Original "Ocean's" series

Original "Ocean's" series

> soft reboot of classic film directed by Steven Soderbergh, one of the most acclaimed directors of the 1990's independent film revolution
> series is a pastiche of classic Rat Pack-era films, packed with self-referential humor
> cast packed with A-listers, all of whom are close friends in real life, adding levity to the already playful, script

New Female "Ocean's" series

> "spin-off" of reboot, despite having no connection to the original other than the fact that heists take place
> directed by the guy who did bland commercial films like the Hunger Games and Sea Biscuit, with no unique style or charm
> likely a parody of sexism in Rat Pack movies, humor directed outward in order to make protagonists seem tougher and smarter
> cast a mix of A-listers and literally whos who despise each other in real life and don't speak to each other off-set, which means no improvisation and constant overacting in order to steal scenes

Calling it now. Why do you think the studios making these female reboots constantly misunderstand what made the source material appealing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z726OPwCnjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's the difference between a soft reboot and a remake.

>women like hot guys like Pitt and Clooney, so they go see the movie
>guys like badass dudes doing heists, so they go see the movie
>hollywood decides to replace the hot guys with an all female cast
>no one sees it

why is it so hard for (((them))) to understand?

>what's the difference between a soft reboot and a remake.

I think the big distinction is consistency of plot/characters. Although both Ocean's 11s feature a "Danny Ocean" and elaborate heists, they don't really share any similarities in characters/plot. This makes sense, because the two films are separated by like 50 years.

What you state is logic.
Something that is lacking in Hollywood.

> it's a sexism on teevee thread

Sage goes in all fields

it's hard to make the feminist narrative profitable, but they're working hard to find the balance

Is that Cate Blanchett? She done fucked up wew lad

JUST

MY VAG

youtube.com/watch?v=z726OPwCnjE

At least the racist ones will be happy that the minorities are seated at the back

>Le tricky talk shit about a movie but spam the same picture and talking points shill thread face

>hot men are a male power fantasy and eye candy for women
>hot women are sex objects and nothing else
You sound like a feminist.

what does sage mean

jewtube newfag detected

what does it mean tho

opposite of bump

what kind of faget would do that?

esp since I bumped it 3 times now just to find out what the fuck that meant

that's the meme

If you type it into options, you can post (pushing the post further to the 250 text post limit) without bumping the thread. It's used to kill off-topic or objectionable threads. Typing "Sage" into all available fields would actually cause the post to bump, so it's possible that the poster was simply bumping the thread by ironically encouraging people, who might dislike the subject matter, to do the same.

There are a lot of layers to this post, if you ask me.

Is this a parody of a parody? I'm not sure I understand.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

>studio wants to reboot a movie
>only gimmick they can come up with is 'wimminz'
>no one sees it

why do feminists want to be niggas so bad
always with the rap aesthetics with cash guns and swearings

like bitch you're the most sheltered people on earth no one thinks you're hard

By your same logic guys will see it to see attractive women and women will see it to because they relate better to women. But that is an untrue simplification which isn't logical, same as why what you said about the male reboot is an unture simplification.

You guys know that these films are basically tax fraud, right?

> studio owns contract businesses involved in production
> these businesses overbill for pretty much everything
> collect back most of the money they spend
> movie tanks because no one wants to see all-female reboots
> loses millions of $
> studio collects insurance money from Chinese or Qatarian firm that doesn't know anything about film business
> can write off "devestating losses" on tax filings
> still have all the money from the businesses you own
> cycle repeats

jews like throwing their money away and I like laughing at them
it's a win win

his logic doesn't assume that men and women are the same, in fact, he's implying that they are different therefore switching genders won't work.

A soft reboot is a remake pretending to be a sequel

can't wait to take your vote away slut

>it'll be bad because it has a female cast!

sure thing incel

Sandra's looking alright for her age tbqhwyl. Also, Cate in those leather pants

Fuck off to reddit.

Also this idea that the Soderbergh films were anything to write home about can go fuck itself.

>implying sage still works.

Retard.

Idiot

>men go to see eye candy qts
>women go to see badass females doing stuff no one else can even dream about