Why are REAL JAZZ FANS™ so triggered by this album?

why are REAL JAZZ FANS™ so triggered by this album?

Attached: Ryo-Fukui-Scenery-Jazz.jpg (1024x1024, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/search/text/Real jazz fans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s not jazzy enough

Good question except it's actually the other way around. I've only ever seen people give reasonable, well-written criticisms of this album and accurately rate it as mediocre or below average which then seems to trigger the album's fans an unreasonable amount.

rbt.asia/mu/search/text/Real jazz fans/

Reminder to sage

Oh look it's this thread again.

Attached: heh... that'll show those music theory nerds that theory is really stupid and not a useful tool (1348x821, 428K)

Why are you so triggered by "real jazz fans"?

It's an ok album that got vastly overrated because of "MUH mood/atmosphere" or "MUH i wanna be a Jazz pianist in 70s Japan so comfy" type of posts.

Nice piano jazz but at the end of the day, that's literally all it is. Decent.

Jazz is the genre that you listen to (now) to make you look more sophisticated, like you have better taste, despite being a complete earlet who just bought himself an Audio-Technica AT-LP60 and decided to show off your growing collection of "vinyls" with the jazz album you just so happened to be listening to clearly in frame on /r/vinyl or Sup Forums

anybody else think it's hilarious that this triggers arguments about "music theory" despite the fact that that review barely even touches on any music theory ?

>2.5
He gave the album more than it deserves and redditors are still pissed off about it.

/jazz/ the worst general on Sup Forums?

>muh shitty wank is so superior
>much shitty dead farts are better than THOSE shitty dead farts because they're more acclaimed
>disregard cover art like a fucking normie pleb and always shit on the idea of albums having good cover art
>actually dare to shit on people who value cover art
>home to some of the most cancerous memes and shitposting on Sup Forums
>avant-teens: the general

Fuck these goddamn nerds. They're worse than most Jazz "bros" because they've actually deluded themselves into thinking that their shitty music is any different from other Jazz and try to act pretentious about it.

Hell half of what they listen to is boring ass Jazz that anyone could make in 5 minutes with a dollar-store saxophone. Literally just Ryo Fukui except worse production and with shitter cover art.

But, fuck, what really grinds my gears is their absolute close-mindedness. /bleep/ threads have long since recognized Skrillex and Martin Garrix as the greatest EDM DJs of all time. /classical/ posters rank the highly acclaimed Max Richter over second-rate interpretators like Furtwangler. /metal/ posters recognize glam metal as the greatest achievement their genre has to offer. Jazz fans? If you DARE bring BBNG, Kamasi Washington, Flying Lotus or some other modern jazz artist to one of their threads, you get shit on. Because they don't follow the unwritten jazz """""""""""""standards""""""""""""" on what constitutes actual jazz music. And if you ask them to justify their opinion, they start spouting passive-aggressive buzzwords like the uneducated neckbeard virgins that they are. So sad!

JTG always rates everything too high. If you subtract one full star from all of his ratings they are actually pretty accurate though.

Exquisite b8

I thought jazz was a black person thing

DUDE ITS BAD BECAUSE ITS NOT COMPLEX LMAO

The black people who liked jazz beyond it's sampling value are a long extinct breed.

DUDE IM MAD BECUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE MY TOKEN JAZZ ALBUM

literally not what it says
why are you so mad that someone else dislikes what you like?

Uhhhh, have you like ever been to a Jazz festival?

they literally only see jazz in black and white (people)

Complexity is actually important to music whether you like it or not

And how many of those folks are aged

>$37.91
wew

Kek don't forget the $13 shipping

"Hey user you like jazz right? What do you think of my jazz vinyls?"
>Black Saint and the Sinner Lady reissue
>A Love Supreme reissue
>Time Out reissue
>Scenery reissue
>three Sun Ra reissues
>The Epic

What's your reaction?

Attached: 1506450258254.jpg (480x360, 22K)

talk about the good ones

I know too little to judge whether the songs aren't good because "they move too seldom outside the natural phrasing of the tune", whatever that means or whether "he lacks chromatic drive" but i agree that Early Summer is the only lasting track from the album.

well then why would you say that Early Summer is better than the others?

not even close to true

there are tons of genres that are based on simplicity and repetition--would you say that techno, drone, ambient etc. are "bad" just because they are very simple compared to Ornette Coleman or whoever?

yes, but that's why it's idiotic to compare completely different genres in such a way