INT: Otani (ankle) will need three months of rehab
NYY: Gregorius goes yard twice; Yankees to ALCS
CHC: Hendricks to start for Cubs in NLDS Game 5
WAS: Taylor's grand slam puts game away for Nats
WAS: Strasburg dominant in 5-0 win to force Game 5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3yv_sIa4n3s
youtube.com/watch?v=v__xypPFQLo&feature=youtu.be
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21006931/max-scherzer-unbelievable-impossible-unprecedented-loss
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dodgers in 4.

SECOND

> posting old shit news
Shit OP

Who the hell do the Cubs start in game 1?

Lads, I just got the email saying I can buy cubs home tickets

What game should I try to snag tickets to, 3 4 or 5?

>Four largest metros/markets in the country are New York, LA, Chicago, Houston
hmmmmm

Lackey.
If Kershaw pitches then I'm fine with it, Cusb probably wouldn't win anyways. Cubs have a shot no matter who is on the mound if Kershit pitches instead.

Quintana only threw like 10 pitches yesterday.

That is literally the most recent news, because there's been no news, you fucking casual.

what exactly has happened in the world of baseball since: "Cubs edge Nationals, advance to NLCS?"

What are nats fans doing to recover from last night? I'm killing orcs in Shadow of War to relieve myself.

holy shit

HAHAHAHA LOSEDIANS BTFO

How will Drumpfkins ever recover?

Cusbs

Cubs meme magic is regenerating as we speak to reverse sweep the doyers

Cubes

Baseball in England is trash. TRASH!

This has to be fake.

>Backyard Baseball came out 20 years ago
We're all old, lads.

Doyers

How scared are ASStros fans right now?
Yanks peewsed the Indians and you're next

Knowing the umps fucked the Baez-Wieters interference call and gave the cusb 2 runs - the difference in the game, series, and season - is a weird sort of consolation.

It's sort of like any other major officiating gaffe (Denkinger, Stars-Sabres, 2002 WCF Game 6, Tuck Rule) - I'm curious how media outlets cover it, and in particular whether the outlets that have paid to broadcast the playoffs mention it at all.

"If a batter strikes at a ball and misses and swings so hard he carries the bat all the way around and, in the umpire’s judgment, unintentionally hits the catcher or the ball in back of him on the backswing, it shall be called a strike only (not interference). The ball will be dead, however, and no runner shall advance on the play."

Correctly enforced, it was strike 3, dead ball, inning over the moment Baez' bat hit Wieters (same as how on the front swing it's interference the moment the mitt hits the bat).

All in all, the game was incredibly exciting (even if for the worst of reasons, bad officiating), and instead of the nats having the lead and then always blowing it, they kept battling back and not giving up. That was good to see.

Reminder that Kershaw sucks in the postseason.

Holy shit. This call, while wrong, had absolutely no affect on the play whatsoever. It would have been a bigger tragedy if it was called and ruined such an insane game. Fuck Brian Stow

youtu.be/3yv_sIa4n3s

The absolute state of dusty

The only issue is that the rule requires that an Ump see the play happen in order to cause an official review and none of them saw it. Honestly, they just need to chalk it up as an unfortunate event and add this as a managers challenge possibility

About as scared as the Yankees are to play the Astros. Yankees really should have won 100 games this year if you take a look at their stats

The MLBN guys got an ump to explain it to them last night, the ump said because Wieters missed the ball entirely, they judged that the interference had no chance of making any meaningful impact on the play.

I already celebrated making the eries

Finally someone with sense. The rule itself gives some leeway in the call.

Rewatching the 5th, why the fuck wasn't Rendon in a no doubles defense here?

Trea has great speed and range, so Rendon should've been on that line like a fly on shit. Even if Russel did find a gap between the 5 and 6 hole, a single just ties it obviously.

Starts at 8:32

youtube.com/watch?v=v__xypPFQLo&feature=youtu.be

>10 words due at 10
just end my life now family

Not scared at all, we wipe the floor with the Yankees, it's the Indians who could have beat us.

That's only six words. Four more to go, champ.

