Holy shit

Attached: futuredays.jpg (500x500, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7za3-tbYtPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

babys first krautrock record

>mfw i was playing Bel Air to a friend and thought it was some easy-listening shit

Attached: 1501380215558.jpg (280x280, 9K)

delete this

i know right

it's the best krautrock record. and one of the best records of all time

op here, I'll admit I'm super new to krautrock (Ege Bamyasi then this, that's about it) but this just blew me away. I plan to listen to Tago Mago and then some other bands I've heard about like Neu, Faust, etc soon. Anything in particular I should keep an eye out for? I've heard Faust IV and Neu 75 are the best by those two bands, respectively.

it's shit can is shit

No need to thank me, just your friendly neighborhood patrician

start with the top row

Attached: kraut.png (2490x947, 539K)

thanks for the link, I'll save this

There are plenty of krautrock albums that are better.

None of the "albums in the top row" sound like Future Days, my friendly pretentious avant-teen. You are basically recommending Neu!'s debut to person who adores '75.

He said he was new to krautrock and was going to listen to Faust and Neu! next

He didn't say "rec me albums that sound like future days"

I was just trying to be helpful :)

the thing about Future Days is that it sounds so ahead of it's time, it's crazy. That song Moonshake is near perfection, and then when you factor in that it comes from a bunch of German guys in 1973, it's great.

Oh well, he's either in for a treat or he's gonna get btfo'd.

correct

hope it's the former

almost like krautrock is more of a movement than a genre.

this

Krautrock is not a genre. It's usually progressive rock

>it's the best krautrock record.
Obviously newfag hasn't seen Faust on Sup Forumscore. Keep lurking.

>banging on a cement mixer is better than calculated, virtuosic, alien jazz fusion
get a load of this poser

literally nothing sounds like future days

>Future Days
>calculated, virtuosic, alien jazz fusion
Listen to more music, faggot. Your disgusting newfag is showing.

not sure why you keep insisting i'm a newfag. i've probably listened to more krautrock than you. and i definitely know more about music theory than you based on your posts.

faust couldn't play for shit. the only appeal was in their wild experimentation. can was chock full of actual musical talent and they showcase that to an extreme on future days. especially bel-air

>not sure why you keep insisting i'm a newfag
Because it's way too obvious that you are, kid. If you have listened to krautrock at least half as much as I have, you'd understand that CAN are literally the Chainsmokers of krautrock with their eager desire to repeat the same one note and two beats - Future Days being the worst offender - for 40 minutes. Everything CAN did is formulaic as fuck and even Amon Duul II after Wolf City are less basic.

bel air is the greatest thing humans have ever done

>CAN are literally the Chainsmokers of krautrock
this is an embarrassing post.
>their eager desire to repeat the same one note and two beats for 40 minutes.
i don't believe that you've even listened to future days

>this is an embarrassing post.
How? Face the truth, newfag, Can is shit.

you unironically tried to imply that future days is "the same one note and two beats for 40 minutes" why should i take any of your opinions on music seriously if you aren't even capable of understanding what you're listening to?

>implying I was incorrect
LISTEN
TO
MORE
MUSIC

if you are actually choosing to stand by your original statement then listen to this and tell me it's the same one note and two beats. youtube.com/watch?v=7za3-tbYtPU

Literally listened to the whole album for the third time an hour ago. Still mind-numbing at best.

>for the third time
lmao and you're trying to come off as some kind of experienced connoisseur. go to bed kid. maybe you'll understand it when you're older

>canfag this mad after getting his favorite german chainsmokers album btfo
Kek. Don't you have a school to shoot up today?

>how to react when you lose an argument: kid's edition

Glad you admit your flaws, kiddo :)
Maybe listen to more music before you get in an argument with someone competent next time.

babies first means good btw

don't feed the trolls!

(this conversation was painful to read)

this. the most popular and influential albums of a x genre are actually not that good. the real shit is the ones who have 50 ratings on rym, had only 1 pressing made, and only 1000 people ever bought a copy of it

>n-no you

i seriously hope that guy is a troll

i think the can guy was genuine though

t. troll who is trying to compare can to chainsmokers

not him man but i like faust more

cool

Attached: this is bait..jpg (375x523, 29K)

Can are literally what are SY to noise rock, entry level band. Now if you enjoy them more than Faust you are either a newfag or a normie trying to fit in. Btw i am the first user that called you newfag. It is truth tho that your newfagginess shows, lurk more.

