Did this really happen in the war?

Did this really happen in the war?

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If this was an effective tactic our soldiers would be equipped with shields. Also love the way his aim is incredibly good while running, holding his gun one-handed at the hip, and carrying a 180 lb man in the other hand.
>no it didn't

prove it

this happened all the time in WW2. the japanese even had a word for it: chingabong

Did this?

of course the 2/+1 damage reduction and -5 to enemy morale is worth the loss of DEX

Didn't the people making fun of this scene get BTFO in another thread a few minutes ago?

Is the first grenade a yo-yo or something?

only part of the movie i thought was stupid

"Surrendering" IJA and IJN members pulling out grenades, pistols, knives, etc.? All the fucking time. Even downed fliers and survivors of sunken ships tried to kill the guys pulling them out of the water.

The Japanese routinely booby trapped their wounded and dead too.

didn't that actually happen?

No idea, but from what I understand hes testing out how gore is to the "mainstream" for his viking epic

Yeah it actually did.

Considering the main reason the movie was made was because the guy and his family wanted it to be as accurate as possile, I say that it most certainly did.

Obligatory

Definitely. Military guys never embellish their stories, everything they say can be considered 100% accurate, without a doubt.

can a dead body stop rifle bullets ? Probably not.

This scene is a mix of two events. Jack Glover encountered Japanese soldiers pretending to surrender to them with white flags, and then trowing them grenades, but Doss wasn't there (I think)

Doss did in fact threw back two grenades off, but it was at night, in a close combat with Japanese soldiers. He was wounded in his leg by shrapnel and stayed 5 hours alone up until them found him and take him away. He got off his stretcher to help someone else who was wounded.

t. some autist on Sup Forums

>ITT: autistic virgin neckbeards attempting to account for what may or may not have happened in the chaos of war unfolding on any battlefield over the last several centuries

lol

Only the soviets pushed false narratives about WW2 heroes, the fact that they say the same thing about us is irrelevant, because we're telling the truth,
And pic related effeminately wasn't staged.
anyone who questions that everyone of our boys were heroes or the stories we have about them is a traitor who hates freedom

Since he kicked a live grenade back at them, doesn't this count as violence? A real pacifist would throw his body on it to save EVERYONE, not just his fellow soldiers

>anyone who questions that everyone of our boys were heroes or the stories we have about them is a traitor who hates freedom

chris kyle i thought you were dead?

This and Vince Vaughn getting dragged on the carpet. Kermode was right about this being like Tropic Thunder. How could they not tell this would come off as ridiculous and comedic?

Yes. Do you actually think Gernades explode right away?

Did you think it would explode sooner because he kicked it?

You could get your favorite baseball player to throw it at a brick wall and there's a fair chance it wouldn't explode.

>And pic related effeminately wasn't staged
>effeminately

I don't know, I didn't fight in the Pacific.

If you want to read what is generally regarded as the best, most accurate, and most unfiltered account of what it was really like though, check out "With the Old Breed."

this is some gears of war shit

Not reliably, particularly with the larger WW2 rifle cartridges.

Might get lucky and have some hit a bone a tumble dramatically, but the bulk of them are just going to blow right through.

If humans had the consistency of sandbags, bullets wouldn't be as dangerous in the first place.

so much whacky unbelievable shit happened in world war 2 that I don't really doubt it. So many fucking people were drafted you were bound to get a few unhinged lads who would just lose it in the heat of combat and do something crazy.

I thought Hollywood being naked for absolutely no reason was really stupid too.

well it was half a man and your legs are pretty heavy so lets say a 110lb man or so. you're right though it's totally ridiculous. that gun is really heavy too.

why are americans so full of shit lmao

It's basically the only worthwhile thing they've achieved as a nation, and the bulk of the work was actually done by commies, which makes them insecure about it.

I don't know, maybe. Probably. I've never been in war, and I'm sure none of you have either. I'm not talking about serving in the military either. I'm talking about having experience in mass combat, which unless any of you faggots are over 60 years old, I'm guessing the answer to that is no.

> carrying him like the 5lb foam prop he is in one arm

GOOD FUCKING JOB MEL

A lot of retarded, gruesome shit can happen in the heat of combat

>the bulk of the work was actually done by commies
I'm sure the children of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors will agree that Stalin murdering a third of his own nation is why they surrendered

>his phone autocorrects "effeminately" to "effeminately"

So does yours, apparently.

>Only have 20 rounds in your magazine
>Hipfire all of them with one hand while running at the enemy

>prime grenade
>it flies out of his hand
>cut to next shot
>its back in his hand to throw

I'm sure the children of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are fucking grateful their leaders surrendered before the Soviets invaded and had their way like they did Eastern Europe.
Implying communist Japan wouldn't be best Japan

5 burgers out of 5, would go through the drive-through again.