>coincidence = rig bc your favorite teams got btfo
really makes you think

nlcs: bad guys vs bad guys

alcs: good guys vs bad guys

only 1 good guys left bros

wot do?

Stros

lol i bet you thought the yankees would have been 4th AL East too right? continue doubting the strength of that team and you will continue to be butt blasted every time they succeed

>it's the Indians who could have beat us
oh so the team that beat the team that can beat you cant beat you now? okedokey

sit back and witness the greatest pure hitter of all time lead his good guys to the first of many rings

Odds of the things that happened against Max Scherzer occurring (infield hit on 2 strikes, bloop on 2 strikes, Addi double, Catcher interference, HBP on 2 strikes, wild pitch strikeout). :

>But the chances that they'd all go against him?

>I get 4.58055e-10. What's that, .000000000458? I might have missed by a zero. But 1 in 2,183,406,113. Those are the odds that they'd all go against Scherzer.

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21006931/max-scherzer-unbelievable-impossible-unprecedented-loss

Yanquis

Statistically speaking, it's true. Pythagorean Win/Loss has them as a 100 win team.

that inning was some pure voodoo curse shit

The Astros are the best bad guys left, that doesn't mean they're good guys

Well, you could always root for my team. We have a caboose on our bandwagon if you want to hop on our train.

>tfw watching this season from the start
I'm completely fine with that August slump we had. We're in the ALCS, now.

>championships from when people died of AIDS
>counting

lmao "no"

the BA torch has been passed

what would the assblast be from a yankees/dodgers world series?

lmao

Stro here, it'll be a good game I think.

Aaron Judge could activate and actually produce

Tanaka gets his redemption against the Astros who rekt him early on in the season

Girardi probably isn't going to get canned like John Farrell.

Wieters reaction also implied that the swing had no impact either.

>There are Cusbs "fans" on this board right now that unironically think their team stands a chance against the DODGERS.

Do you literally have the memory of a goldfish?

>Do you literally have the memory of a goldfish?
shhhhhh. It's more entertaining to watch them realize as it's happening.

I'm a Dodgers fan too but I remember last year all too clearly. I remember the year before that and the year before that and so on...

Manfred man indians lose because new york is the only team that could get people to cheer for houston

>Astros are the best bad guys
what makes Astros bad guys? (tripfags not included)

the doyers will choke hard

>dave robberts vs joe maddon

fukn lmao

let the meme moves begin

who will out meme who?

Remember when the playoffs were good?

so, they're proud of this disgraceful call?

fuck the mlb, they can't call something based on SUPPOSITIONS. There's no way to be sure if in the split second the Lobaton's foot lose contact with the base, Rizzo's glove was still in contact with player. It's clear he was pulling his arm back, because he wasn't expecting that to happen, and it's impossible to know if in that moment the glove was in fact still making contact or away for 1/10 of an inch.
But all above doesn't even fucking matter, because you shouldn't call based on what you can't see. His foot touched the based before the tag, valid call, his foot left the base when APPARENTLY the tag was still on, not a valid fucking call.

Dave Roberts is just there and Maddon overthinks every little pitching decision. Fucking ugly this series will be. It will come down to who fucks up less. A tossup going to 7 games.

>any team from Texas
>ever good

>It will come down to who fucks up less.

lmao

cubs are idiot proof against maddon

see last years post seaosn run

Houstonians are literal cancer. They somehow manage to be worse than both New Yorkers AND Bostonians.

>They somehow manage to be worse than both New Yorkers AND Bostonians.
[citation definitely needed]

Shoulda kept his foot on the bag

>implying anything from chicago, LA, or, New york are better

>having any emotional investment in who wins or loses after your team is eliminated
>not just hoping games are close and exciting and not boring blowouts

i can confirm what he's saying

>watching the games at all
>not boycotting the games so that the league rigs the playoffs in favor of your fanbase next season

pleb

>A fan snorts yayo while watching their team play

Guess you didn't see the ENTIRETY OF FENWAY PARK derisively chanting, "UP-TON, UP-TON, UP-TON" when Verlander was pitching relief in Game 4.

They were cheering "Justin" as in Justin Verlander.

It's called home field advantage for a reason.

The hope in this picture.

