So I started watching the MCU movies only recently (just finished Thor DW)...

So I started watching the MCU movies only recently (just finished Thor DW), and as much as I liked those untils Avengers, every title since has leaved me with this weird absence of feeling.
Am I getting too old? Too exigent to appreciate good mainstream? Or are those movies so superficial and crafted to work on the majority that they end up having no soul? Watching a bland movie like this (CGI everywhere not helping) may actually be worse than watching a bad movie to me.

its fucking capeshit user, its not even cinema, its a fucking genre

if you liked comic books when you were a kid, youll like the movies, simple as that

A lot of the people watching those movies don't even read comics tho.

did they like or hate it?

they dont neccassarily have to read the comics, they just have to like all those supehero action figure gimmick bullshit

They're shit. Disney don't want to make good films. They're just abiding to their focus-tests and "inclusiveness" completely stripping the movies of any identity. Just compare Lee's Hulk to MCU Hulk. The faggot above me is wrong. It's not the genre that's wrong. It's Disney hating good stories.

Yeah, Lee's Hulk was not perfect but it's actually way too underestimated. At least it has some personnality and tries things.

I liked Thor comics when I was a kid and the movies are awful

There are still good mainstream movies. The problem is that MCU does not make movies, but 2+ hour-long trailers designed to set up the next 2+ hour-long trailers. The sooner you realize that, the better.

Best girl

When will she get her giant Jew Tits out on the big screen?

This, Thor movies are so far removed from the comics its not even funny.

Please rec good Thor comic? What's like

The definitive run of Thor I guess would be Walter Simonson's. Of course reading the original Jack Kirby stuff is what you need to do to get to the root of what the character is.
If you want something newer, Jason Aaron's Godbutcher arc is breddy good.

If you think Thor: The Dark World was soulless, wait until you get to Captain America: Civil War - I wonder if Marvel purposely makes the films dumber to see how far they can push it until people catch on. Not just the ridiculous airport battle but the fact that by the end of the film, nothing has really changed. A lot of the drama in Marvel films is superficial - it never dares to cross a certain line.

What line is that?

Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 are generally seen as some of the weakest entries. If you liked the ones until Avengers, you'll probably like Winter Soldier and GotG.

What kind of person do you have to be not to watch some MCU movies when they came out just out of curiousity? Underage I guess

I passed on them all until I saw Iron Man on TV. This was around when trailers for Dark World were coming out, I think. I was more interested in seeing Man of Steel and Amazing Spider-Man than some silly flicks about characters I'd never heard about.
Funny how that worked out.

I unironically enjoyed both of these.

Comicfags, what is your main objection on movie Thor portrayal?

Lack of dignity.

Too much Earth and romance shit. I like the Asgard stuff, but 60% of the time the action takes place on Earth with annoying characters like Jane and Darcy.

I kinda like IM3. Bit messy but you can feel the Shane Black vibe and it has some ideas.

Well, the examples from this year:

Civil War - the drama should come from the heroes being torn apart and fighting each other; ends up being a fun scrap at an airport which seems more akin to kids playing until one goes too far and ends up hurting somebody. Then at the very end, Steve Rogers writes Tony Stark the gayest "we had a falling out but let's still be friends" letter, negating the events of the film because nothing really changes.

Doctor Strange - except for the Ancient One dying, everything else that could have been dramatic was played for laughs, including Strange's relationship with Palmer. The ending with him in the sanctuary implied a longing for her but pointlessly so - why did he not go see her? Nothing happened to keep them separate but it's this superficial "lost/forbidden love" angle, just to give the impression of a complex character.

It's the tone, perhaps. I'm not saying they should be Batman v. Superman grimdark shit but at least something that would convince me there is some gravity to situations, something at stake, that the characters are taking it seriously.

More like overage. Also shit job = less time with normal people on weekends

>Nothing happened to keep them separate
Except for her not wanting him?