I BELIEVE

ARENA IS GONE LADS
washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2017/10/13/breaking-bruce-arena-is-out-as-u-s-soccer-coach/?utm_term=.590b75d71eb4

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/post/united-states/8f71d691-1b5e-4a03-83bd-6ff8c94ee88c
youtube.com/watch?v=qZRIXO7HYYY
youtube.com/watch?v=czfmzJIvaCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

USA needs to change basically everything if they want to be competitive

Is true that he say something like "I would like to see one of those top European teams trying to qualify in CONCACAF"?

well done, I remember watching the game against Mexico where he decided to park the bus in the second half like they were playing against Germany or some shit, the man had no winning mentality whatsoever

we will never be competitive because people here don't give a shit about soccer. 99% of people you'd ask on the street wouldn't even know who Arena is

You should hire an Argentine manager, they made Chilel win their only 2 titles in history and qualified Colombia and Peru this year

Martino is working in the States, maybe you could hire him

nobody gives a shit about all the Olympic sports till the Olympics either, the most important country in the world being shit at the biggest sport in the world should be humiliating

inb4 >we sign Robo Bob Bradley to replace him

H-hi Americans, I heard you need a new coach for your national team?

US is not poor enough for people to grow up playing divegrass instead of videogames or real sports.

a new coach won't suddenly make the US good at soccer

two things to improve US football
>stop pay to play
>build a street football pitch in every neighbourhood

Of course he did. He is fucking stupid.
>"I would love to see one of these hotshot teams from Europe come here and play in our CONCACAF qualifying and really get a taste of this and see what that's about," Arena told reporters on Monday.

I think we can handle both Trinidad and Tobago

>>build a street football pitch in every neighbourhood
They already have that, the USA has more players than us and like 10 times more footballers than Uruguay, they can't be saved

They care about this sport more than most nations and still suck. They invest way more money than us in this sport and will never come close to our level

>"This is very challenging, it's like survival of the fittest. They could do one of those TV shows on this. Who will survive in the end, that's basically what this is."

Germany, Japan, UK and Iceland are all pretty wealthy and they qualified.

>>>build a street football pitch in every neighbourhood
>They already have that

Thanks John, I didn't know this about my own country. We uave soccer fields that are mostly used for the following;

1. Little kid tournaments
2. Old Mexicans

That's it. Most high school team's play in make shift football fields for soccer.

Did somebody say savior?

Your "shit" fields are way better than ours or Brazilian ones, we play on literal dirt. We are still good at this sport

All I'm saying is, stop using excuses. Americans suck at all competitive sports, why would football be an exception?

Good first step trust me.
Nothing worse than having a coach who overstayed his welcome (even though he replaced Klinsmann fairly recently he's not a new face to the US team). Even if at the beginning he was good. Once the situation gets from bad to worse it's too late.

It's coming home!

>They care more than most nations

Real quick way to discredit yourself

but not as wealthy as the US. try and follow along

>suck at all competitive sports
>won more gold, silver, and bronze medals than any other country at the olympics
>best baseball team
>best basketball team

Try harder.

>win the world baseball classic and countless gold medals at the Olympics
>hur durr Americans suck at all competitive sports

No mas replies para ti negro

Yeah like golf, tennis, swimming, track and field, basketball and baseball.

Inb4 rugby and cricket. Same tier as basketball and baseball. There's only one global team sport.

You invest way more money on the sport than us
You have more professional players than Uruguay
Those are objective facts my man

We are talking sports, not Olympic (like the word says) games. Half of your medals are from swimming in 25 different styles, that's hardly being good at sports

You suck at all sports played worldwide

Either kids need to be in some kind of organization by the age of 13 or 14. Or treat it like we do Hockey here.

The average U.S citizen makes less then the citizens of any of those countries.

Lmao okay we're the best at basketball and baseball. One of the top teams in hockey. Man not sounding like we're shit at all sports.

But what do I expect from some subhuman spic who has a 2nd grad reading level.

