Just finished this

Just finished this.

That was __us___ right? Don is hugging us, the viewers. He is hugging us just like we wanted to hug him minutes before as he was sitting by the phone.

Mad Men thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/05/19/an_interview_with_evan_arnold_who_played_leonard_in_the_final_episode_of.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was Don finally acknowledging his own utter loneliness, and through that, accepting himself as Dick Whitman.

And then taking that, one of the only pure moments of his life, and using it to sell Coca-Cola.

I love that he got his shit together. I was fearing he would suicide into the sea like in his pitch for the resort.

Me too.

The ultimate madman

Our ultimate guy.

To be fair, Don's shtick is that he doesn't sell products, he sells happiness. He sees co-ca-co-la as a challenge because it's the one of the biggest accounts in the world, but ultimately he's not interested in selling the drink itself. His commune experience in general (and not just the isolated incident of this hug with that stranger) gave him the idea on how to approach the brand. And it just happened to be one of the biggest ads of the 20th century. Presumably after that he was allowed to chill and work on whatever he thought could work to sell people happiness, and just peddling the next big thing or trying to outdo that ad.

>fat Betty episode
>Betty wanders into Don's NYC pad while waiting for kids
>see's Megan undressing, flat stomach and huge tits
>Betty feels ashamed... and turned on?
>second she gets home she grabs a can of whipped cream (phallic) and shoots shame into her mouth
>then washes out her mouth while spitting

Could Betty's fucking problem have been that she was gay?

Depends on what you mean by "getting his shit together". On the one hand he got his job back, but on the other hand he destroyed the purity of that moment with Leonard by using it to sell soft drinks. That smirk when he was meditating on the cliff side and the idea dawned on him didn't sit well with me as far as Don as a character.

lmao

>destroyed the purity of that moment with Leonard by using it to sell soft drinks

Avertising and purity are not mutually exclusive. Don needed the purity, and after all the world events that happened during the series, the World needed the purity.

He didn't get his shit together. this was just one more moment in his self collapse that he was constantly in the midst of. He ended up going right back to the beginning like we saw when he sold that moment to Coca Cola.
He realized the only thing he really had left was advertising, that it was the only thing he was really good at. He had lost his wife, lost his kids, lost everything. But he was good at advertising, and had gotten over another speedbump in his life.

It's sad because you just know Don found another wife... 'this time will be different'... and he fucked it up again.

But he enjoyed the misery. He literally put himself in that position time after time. He didn't want to be content, he had easily had the chance time and time again. The only thing he was really depressed about in the final act is he had realized that in this chase for something he didn't understand he destroyed other peoples lives. It's why he was always clinging onto Peggy as the one thing he didn't fuck up.

The psychiatrist called it. He only likes the beginning of things. I guess it makes sense when you're born in a whore house and your only experience in war last three days.

No, you're just cynics. Like Don was during the entire show. The ending is about letting go of cynicism and embracing honesty.

Don kept falling in the whole because he didn't believe in the real thing, he had sold manufactured moments to the public for years, he thought he had seen behind the curtain. Its because of the cynicism that he never valued anything he had.

He got over his cynicism by hitting the absolute (emphasis on absolute) rock bottom for the first time. And thats when he found his honesty, and he channeled the honesty to make the best and biggest add of his life.

falling in the hole*

You're mistake if you think he found what he was looking for in the end. The entire fact that he went straight back to advertising proves that.

To sell another product that would end up devastating America and help create the obesity crisis plaguing North America and Europe.

that actor was a Mad Men fan who always wanted to be on the show and he got invited to an audition finally and had no idea he would be playing one of the final roles

it was a very interesting article

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/05/19/an_interview_with_evan_arnold_who_played_leonard_in_the_final_episode_of.html

Cynicism talking.

There is nothing inherently wrong with advertising. Don thought so, which is why he was unhappy. He thought the real thing didn't exist, that it had been invented to sell cars. Until he found the real thing.

Cool, thanks brah.

There was nothing sadder than when Peggy told Don she was quitting to work for CGC. It's the one time really when Don felt like he lost.

i dont know man Lane's death crushed me.

Lane made his own choices.

Savage that they kept the life insurance.