Why did Birth of a Nation flop, but this was a massive success?

Why did Birth of a Nation flop, but this was a massive success?

maybe people liked this movie better?

I dont see how they are comparable though...

They really have nothing in common except having Black actors in them.

Irth of a nation was using BLM protests in Thier trailers and basically inciting violence with its message.

So is this movie.

Really makes you think.

People were afraid of philosophy.

Can I like something if it's made by a person who did something bad.

My personal opinion is yes, but apparently I'm alone in that sentiment. Nazis made cool shit btw. Can't deny this.

>blacks are equal
vs.
>whites are evil
do the math

Are you implying this movie incited violence? I don't know what you mean by this.

BofaN was about violence. HF is much more approachable feel good movie. Also the main actor was accused rape like 15-20 years ago back in college which is enough to kill a movie.

It incited an anti-white narrative.

You're an idiot.

both were shit but birth of a nation had a director with a rape allegation or something so hidden figures took its diversity spot. if the director of birth of a nation had a clean record then it would be winning awards

Explain your argument or fuck off. What is "Anti-White" about it?

It puffs up a minuscule contribution to a feat of scientific advancement because it was done by an octoroon. They could have made the movie about any other aspect of the space program and it would have been far more interesting than this white guilt bullshit.

literally nothing anti-white then, just normal hollywood embellishment.

>it's okay when white roles are embellished

>blacks gainfully employed under white supervision and according to their abilities vs. blacks rising up to rape and murder innocent white families in their beds
Gee I wonder why only one found success.

Because fiction sells more than reality.

It's ok to embellish when movies are interesting. Literally why does this exist?

How is any of that "anti-White?" It may be fictitious but nothing you said is against White people.

>it's not interesting because I don't like it
>therefore, the fact that it embellishes its story makes it anti-white
Your logic makes me feel bad for my race.

Because this one isn't literally about killing whitey?

It perpetuates a false narrative to make blacks feel better about themselves. In essence it's more racist than I can ever be.

Your sanctimonious moralizing makes me feel bad for my race you intrepid twat.

Except I haven't once interjected my morals anywhere.

>It perpetuates a false narrative to make blacks feel better about themselves.
This is anti-white?

>It perpetuates a false narrative to make blacks feel better about themselves. In essence it's more racist than I can ever be.
That doesn't fit the description of "Anti-White" though.

the false narrative also minimizes the accomplishes of all the white people who worked on the project.

>black women are responsible for nasa's success

o i am laffin

The story is a lie? Are they even real people?

Just because it focuses on other accomplishments doesn't mean it diminishes the ones that aren't the main focus of the story.

>if whites aren't being focused on, they are being diminished

This retarded ass philosophy is the reason so many retards are up in arms these days.

>the false narrative also minimizes the accomplishes of all the white people who worked on the project.
Spoken like someone who never watched the movie. It does not.

They are real. The story isn't anymore embellished than any typical hollywood-based movie.

truly, a black minimizing the accomplishments of whites is more racist than you could ever be.

If you're that triggered you can always rewatch Apollo 13 and The Right Stuff and just pretend Hidden Figures was never made.

>the false narrative also minimizes the accomplishes of all the white people who worked on the project.
Bazingerrs/ Zimbabwe is White and he does math stuff in the movie too.

>hurr having a country is a "safe space" we must let the third worlders invade & behead us

"We wuz azstronuts"

Sure Tyrone. And u wuz kangz and qwangs too.

Not an argument.

Reminder that none of the people complaining about hidden figures have actually seen the movie.

and I never will. It looks worth less than nothing.

The actual, reasonable answer is that Hidden Figures was a safe, pleasant, big budget, noncontroversial PG rated film which parents could take children to see and such. In contrast, In contrast, Birth of a Nation was a hard R rated film, which dealt with more controversial/unpleasant subject matter and had a much smaller budget and target audience. Additionally, Hidden Figures received stronger reviews from critics and audiences so maybe it was just the better film. Also . This thread is going to turn into Sup Forumssjws screeching anyway though so whatever.

When you fluff the contributions of one group, you end up taking away those of another.

Pic: Google being pc in their doodle in order to lie about who ran this space mission.

>I want to be a victim so bad
the post

>massive success

Lol?

There's absolutely nothing to watch. We're in a drought right now.

It really is amazing how Sup Forumsfags have basically morphed into right wing tumblrinas. Stop looking for petty bullshit to be triggered and offended by.

this combined with the tone of the film
this one is much more palatable and family friendly
it also hurt that apparently Birth wasn't very good

I haven't watched the new Birth of a Nation, but we watched the original 1910s Birth of a Nation in my cinema class and I'm trying to think about this one that has pretty much no relationship to it.

Like how assblasted do you have to be to name your pro-black movie after a racist movie that came out a fucking century ago?

sjw brainwashing almost as bad as moonlight, slightly worse than shawshank

>massive success

it grossed 4x its budget and is still doing well at the box office

>Moonlight
>"SJW brainwashing"

Is this Remember the Titans, but with scientists?

>that gif
So this is the power of liberal rebuttals.

How many white people in America have been beheaded by Mexicans?

I think the question is how is a gay black portrayal "sjw brainwashing". If anything it'd be anti-black.

excellent trips my dear

Just got back from it, thought it was a good movie although since the ending was so happy I got the feeling that they weren't all good friends in real life but worked in the same division

This one wasn't brutal and a fuckin downer

Didn't watch BoaN but Hidden Figures was pretty good.

Even that faggot from Big Bang Theory managed to not ruin it.

Why don't you actually explain your point without using meaningless buzzwords like "SJW brainwashing" before you complain about the quality of the responses you're getting. The film did absolutely nothing to advance any type of SJW agenda. Stop being triggered and acting exactly like the "SJWs" you complain about.

That bitch in green looks like slippy the frog from star fox.