There are a few problems with USA developing players.
>Prioritize results like England used to do at youth levels.
This means that the bigger faster kid wins out over the smaller, more technical player who could eventually become the better player 10 years down the line. Results matter. England had that problem. In 2012 they changed the rules to divide the full season into 4 small seasons so that losing isn't that big of a deal.
>They don't focus enough on technical ability. Kids are made to play in matches with 11 players as young as 7 years old.
This means less time on the ball which is detrimental to becoming more competent with the ball. France, Spain, and the Dutch make kids play 5v5 as kids, then gradually the pitches get bigger and more kids are added so kids get more time on the ball. Pretty sure England recently adopted that in 2012.
>Shitty coaching
Mostly dads of a kid who just want to coach for 3-4 months. They have no idea what to do.
>seasons only last 3-4 months of the year
Unless you play club football (which is pay to play), you're only playing 3-4 months. This happens in high school and college level. Seasons are short because that's how sports are in America. Meanwhile, academies else where are year long.

The entire system is fucked. 5 year olds should just be focused on messing around with the ball, not really kicking. Kicking is super easy compared to manipulating the ball and is not something that can be taught.

>black citizen
whites dont, and poor black youths would rather sling dope or commit robberies than practice a sport

B-b-but those aren't real sports!

This

Of course Argentinean thinks swimming isn't competitive

then why are your sports full of them?

>Lmao okay we're the best at basketball and baseball.
Because literally no one play those sports

We have the 3rd best basketball league in the world and it's absolute crap, I can't even imagine the rest

I won't even talk about baseball, you have the only pro league in the world. Japs don't count, they also suck at all sports

they didnt grow up poor?

Good post but it's like saying Jamaica are better than Argentina at sports just because they get more medals, when they literally are only good at running in a straight line in multiple "different" ways

The sports we play aren't Olympic. As a quick way to realise if an activity is a game or a sport: if the main event of said activity are the Olympic games, it's just a game

>The entire system is fucked. 5 year olds should just be focused on messing around with the ball, not really kicking. Kicking is super easy compared to manipulating the ball and is not something that can be taught.

Have you ever been to a youth practice?

you're going to sit there and really try to convince me that the majority of your black athletes came from middle or even upper class households?

at least basketball is the sport of the poor, that is even true here to some degree

>Have you ever been to a youth practice?
more like... have you ever tried teaching a 5 year old anything at all?

>the only sports that count are the ones that help me prove my argument.

This is why Argentina is a nigger spic hell hole and the British bitch.

>Increasing numbers of Americans, having played the game in their youth, are now avid spectators. The annual ESPN sports poll has shown soccer as the fourth most popular team sport in the United States every year since overtaking hockey in 2006;[36] as of 2011, 8.2% of Americans rank soccer as their favorite sport (compared to 3.8% for hockey).

there are exceptions to every rule. nigs in the ghetto probably dont even go to school. no idea how they're going to play sports without being in school

press S to spit on his grave

>ESPN
about as reliable as the 2016 presidential election polls

No, the only sports that count are those played on pro level in all continents

Football
Tennis
Rugby
Polo
Field hockey
Cricket
Formula 1

et cetera

Ehh you can do it. Just gotta make it fun.

It's all about finding ways for kids to practice the fundamentals in a fun and engaging way. Also 5 year olds are playing for fun. It's most likely just going to be herd ball.

Keep pushing the goal post back you retarded spic and then hang yourself from it.

Dude is a shit racist troll.

>Football
pretty much the only team sport in the world played everywhere
>Tennis
not a team sport
>Rugby
>Polo
>Field hockey
>Cricket
does the US have professional teams for these?
>Formula 1
not played everywhere in the world, not sure why you included this

Never moved the post, I just said Americans are bad at sports that aren't only played by yourself

You startind qualifying pastimes like swimming as global sports just to "prove me wrong"

>does the US have professional teams for these?
Yes, and they suck
>not played everywhere in the world, not sure why you included this
Only global motorsport

I think ultimately even though most Americans don't care about soccer a significant number still do, and the fact that they couldn't qualify for the world cup in such an unbelievably weak group is oddly detached from the amount of money and attention that soccer receives in this country. I think more registered players in US than there are people living Trinidad. It's at least a little embarrassing. What other US sport gets a comparable amount of revenue but no results?

Can he fix Team USA?

>basketball played all across the world
>baseball played all across the world
>"b-b-b-but nobody plays those sports"
>list sports like F1, Polo, field hockey, and tennis that no one but rich countries play

Seriously it's amazing how stupid the rest of the world is.

