You just watched this and you really loved it

You just watched this and you really loved it.

What did I think of it though?

did nothing for me until the third act.

complete shit

Best sci-fi film of the decade. Finally a film with space ships and shit that ALSO has some intelligence. Even if it doesn't win the oscar, it's awesome that it's nominated.

I have a feeling most people who dislike this saw a really shit cam version of it. I'm assuming since you only just watched it, you probably saw a really shitty version of it too. So you probably hate it, and say the film sucks because you couldn't make out anything that they were saying.

I thought it was decent but seeing time as linear and sequential is so intrinsic to humanity that I didn't buy it. Humanity isn't even that different after it. Her pulling that information out of nowhere took me out of it.

i liked it

She didn't just pull it out of nowhere. The aliums gave her that """gift""".

Ah, I'm sick and groggy my bad. I meant the whole phone conversation with the Chinese guy. The last words of the wife and all. It's from the future, specifically her finding out what she did.

A pretentious piece of trash that designs itself as a throwback 70s sci-fi film that is set to purposefully slow scenes and "eerie" music with subtleties in order to appear as if it though it has a "profound meaning" and "purpose".

Yes it was from the future. And her """gift"" gave her the ability to know what she was supposed to say in that phone call. The aliens basically made it happen, because if you recall they were trying to help humanity settle those differences because they would need their help in due time.

same gimmicky trash as memento

You completely loved it faggot, read the OP

What?

There was no real gimmick in Arrival. Even if you consider the whole "she could see what would happen in the future" a gimmick it really isn't the same thing.

I didn't like it because it made me feel stupid because I didn't get it.

What's not to get?

>aliens need humanities help so they contact them
>humans panic and don't understand what the hell is going on
>amy adams comes along and enables humanity to figure shit out
>then she receives their ""gift"" which allows her to see into the future
>she stops the catastrophe, because the chinese were like "lol, ok"
>humanity benefits from the knowledge brought from the aliens

did everything for me until the third act.

It's just a remake of 1997s contact.

So you know everything that will happen but can't escape an explosion? Or how did they not foresee all of it? Could've been much smoother. Or can you not change things? If everything is set then why not say as such?

Pretty creative but will be forgotten about in 3 months

fuck time paradoxes.
the phone scene ruined the entire movie. it's just bad writing and wasn't even necessary.

it's interstellar all over again

>I don't know how to do this, but this deus ex machina extraterrestrial thing can let me see the future so I can actually know this alien language because I can see myself reading it in the future

also that fucking bird drawing spoiled every fucking thing

time as a circular concept was already introduced in Watchmen

first 80% of the movie - pretty good
last 20% of the movie - terrible

she should get Blacked

>Sup Forums voted Arrival best film of 2016
its official. reddit has taken over.

shitkino

Interesting design for the aliens and ships. Interesting concept to have it focus on language aswell. I think it could have focused more on the effect that news has on the masses as they kinda introduced that then forgot about it. The end could have been better aswell.

It was engaging, but ultimately unfulfilling.

>why are you here?
>in 3000 years we need humanity help

seriously? like, "an ancient evil has awoken"?

fucking dropped

anyone know where i can download frequencies the netflix series?