>Ball thru his legs and behind him long before backswing makes any contact.

It's the ump's fault!

Just go to Houston and talk to literally anyone there. Houstonians are THE most annoying people, and they have an insane amount of pride for a city that really isn't that nice.

I don't see what you're trying to say? Astros fans haven't derisively jeered any player specifically in recently memory. At least not that I can think of. Boston was chanting it so loud they had to pull Verlander from relief just to shut them up.

No he shouldn't, because he's free to take his foot of the base after beating the baseman, as long as he's not tagged back. Which in every practical sense he wasn't, because we'll never be able to prove if he was, as we're not MLB umpires that pull things out our big fat bitter assholes

Looks out to me, Brazil Bro. You can see Rizzo's glove in-between Lobaton's hand and touching his stomach.

It sucks that the play killed a high leverage situation, but shitty fundamental sliding shouldn't be rewarded. You never go back to the bag feet first because this is what happens.

Why is that a negative in the first place?

>Houstonians are THE most annoying people
Have you ever been to Boston or New York, my son?

>Why is that a negative in the first place?
Why is some random fan snorting yayo a negative in the first place? Every human being on planet earth does drugs whether it's Nicotine, Caffiene, yayo, or Nyquil.

Well the webm wasn't meant to be the reason I could confirm it but you are giving me a great example of why houston is such a shitty place.

>Astros fans haven't derisively jeered any player specifically in recently memory
>Banter is bad!
You have me defending fucking Red Sox fans right now. Also, the average Houstonian only knows who Altuve and Correa are, so of course they don't jeer other team's players. They don't even know who's on the other team.
>inb4 muh strawman
I'm from Houston, and everyone here is fairweather cancer. Last week, someone I work with said he liked David Ortiz better when he played for the Yankees in 2004. I'm not making that up. Everyone here is a Cowboys fan, unless the Texans make the playoffs. And absolutely no one here cheers for the Astros, unless it looks like they're going to the playoffs.

Based Jesus didn't do drugs, but his blood is wine so thats kinda tricky

Yes. Have you ever been to Houston?

Yeah them chanting justin was funny, I kinda liked it.

Is there anyone left who doesn't think the doyers will choke again?

Why do you fags only selectively remember fanbases jeering players? You only complain when either Yankees or Red Sox fans are doing it. Are Pirates fans cancer for jeering Cueto in the WC game a few years back? Or do we completely forget about that because it wasn't one of the teams you've deemed as the bad guys under fair conditions?

They seem to love the Rockets there.

>being this mad
Shut the fuck up already, it could've gone either way

The Rockets are also perennial playoff contenders. Not many of them know any players outside of James Harden.

>This call, while wrong, had absolutely no affect on the play whatsoever
WTF? The only possible correct interpretation of the rule is that the moment Baez' bat hits Wieters *the inning is over*. No runners, no throw, no runs, no anything - it's 3rd out and inning is done.

How the fuck can continuing an inning that's supposed to be over be "absolutely no affect"?

You can see the glove in-between, but can't tell the size of the gap by that angle, or draw a conclusion of contact, especially in the 30 seconds the umps took to make the decision.

Drawing a parallel with the law, it was 100% conclusive that Lobaton secured the base before the tag, thus he further this point he is "innocent until proven guilty", Rizzo alleged he was still tagged on Lobaton when his foot left the base, and he calls for a review using the replay as the evidence, he now have the burden of proof to validates his claim. The umps should use the evidence to overturn a call that was 100% conclusive, and they can't debunk a 100% certainly call with a 99.9% probable call.

I know it sounds like overthinking the situation, but in reality it is plain simple. Don't know, don't call.

the ball was long gone by the time Baez made glancing contact.
Wieters wasn't even fazed by it and the play would've been exactly the same if Baez doesn't make contact.
Nobody even saw that he made contact until people reviewed the play anyways, and it's nonreviewable.
They'll probably changes the rules now though to clarify what should happen in his situation

That original post was the best meme of 2017 I'm not even kidding. I was there live and I was cracking up for a good half hour

>I'm from Houston
you sound like a self-loathing faggot. Go find another city to live in if you hate it so bad.