Yankees are The Greatest Sports Team in the world

Why can no other Sport team even compete?

A century of kicking ass and they're literally contenders in a rebuilding year.

>WE WUZ REBUILDING N SHEEEITTT

>tfw childhood was the core four dynasty
>tfw adult hood is baby boomer dynasty

Who won the NYC Metropolitan being born lottery?

>nicknaming yourselves the baby-bombers

who is this stupid

Got my hat on chaps, been a fan for over 10 years.

last year was a rebuilding year, they are in the playoffs this year just like they were supposed to be, and they're going to lose in 6 games in the world series.

I'm getting nervous now that people are predicting us to win the series

>Who are the Dallas Cowboys.

We have 16 (sixteen) home games per year and are the most valuable sports team in human history.

>inB4 Euros and Foreigners coming in their bullshit.

When I travel to your shitholes, you foreigners who proclaim to "not care" about "handegg," treat me like the fuckin' Pope when you see me in my Staubauh jersey and sacrifice your povertyball "kits" as a tribute.

Cowboys fan. The greatest birth right on Earth.

How's not winning an owl in 21 years feel?

Same. I liked being the underdog who wasn't supposed to be here.

>litterally irrelevant for 2 decades

>greatest sports team in the world
>doesn't play a sport

>Boston Celtics
>LA Lakers

fuck off spicball

the nba wasn't taken seriously until the early 2000s when a small modicum of parity first appeared. so the lakers deserve some respect but boston is just a miserable pile of shit that can't win anything when all the best players aren't on their team.

literally a corporate entity who is only known because they turned their logo into a piece of fashion

>>doesn't play a sport

Baseball challenges all the core athletic traits to the max you see in the decathlon aside from jogging around, which isn't that impressive of a trait anyway.

And on top of that, you have to figure out how to make contact with projectiles moving at 100mph and over.

It's not a rebuilding year though,this team is the fruit of like a decade long rebuild lol

the logo has been exactly the same throughout their 114 year history.

This. Played basketball and baseball in highschool, and while basketball "looks" more athletic because it's a quickly paced sport, it really doesn't push all around athleticism as much as baseball.

Basketball court is only 96 feet long, and very rarely will you ever have to full on sprint full court, even when getting back on defense, you mostly back pedal into a controlled run. Baseball is max effort sprinting every time you make contact with the ball which could have you sprinting over 100 yards on occasion.

And no action basketball pushes core abdominal strength like hitting and throwing. It's a jumping game above else, but also requires a lot of lateral quickness (not any more than is required to play shortstop).

The endurance/stamina demands aren't that much to be worth mentioning.

Basketball players are great athletes, but the game itself isn't as hyper athletic as it looks.

Like I said, a jumping game. No team sport challenges vert like basketball. But that's no more an impressive athletic event than a 300 foot laser from the outfield to gun down a runner, even though the Carter dunks "looks" flashier.

It's really something else, isn't it? Growing up in the Bronx during the 90s, we had pride in our yanks. I went to a lot of games and even went to the parades. Now my kids are going to have that same feeling. I bought my son and daughter yankees hats and shirts. Only Gardner related stuff because I don't like the moulies.