*blows godspeed you fat redditor out so badly that they stop making music forever*

*blows godspeed you fat redditor out so badly that they stop making music forever*

when did you realize efrim is a crescendocore hack?

Attached: 1521775245635.png (472x566, 590K)

no new ep today why

>godspeed you fat redditor
why did i laugh at this

Attached: firefox_2018-03-23_18-31-04.png (380x242, 7K)

who is this faggot

how is what op posted against the rules?

those shallow rewards videos were around like 5 years ago. it's funny seeing all you newfags freak out over them.

Who's your favorite, this spammer, the Hot Snakes spammer, or that one guy that really hates The Downward Spiral

it's spam thinly veiled as a music discussion thread

Is this Andrew Garfield?

The first time I saw this thread get posted, I was chuckling for the entirety of my shift at work thinking about "Godspeed You! Fat Redditor".
And I actually think some of their stuff is decent.

hot snakes spammer is easily the worst

i'm pretty sure it's the same guy that spammed yank crime non-stop a while ago

that warms my heart since i made it up a few days ago, glad i could instill a little joy in your life

there's at least two ott spammers, i know since im one of them and didnt create this thread or a few others.

makes me chuckle as well.

what's wrong with discussing something again? ott destroyed the most beloved post-rock band of all time, seems worthy of multiple threads.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS
>now listen to this video where I talk about politics lol

link?

Link to what? Where he complains about bands putting politics in their music or where he oftentimes uses his videos to discuss the politics of the music industry? Because he does both of those things quite frequently.

>when did you realize efrim is a crescendocore hack?

About 10 years ago

>blows kurt soybain out on the 20th anniversary of his suicide just for the fuck of it

based

Attached: 1521511750356.png (563x392, 281K)

Those are different things retard

>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

Okay, music journalism and music are different things, but what's the justification for telling people to limit what they express in their music while talking about politics in your own material? It seems hypocritical.

crazium is an actual autist, don't reply to him

politics in music are boring and reductive. three's no opportunity for nuance, it just becomes a sermon.

Categorising politics in music generally in this way is the definition of a reductive sentiment, and if told in a certain way political feelings can be reflexive and complicated as opposed to preachy or didactic. There's more nuance and intrigue in a track like "#1 Song" by Minutemen than there generally are in the digressions Chris has in his material.

Because professing to know the correct decisions regarding general politics implies you're ready to affect the lives of other people. Politics regarding the music industry only affects the amount of visitors to your blog

Efrim: NO!!!!! CHRIS!!!!! WAIT!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!! FUCKING STOP!!!!!!!

Chris: Bite the pillow,bitch. I'm going in dry.

Efrim: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! IT FUCKING HURTTS!!!!! FUCKIN!!!!!!! I'LL STOP PLAYING

Chris: I'm gonna fucking cum!!!!!!!

Efrim: *anal cavity fucking implodes and dies*

Chris: My work here is done. *listens to the cure and walks away*

Attached: 593434.jpg (318x600, 44K)

But music is largely about expression, of all facets of a person's identity, and that isn't really limited to politics however obnoxious people find that to be. I don't think inclusion of political elements in music implies that the person doing that is overtly trying to affect the lives of other people, but do it to evoke some reaction of some sort. Ceremony once had a lyric - "Sick of the GOP, sick of liberals, sick of me" - that reads a nihilistic rejection of political identity as well as a rejection of the cynicism that leads people to dismiss politics as a lost cause. There can be complicated things to political expression in music that doesn't necessarily indicate the person is trying to pull people in one direction or another.

And about the blog part of your post: are you using an ad populum argument here? Either talking about politics is okay or not okay, there isn't a middle ground here. There are people who do it better than others, sure, but dismissing an entire mode of expression wholesale is stupid.

Kek

lyrics can be nuanced, but not when they're trying to take a political stance. look at punk, it's just DUDE WAR IS BAD, DUDE THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT (literally a gyfr lyric, btw).

