So why did the Galactic Empire collapse?

So why did the Galactic Empire collapse?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't even know what they were trying to do in the first place other than "be bad guys"

An elaborate infiltration by none other than Igor Bogdanoff itself.

They were trying to prevent an invasion

White males like every empire since Alexander the great to the British empire

Every empire collapses eventually, America next

Not enough super weapons

Sheev got cocky. Luke not turning to the dark side was something he didn't foresee. that was the game changing moment.

Preparing for the yuzohn vong invasion

Like all dictatorships, poor mismanagement from the top down leading to the uprising of the neglected masses.
The only truely efficient way to run a society would be through a benevolent dictatorship but humans, and apparently aliens, are too easily corrupted by power and greed.

is that still canon?

Vader didn't do enough power stances

No.

I'd argue the Death Star was the mistake. If they focused on maintaining law and order the galaxy would still be theirs. The construction of the Death Star gave the rebels a propaganda victory.

In real life it wouldn't have. They literally never explain why it did after the destruction of the death star.

god damn the empire is snazzy as fuck. dark side best side

the delegates Dahnald

IT WAS A GOOD IDEA

SHUT UP

There was no replacement for the Emperor. He never bother to build up an heir (why would he?) and with his death it was open season for anybody to claim the throne. The old EU at least somehow explained it with the Empire fracturing into several realms ruled by Warlords.

The real question is, why did they come back?

Too many white men

they're a movement in support of the Dark Side of the Force, which is fundamentally different ethically to Jedi practises. It's like a militarised religion.

>why did the Galactic Empire collapse?

It was written that way to be.

So shintoism?

no wonder those red guys never fight, they can't turn their necks to see

wait why are papa palpatine's bitches in burkas

I don't think the whole empire believes in the dark side, nor in the force even

in the EU hey explain that sheev was using the force to influence everyone's mind and when he died they gave up being imperial officers and went back to farming

>their leader literally chokes people with his mind
"nah, the force is just a prank, bro!"

Darth Vader, I'm Empire

Very relaxed banking regulation coupled with favoritism towards the big players in the market created an anti-competition environment which fostered recklessness on the part of investors knowing any risk would really be borne by the Empire itself

There were fedora tippers in the OT. Han was one. So was the choked imperial officer in the death star

how many imperial subjects are privy to that knowledge though

it's probably just the moffs and whoever's on the emperor's cabal of oldmen

Only the top brass really know Vader, and the grunt troopers just think he is a combat god.

I dunno about the propaganda victory thing, but they definitely shouldn't have put all their eggs in one basket, they could and should have built thousands of ships instead of building one giant thing

Based Motti will live on in legend.

greeks are white?

emperor died, leaving a massive power vacuum.
the imperial top brass is now not kept in check by fear for palpatine and vader and start bickering and fighting for power.
splintered and fighting among themselves, the imperial remnants are easily subdued by the newly formed republic.

not anymore

they started building idiotically expensive stuff like super star destroyers. the executor was taken down by a single a-wing fighter. that's some money well spent.

if greeks are white, turks are white.
we can't have that.

how could anyone consider arabs white?

well, scientifically there are three "races", white, black and yellow, so both arabs and hindus are considered white

Because of bad soldier training, probably corruption, where wasn't any regulation from the top (like thin armor of AT-ST, which was crushed by fucking trees), focusing on war.

Vader uses his powers in public though? And Jedi/Sith use the force liberally in the prequels.

it's kinda hard not to notice people force throwing shit around.

and the universe is filled with random super-power type abilities. How is The Force out of the ordinary?

do you fingerpaint when you aren't busy with science?

>scientifically there are three "races", white, black and yellow
haven't kek'd that hard in awhile. thanks user.

Didn't it fracture into a group of separate military juntas formed by high-ranking officials?

I dont know I just posted some silly crap that I thought fit the EU

Holy shit

because the republic is objectively shit

Jakku looks like fucking Somalia and the republic does jack shit to help

It didnt' they build an even more powerful weapon in TFA

Legendaries EU: With the death of both Vader and Palpatine (who was using a Force ability to make the Imperial war machine more efficient and capable than it would otherwise be) the Empire fractured with various high ranking officials grabbing whatever resources they could and setting up shop as warlords. Some of the more powerful ones attempted to unite/take over the weaker ones and fight the nascent Alliance/New Republic and were summarily taken out (by the more skilled in comparison Rebels who had no Force augmented skill) until the Empire condensed around Grand Admiral Thrawn and his successor Pellaeon who managed to fight the New Republic to a relative draw and establish the Imperial Remnant.

New EU: The Empire kept fighting and just were sucking big time and eventually lost when they committed whatever resources they had left at the battle of Jakku and were beaten by the Alliance. As far as I know they really haven't explained it to well as to how the Empire lost so many men and materiel and the Rebels gained the same in such a short period of time to take down the Empire.

the same reason neither Republicans nor Democrats can hold onto power for more than two terms

George Lucas forbids it

Who is that? Will somebody give me a quick rundown?

>Luke?

>scientifically
damn dude, you seem to be a couple of centuries behind on your science there.

>you now realize that the red guard weren't actually guards at all, but rather the emperor's personal harem of concubines

The Emperor didn't drain the swamp.

For us, good he did not.

4u

Disney had to make up for the shitty prequels. Snoke better have a reason ruling the First Order. I get that he wants to kill Luke for some reason but he doesn't need a military for that.

Looks like the Empires Xmas card.

Does Sheev give a yearly address like the Queen?

>well, scientifically there are three "races", white, black and yellow,

Yes, and he sent Order 66 cookies to all the good little boys and girls

homosexual leaders

Multiple generals would have vied for power, splitting it into sections; the rebellion would take them out one by one, especially with Luke waltzing in and taking out the generals.

This board would be better if mentally challenged people weren't allowed en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

actually hindus are "uncertain", pretty much a mix of everything

in a few more centuries everyone on earth will look hindu looking at how things are going...

>implying everyone wont look chinese.