Thank fuck

What a piece of shit coach

>>basketball played all across the world
>>baseball played all across the world
name 1 pro league in africa and oceania of these sports

>no one but rich countries play
Argentina is a 3rd world country and we are good at all of these. Again, not an excuse

>US soccer chief Sunil Gulati refuses to resign after World Cup failure

Ok americans you got one part of the problem solved, now the other

bleacherreport.com/post/united-states/8f71d691-1b5e-4a03-83bd-6ff8c94ee88c

Are there any good American mangerial prospects?

larry david can fix anything

Of course as I was in youth soccer. Kids need to focus on manipulating the ball as early as 4 years old. Maybe even 3. Not as practice, but just to get as comfortable with the ball as they possibly can. Rolling the ball should be a priority until it's second nature. This will make them develop faster technically and thus make the sport funner. A lot of kids that suck dick at the sport want to quit because they suck dick and aren't comfortable with the ball at their feet. They're afraid to fuck up in front of other people watching.

Shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=qZRIXO7HYYY
youtube.com/watch?v=czfmzJIvaCI

Just kicking the ball with pure chaos found at u6 matches teach kids nothing. Let them get comfortable so when they gradually get older they start to have fun with the sport.

curb it like beckham

No one here gives a fuck about Basketball, they literally hand out the tickets to free and still no one goes. Nobody even knew who Melbourne United where when they played OKC and the whole thing was an advertisement for our league.

Notice more than half the flags in this thread are not American. Again, you guys care more about our soccer team than we do.

>Return
24m americans watched the last WC, thats the same population as my country

You should hire Osorio tbqh

>big ass Australia only has 24m people
you need some cultural enrichment

Only 10% of our land is habitable which is why all our major cities are coastal

We might as well do a Trump, some white male who really wants this job even Though he’s hilariously under qualified— Seattle Sounders co-owner and blue collar funny man, Drew Carey.

He’s going to keep the teams spirits up throughout the bad times and he will have plays nobody’s ever seen, because they are stupid. The wins will come easy!

how bad is the centre? similar to sahara or more like arizona/patagonia?

/thread

it's a mix of both, its truly a diverse shithole.

TUCHEL INCOMING CHECK ESPN

Why the fuck did they rehire this clown?

Bradley senior and Klinsmann were at least journeymen, Arena is a fucking hack.

It reeked of nepotism. It's a disgrace that U.S don't qualify with that talentpool and with CONCACAF opposition. Mexico has had football in their culture since always, so I get that they would be no.1 but.... not being 2nd in every qualification is just ridiculous

Bring in the man who can

Make AstroTurf illegal to play football on. It's cancer.

Irony is that Arena wasn't actually the problem.
Sure he deserves some blame for failing to motivate the players more but..

Line ups were fine.
Player selection was fine.
Talent is obviously fine.

This one falls on the shoulders of the players though who were convinced that they'd qualify before the hex even started.

entitlement.
They kicked panamas ass and figured "T&T is in the bag"
That's the heart of problem here.

>Americans saying "lad"

We prefer ancelotti

I've seen Americans saying "lad" in Hollywood movies

It needed to happen

there is an election coming soon so he should be voted out by then

>some Sup Forums thread with 80 replies is proof

If you want an outdated manager go for it

That IS Arena's fault you idiot. He literally bragged about not preparing "1 second for the Trinidad game" thinking it wasn't going to matter. He also didn't rotate despite knowing we'd be playing in a shithole. He's an arrogant fucking piece of shit and he's My Little Sawker wrapped into one package.

Trinidad reporting in, you're welcome.

Thank you for destroying MLS propaganda based At&t. Having to hear these fucking faggot gay rights activist nu male shills pretend that MLS is great was infuriating for so long.

thanks la

PARDEW IN

where's Tobago bruh

You need an argentine or brazilian coach, Your view of the game is shit.

>You need an argentine or brazilian coach, Your view of the game is shit.
When you're playing a shitty sport it doesn't matter what angle you look at it from, it's still going to be shit.

That's why 7 - 1 score is getting "BTFO".

>this post
Were you born retarded? Because none of what you said made any sense in any context whatsover.

Too little too late. Klansman should have never been fired

Luk at dis dud

Why was Klinsmann even fired in the first place?

Was it just a knee jerk reaction???

>yfw fans of european soccer are even bigger numales than mls fans
Not to mention T&Ts best players play in MLS and even shittier leagues

That much of a turn out for women's golf over men??