Maybe you're not understanding me or I haven't expressed myself well but all I'm saying is that making statements about general politics and making statements about the music industry and what music is good are two infinitely massively different things and cannot be compared

this thread does not follow the rules wrt spam

The context for that spoken word section of "Dead Flag Blues" is of an elderly, worn down man speaking to the audience after the world has literally dipped into dystopian chaos. It's not a blanket statement about the government being evil and how the people should fear the government, and the fact that you misinterpreted this by way of ignoring the rest of the monologue is worrying. Listen to Blaise Bailey Finnegan in "Providence" and "BBF 3". People say that he reflects the band's politics, but does he? He's an unhinged maniac who lies while believing his own bullshit, and is so paranoid about the way things are that he (allegedly) stockpiles more weapons than local militias have. Godspeed spoken word sections usually reflect the fear and desperation of people more than overt political elements or how the audience "should" feel, and your implication that they didactically preach to the audience or that they aren't nuanced makes me think you fundamentally misunderstand what the band has been doing for 20 years.

Okay, but what you're doing is lumping the political schema of people who write political music together while saying that it's general, when really there are very specific things that people comment on that can't be lumped together as generally political. If what Chris comments on is political (and it is), then what makes that less "general" than the politics other people comment on? You need to reconcile this point and specify what makes Chris' commentary unique or different from the commentary of other people before we move on.

Ladytron spammer
I'm looking forward to the "surprise" album announcement

Godspeed is boring.

One is professing opinions and messages that, if taken seriously, would turn into decisions and laws that would affect the lives of people that have never heard or had a say in those opinions.

This carries a lot more responsibility than someone whose opinions, if taken seriously, would not affect anyone that has never heard of or had anything to do with this person (or people).

They can't be compared in the slightest.

>One is professing opinions and messages that, if taken seriously, would turn into decisions and laws that would affect the lives of people that have never heard or had a say in those opinions.
Three things. 1) How would it change laws if taken seriously? 2) Everybody has political opinions and there's no reason that those opinions are any more or less valid than otherwise just because of the context of music. 3) Why does this excuse the opinions exhibited in journalism if they're a no-no in music?

You're just making declarative statement about people's opinions being taken seriously and how they would change the world. If Chris Ott has his way, music would be scrubbed of anything remotely political, and that would affect people who've never heard of him. They're absolutely comparable because politics are politics, regardless of how relatively trivial some political discussions are when compared to others.

Stop using completely unrealistic hypotheticals when discussing the merits of things, too. It detracts away from whatever point you might possibly have about the worth of political messages in music.

these posts are not related to music discussion and have been reported
sage

>1) How would it change laws if taken seriously?
Taken seriously, as in, action is taken upon the stance that the band professes to be the correct course of action. They inherently declare that they accept the responsibility of those decisions being enacted, were their positions taken as the best method of solving those complex issues.

>2) Everybody has political opinions and there's no reason that those opinions are any more or less valid than otherwise just because of the context of music.
Anyone can have an opinion and express it. Valid or not, their opinions carry much more BURDEN OF RESPONSIBILITY because, as Ott says, they think they have the whole fuckin' world figured out.

>3) Why does this excuse the opinions exhibited in journalism if they're a no-no in music?
You need to re-read >If Chris Ott has his way, music would be scrubbed of anything remotely political, and that would affect people who've never heard of him. They're absolutely comparable because politics are politics, regardless of how relatively trivial some political discussions are when compared to others.

Oh please. As if the repercussions of the two are even remotely comparable. I think we're just going in circles at this point.

bump

Who is this memin demon and where can I find his critiques

There's nothing wrong with crescendocore. At least it's better than that incredibly dull and primitive slowcore shit he recommends instead.

announcing reports is also against the rules :)

i was sitting in my room in the dark for 2 hours drinking beer rolling around with suicidal ideations and turned on my computer and this was the first thread I saw and had a very involuntary hearty laugh at this. t,lover of almost all of godspeed records

stop samefagging, this joke is as bad as gybe

Where were you when he blew Unwound the fuck out?

He hates Duster, too. Drones on suicide watch.

Attached: btfo.png (1488x347, 31K)

man unwound is so unbelievably good though