I remember the first time i came to mu and saw mucore, tago mago sounded way too weird for my normie taste, then i listened to future days and said wow can are good, only to realise later on how basic it was and how much of a normie i was to hold this opinion.

entry level=/=bad
i'm not gonna bother engaging you unless you start critiquing the actual music rather than drawing irrelevant comparisons and making ad-hominem attacks

I am not saying entry level is bad but insead i am saying that entry level music is boring, future days has nothing new to offer neither to music nor can's sound. It is their most normie album and a poor example of krautrock. All the records on mucore around krautrock are way more complicated and interesting than future days. If your untrained ears can't appreciate the experimental sound of Faust then that's your problem not mine, my taste is good but yours suck.

>obscurity = quality
end this meme

It is not a meme tho, after listening to a certain amount of music nothing moves you unless it is obscure and has something new to offer. Until you get bored of obscurity and start appreciating normie music again.
Don't be mad, we are just olderfags than you pleb.

>oh no it has some pop sensibilities! that doesn't look good for my poser avant-teen persona
future days remains untouched when it comes to pure musical performance. come back to me when you find a krautrock album with better drumming. or an album that makes better use of the juxtaposition between consonance and dissonance as well for that matter.

>future days has nothing new to offer
It's 50 years old you pretentious jackass.

> you find a krautrock album with better drumming
Amon Duul - Phallus Dei and Yeti
Can - Ege Bamyasi
Faust - Tapes
Neu! - Neu!
To name a few

If you need me to point your way an album with better drumming than future days then how am i wrong calling you a newfag? Get off.

>or an album that makes better use of the juxtaposition between consonance and dissonance
Throws buzzwords that read once in a review about future days in order to intimidate us with his music theory knowledge, top kek.

Attached: reddit.jpg (794x810, 119K)

i've listened to all of those albums dozens of times. the only one that even comes close is ege bamyasi and that's because it's still jaki leipzeit. and even then he kept himself more confined within the rigid motorik that's so characteristic of krautrock on that album.

>Throws buzzwords that read once in a review about future days in order to intimidate us with his music theory knowledge, top kek.
or maybe i meant what i said and you're just too dumb to understand it.

sometimes it is better to stay out of things, specially if you have nothing to say and your brain is malfuctioning since birth.

Oh boy i fully understood what you said i just know that these are not your words, don't try that hard, it is only an user board, there are no upvotes/downvotes or a comment history, only you can feel your shame.

>the only one that even comes close is ege bamyasi and that's because it's still jaki leipzeit. and even then he kept himself more confined within the rigid motorik that's so characteristic of krautrock on that album.
Are you retarded?

I am a normie with basic taste but not a retard, i know lots of words.

>i just know that these are not your words
they literally are my words and you can't provide any evidence otherwise. sorry if my theory terminology frightened you

>pretending to be me
why?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.03.54 AM.png (425x114, 27K)

on second thought, you're right. the drumming on that album definitely rivals future days.

More like it cringed me. But i really want to know, do you rate Future Days higher than Tago Mago & Ege Bamyasi? This record is their most basic and normie friendly, if you knew the very least of the theory you claim to know you would have agreed with me long time ago.

>rivals
Lmao
The drumming on Future Days isn't even syncopated

Jesus the 2 out of 3 anons you are arguing with are baiting you, the other one is probably serious, but you are such a newfish. Enjoy your stay here.

>2 out of 3 anons you are arguing with are baiting you
that's what i figured.

trolls or not, you're all retarded. i'm going to bed.

See you tomorrow newfriend and remember Future Days and Monster Movie are the most normie friendly Krautrock ever made.

>listening to more music makes Bel-Air one note and two beats for 40 minutes
How come poseur faggots can't into basic logic for children?

Prove it. Specific examples, while providing musical terminlology, if you're so musically inclined as to tell everyone else that their taste is shit.

>normie
>spouting shit without any empirical backup
How to spot a newfag trying to fit in: the post

You literally just spouted nonsense. Post concrete examples of the musical superiority, or get the fuck out

>this thread
Mods delete Sup Forums now

Attached: 1469434875117.jpg (234x215, 20K)

where the FUCK is GuruGuru?

this has turned into a shit thread but it also has the most actual music discussion ive seen here in a while

>La Düsseldorf - La Düsseldorf
Nice to see this recommended, surprisingly slept on album for a board that so often fellates most of NEU!'s stuff.

What do you recommend by them?

UFO is there

False. Babys first is Neu/Tago Mago

He seemed sarcastic