Movie has a bad plot

>movie has a bad plot
>therefore it's a bad movie

What are some other pleb criticisms

I feel like plot is important to a narrative.

Yeah that's a good example of pleb criticisms.

>boring

Obsessing over a girl after she starts to attention whore is pretty pleb.

It's important but not the only important part

"Plot doesn't matter because film is a visual medium"
"What do you mean it's also a narrative medium??? Whatever pleb, Refn rules"

obsessing over girls is pretty pleb

>Refn is bad
the most pleb criticism of all

What is your logic? Basically, if an artist puts an element into a work, they ought to do it well. To do it poorly is detrimental. Like when a song is mostly good, but the lyrics they wrote for it are shit, it would have been better just to leave them out. And if a filmmaker adds a plot to their movie, and it's fucking garbage, it's a legit critique. Like Enter the Void. The visuals were great, but the storytelling was so bad, and such a prominent part of the movie, that you had to suffer through all of that stupidity, rendering the movie so long that even the visuals became redundant. As much as I appreciate the visual aspect, the movie is absolutely terrible.

>It didn't explain (something completely irrelevant the narrative

Like yeah, I get it. TFA was a shit movie, but not because it didn't explain why C3PO had a red arm.

>It's a bad movie because none of the characters are relatable/likable

So what's this girl's name?

obsessing is pretty pleb

>nothing happened

What is essential DSL kino?

Mysterious Skin

>nose ring

She's been railed by at least 40 guys.

me

>Character makes a decision that is less than totally perfectly geared to resolving the plot immediately
>FUCKING HACK PLOT HOLE

>Color grading

Shin Godzilla

>septum piercing
Disgusting.

you either like a movie or you don't.

After that, everything is rationalization to support that emotional feeling.

Refn is worse than Inarritu, just sayin
Bronson was great tho.

if you really think that, you should not be here

Example of a bad plot please.
I literally have no idea how to categorize a plot as good or bad.

>implying plot isn't the most important aspect of any movie
True pleb detected

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

A bad plot can make an otherwise "good" movie bad; so, yes, that is true.

Well, he is bad.

If his job was just as a cinematographer that would be different, but he "writes" his movies; so, plot is relevant to judging him and the verdict is in: bad.

Valid criticism. It may not be in-depth, but it's valid, nevertheless.

Sorry.

If you're not autistic (I assume you are) you can appreciate certain aspects of a movie while disliking other aspects.

yes but that's not how it unfolds. people decide if they like something (not limited to movies) then play up reasons that support it, even if it has nothing to do with why they liked it, which is emotional.

>Implying I care
I'm not looking to marry a bitch

HWNDU

That only works if you assume everyone either likes or dislikes something, which isn't always the case.
The worst criticism I've ever heard was of Synechdoche, NY, someone was convinced it was a bad movie because it made them feel depressed. Not that they disliked how it made them felt, but that it was a legitimately poor piece of cinema because it was sad and (crucially) didn't ultimately leave them satisfied or provide them any kind of catharsis.
Arguably the purpose of a piece of art is to take an idea/emotion/whatever from the author/creators head and transplant it into the viewer, IE to make you feel something (or anything for that matter). As far as I'm concerned a movie that provokes a response from the viewer is a success and the only way a piece of art can fail is if it makes you feel nothing at all. At that point the question is was it the fault of the viewer, IE were they staring at their phone through 75% of the movie, or was the creator at fault. If it's the former you can pretty fucking categorically say they're a pleb and any criticisms they have the gall to make are going to be plebeian.

>it was so bad it was good

Her name is in the OP pic, it's on her shirt but mirrored.

>c3po lost his old arm
>replaced with a red one cause spare parts

is that so hard for people to piece together?

Again, maybe you do that, but it's pretty bold to claim that everyone does

>no big lipped ginger fucktoy

kys

Go watch security cam footage if you only like "muh shots"

*cringe*

>inaccurate to the source material

It honestly depends on the movie. Complaining that the "plot is bad" in an action movie is pretty dumb because people aren't watching it for the plot. Children's movies usually use simplistic plots to avoid confusing their target audience. Then you have movies that are less about what the plot is and more about how the plot is told: you could say the plot of 2001: A Space Odyssey was bad, but that ignores that the movie is good because of how it goes about telling the story. Then there's character-driven movies that are less about the plot and more about the characters and how they develop and how they interact. And plot hardly matters in a comedy movie, where it's more important that the movie is funny (and a lot of the best comedy movies have really stupid, bad plots).

I feel like people try to apply a cookie cutter formula to reviewing movies, but most movies can't be judged on the same criteria. Fact is, plot doesn't matter for a lot of movies.

You forgot to add long tongued to that description.