It was a mental tactic. He hadn't been in combat before so he acted on a whim. People do dump shit like that all the time when they're still green.

The most unsettling thing about this is that they portray the guy as not fully dead yet.

unlikely, even if it's just a torso with a head, I don't think you can hold it like that with one hand

I mean the gun alone must weight 25lbs, no way you can aim with one hand like that, plus the recoil

ITT limp wrist faggots

Doesn't Doss throwing grenades back constitute an intent to kill? He didn't hit people back when he got hit, so why is throwing a grenade back okay?

He killed a jap right fucking there, kicking the grenade into that guy.
>not killing anybody
My ass

They were already being shot as he went to hit the grenades you blind retard. They chose their fate when they attacked that line of guns.

It doesn't look like he's specifically trying to direct it any direction other than away from themselves

So if Doss closes his eyes and throws his fists in random directions, it doesn't count as violence if a fist kills someone?

No, that guy wasn't. the japanese guy gets engulfed in an explosion right before he gets gently pushed back midair by a shrapnel grenade which causes a fiery explosion for some reason, you autist,

bye rddit

Same as gun fire. He just has to close his eyes and use a machine gun to mow down japs

2/10 Nobody actually believes you're as retarded as you're pretending to be.

He's hitting away a grenade that somebody else threw at him, it's not like he chose to have an armed grenade right there

You're a blind retard.

HORY SHIT THAT ZOMBIE IS WALKING BACKWARDS AT US

>True nonviolence is about letting harm come to you even if you can stop that harm by inflicting harm of your own
>but throwing a grenade back is totally okay

What movie?

Cracksaw Bridge

I'm a marine and we constantly drilled this maneuver.

But that seems like something that would happen

What the fuck

This is almost as believable as the holocaust

Never noticed that before, nice find

The japanese would do it, not sure if it was in the exact same way but they did use human shields

>running away
I'm a marine and you would get your ass handed to you if you ever tried this.

Did this really happen?

Notice how Skippy is also a pacifist and only wounds their pride.

is2.Sup Forums.org/gif/1485766193383.webm

kek

>This is what Amerifats think real war is like
kek

Underrated post

You can just feel the Gibson in this scene. It's so obvious Mel directed it.

It's an action movie trope to see this happen, but how good even are human bodies as shields?

depends really

terrible
The jap rifles and machine guns fired full powered rifle cartridges, like in modern sniper rifles, which would go straight through him, his shield, and several people in a line behind him (if they were standing there). American rifles were even more powerful.
I'd bet that there were dumb soldiers who did shit like this anyway in the heat of battle because they didn't know better, though. It may have confused or scared the enemy, depending on the circumstances

It might have stopped a bullet from a shitty Nambu pistol, but probably not (and only Jap officers had those anyway)

terrible for anything that isn't a pistol or SMG really

People were saying this was kino. It's just a generic war action film then?

No, it's kino. The battle scenes are some of the best ever for a WW2 movie IMO.

it's just dotted with some ridiculous moments here and there that remind me of The Patriot or some other cheesy 90s movie

Wow, I never noticed he was wearing one of those buttoned up monk suits.

What a badass. Fuck communism

Mel Gibson said the guy was injured while on one of those Medic beds, being carried away when he pulled himself off, crawled on the floor to rescue injured people.

There was way more the pacifist did that Gibson said they couldn't film because a lot of it was too unrealistic even though yes it really happened

He doesn't have to prove something didn't happen it's up to you to prove it did.

are you memeing on me?

In case you aren't that's a school uniform, kid was a radical delinquint

When will we get another good film about the German experience during the Second World War that isn't an apologist circlejerk?

The only ones I can really think of are Der Untergang and Das Boot. I haven't seen Heimat, so I can't speak for that.

Stalingrad is a great film

Just got this book called the Forgotten Soldier and I think it would make a badass movie.

>mfw i accidentally almost watched this "movie"

thanks for saving me the 20 minutes it would have taken to turn it off Sup Forums

If we're talking books, Panzer Gunner is a good one. Told from the perspective of a Canadian boy sent to live in germany by his West Ukrainian parents almost just in time to get drafted into the Wehrmacht

You're crying about this but haven't even heard of Cross of Iron, Die Brücke or A Time to Love and a Time to Die?

You're not wrong but you're also a pleb fuck

I don't recall crying about anything. I asked for movie suggestions, which I suppose you provided, albeit in a confrontational, roundabout sort of way.

I'd thank you, but I'd really rather you never post again.

I want one about the Luftwaffe pilots in WW2 fighting against the 8th Air Force. "dicke autto aus zwelfe uhr PAUKE! PAUKE!" muh nigga.

Translation: some of the bullshit war stories were so incredibly bullshit even hollywood couldn't make them believable, so we just included the slightly less bullshit stories

>it takes 4 (fore) full grown american males to install a fucking banner

*four

Stalingrad is top tier.

One of the best war films/series