really appreciate (that 'you had to have been there' sort of thing). Here's my personal favorites so far, what's yours?

youtube.com/watch?v=LaWmjJNG9o0
youtube.com/watch?v=0AQRe-qDyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=Saak99dKNtw

interesting mixed blend of stuff aye. Have you heard the new MGMT album? kinda leans towards the bottom end of that chart, but it's a nice blend of a lot of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

Also here's this too, think you might like it
youtube.com/watch?v=n4ea73HF6us

Bit difficult coming up with something to rec you. This first one I'm not entirely satisfied with, but hopefull you'll like it?

youtube.com/watch?v=QbsakmmyjjY

Bit more confident in this song though
youtube.com/watch?v=cdC2V80xXQM

Let me know what you think?

Attached: 4.jpg (471x407, 27K)

pt. 2

Took a while to think about what I should rec, but I think this should hit all the right spots.
youtube.com/watch?v=fVHA2nGH8hE

Have you ever listened to Infidel? / Castro! before? I just heard them last night, thought their stuff might be up your alley. If not the album this song is off from, maybe their second album would be to your fancy.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnL92b2hDug

Something within me tells me you'd like the Jim O'Rourke/David Grubbs era of the Red Krayola (just a hunch). The album this song is off of, Hazel, is pretty good. Bit weird at points, but it's a fun weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=XK8jFTdh8zg

Someone posted this song in a thread a while ago. The album wasn't my thing, but damn was this song something.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbcBq8KOXYE

Aside from that, maybe you'd be into this?
youtube.com/watch?v=JcV06nSGwzs

Got just the thing for ya, it's a Polish band from the 80s called Klaus Mitffoch.

youtube.com/watch?v=2IFwhJojM60

Here's another one, although not really sure how you'd dig it
youtube.com/watch?v=jCotphyHkZ4

If you haven't listened to Gastr del Sol yet, you really should, they're fantastic. Seems like something right up your alley.

youtube.com/watch?v=VV5dLzcqvzs
youtube.com/watch?v=vI5gB4PT_io

Not really sure what to rec you (don't really listen to most of that stuff) but I feel safe in saying you'd like this song (I hope)
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9VYpxKtFk

Wasn't really a fan of this album, but this song stuck with me. Heavy stuff, quite liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4VWzb3qgM8

I really need to listen to more hip hop aye.
youtube.com/watch?v=V9VYzNUXGDA

I REALLY need to listen to more hip hop (been on that electronic binge recently)
youtube.com/watch?v=uCzg2bQy6uU

pt. 3

seeing metal pop up inbetween all that electronic made me laugh a bit, like it caught me off guard. Cool taste though, I can really dig it. What ambient techno do you recommend? Or just techno in general, haven't listened to much of it, but I dig Frankie Bones.

youtube.com/watch?v=aNIItxB0Lvc
youtube.com/watch?v=6V-KN6spnTs

Sparks and Mint Royale might be up your alley man. Here, check these out:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI
youtube.com/watch?v=UKQmZBB-Sns

Attached: 1521341566581.jpg (392x500, 117K)

costello's first three albums are pretty good. armed forces in particular is a great pop rock record

Thanks for the recommendations, though I have indeed listened to and enjoyed both of them and still do; specially Hanging Gardens.

I recommend you Man or Monkey by Cassiber, and the band Nazca, maybe.

Sorry, missed your reply. I´ll check that one out for sure, thank you.

I recommend you Los Saicos, just in case you´ve not heard of them yet and feel like practicing Spanish/listening for no reason.