Wtf are you supposed to do while the next band is preparing to play (usually around 30 min) and you went alone to the...

Wtf are you supposed to do while the next band is preparing to play (usually around 30 min) and you went alone to the show?

Attached: 1520534150990.jpg (640x396, 59K)

Find a friend. Talk to a girl who also went alone. Write lyrics in the bathroom. Play with your phone. Go to the bar and buy some food. Meet one of the band members by sneaking backstage.

get a beer, take a piss, go smoke
just hang out and wait.
talk to someone if you feel like making friends

Talk to the people around you. You're all there for a common interest. Stop being autistic.

find a girl with a band shirt on and then ask her "oh you think you're a fan of (instert band name)? bet you can't even name your top 10 songs by them" . dont even give her time to answer just laugh and walk away

>write lyrics in the bathroom
Are you fucking kidding me

Attached: 92B6C675-16EA-4378-B2CA-F746CDCF1812.jpg (598x480, 60K)

yup, this is how i have maked all my girlfriends

Go for a smoke, piss, drink. Talk amongst the group you’re with or the people at the show if you’re by yourself. If the bands before the headliner are any good go talk to them at the merch table if they’re hanging around it. This is all provided that you’re autism free of course.

Get a drink and start up a conversation with someone else who's alone at the bar.

Look up the music that the band is going to play in the hand out book that they give you at the entrance

Taking a notepad and doing some writing or drawing between shows is recommended but
>in the bathroom
why the bathroom man?

Whatever you want bro, just have a good time

>all these "talk to people" recommendations
you know, guys, people who ask questions like op aren't very good at talking to absolute strangers.

Throw down for a blunt circle in the back of the bar.

Toss that blunt in rotation while you guys have a dab rig going around.

Smoke some ganj while waiting, become wicked high before the show

It’s like OP exists in a world without alcohol. Hell of a social lubricant.

Damn, someone on Sup Forums who's actually been to a show. nice

I actually meant write lyrics on the walls of the bathrooms. Just really weird ones to see how people will react to it.

Kek, funny thing, I've only went to 5 shows in my life and have never done any of these. These were just ideas I made up in my head.

very awkward

Then there's no better time than the present to get some practice in.

Depends what type of music the band's play. If it's upbeat act goofy and try dancing next to a person that doesn't seem to be having a good time. Sad or reflective then talk to no one and smoke a cigarette while staring at nothing.

Wait people go to shows by themselves? I've never been cause all my friends have different tastes in music

Here's another question:
What are you supposed to do when you're in a band and you're in between songs and your bandmate is tuning or some shit?

I was just talking to a friend about something similar to this. I fucking love going to shows or otherwise, and more generally, traveling alone. When I'm with friends I focus on them, and there's nothing really wrong with that per-se. However, if I'm by myself I become far more social in terms of interacting with strangers. Last year I went on a road trip to a few cities and even though I did it alone, I met so many people.

I find it odd that people find it weird to do things like this alone. My roommate used to give me shit for going to the movies alone (particularly to see shit he or my other friends would never want to see), even though it's by no means a social event, and now he does it all the time.

Doesnt matter if youre alone in a crowd.
Only times I really melt down is an unfamiliar house show. Went to this one around Temple absolutely crossfaded, which would have been fine in a crowd where I wasn't a focal point, but there were literally like three people there and they all knew each other. Was locking up my bike out front, trying to back out, but they insisted I take it inside the house and it was suicide-inducing.
It's never gonna be half as bad for you

Randomly play your instrument like you're warming up for the next song

ur mum

Talk to the crowd

GOD fucking normies the thread. fuck off retards

Fuck off back to /r9k/ and kill yourself

Girls don't go alone to shows, they go with their bfs, other girls or with a patrician Chad.

You mean nobody approaches you?

I go alone more often than not

I look mean or serious naturally plus im /fit/ so no. It doesnt help that i have social anxiety but hey i took about 7 shots of bourbon so i should be good when it kicks it right?

Attached: oldcrowbourbon175__13810__16861.1358534160.380.500.jpg (380x380, 20K)

This

That image is profound. Why is no one talking about how profound that image is.

>patrician Chads
These don't exist.

girls don't post here

Tfw live in greater LA area and there is a show every night and I know people at all of them but I’m still just as depressed as all you shits

Attached: B13CD739-32A1-4818-B636-D71CA543E89E.jpg (750x750, 90K)

hot hunky art school guys aware of all the lingo and language who look hot af. are sweet smart, and intelligent and know a LOT about art music and philosophy

i'm gay, if you wanna consider me in your boat or not.

You're not describing a Chad. Chads are by definition primarily social animals who don't care much about any of that. Most of them have entry-level or at the most p4k/fantano-core taste in music

Op would have to be old enough to drink

But what if tuning is part of the act

of course the tripfag gets asked to show his ID when buying alcohol lol

>All people fit into one-dimensional archetypes
Wanna guess how I know you don't go out much?

The term "Chad" is literally describing that, a specific one-dimensional type of human being.

I'm nearly 26 and it's very touch and go in liquor stores and bars wirh my legitimate ID

Why are you autistics planning how you'll act before you even go? What is this next level spectrum bullshit? Can't you just fucking live in the moment?

i agree

I used to get the next piece out and look at it and finger play it to get mentally ready while the percussionists were setting up to do the next piece. I never actually played because that just isn't professional. it ruins the performance

alcohol just makes me socially awkward but with bad coordination

>I'm not here
>this isn't happening

lean against a wall with your arms crossed

Living in the moment is terrible. I get all self-conscious and spend all my time trying not to fuck anything up/reversing any fuck-ups I created.

>Why are you autistics planning how you'll act before you even go?
i can’t live in the moment

>Can't you just fucking live in the moment?
no

nobody cares if you fuck shit up, that's actually the way to become popular is to fuck shit up

i’ve fucking everything up as long as i can remember, why am i not famous then

>become high
Keksters

you gotta own it thats why

well i certainly don’t start crying and fall to the ground

why would you do that

sit in the corner on your phone

it was a joke user

i was implying that i make light of it

Seems like you haven't been to many shows then. Trying to talk to people is normal and so is checking your phone but going to the bar and buying food? Nigga you better hope that shit digests quickly if you wanna do much moving.

me on right

Temple, like outside of Austin TX?

speak for yourself I just take a piss, grab a beer, and sit in a corner

shitpost on your phone while standing against a wall.

Shoot up in the bathroom

There's a sweet spot that I have to hit.

Honestly I'll browse mu to see what's up for a lil after a band plays or something

Count in for the next song loudly.
1-2-3-4

Just chill out, look at your phone, if you're up for it grab a drink and try talking to people around you. Basically what everyone else is saying in the thread.

Went to a show last night, was kind of drunk and ended up hanging out in a VIP area without having bought a special ticket (Had never been to this venue before). Made decent enough small talk with the people around me that it must have looked like I belonged there because no one from the staff ever checked me for a ticket or asked me to leave.

Just b urself :^)

I like to make sure I get a spot way upfront. Then make sure you're the highest energy person there (easy if you're at some sort of indie show where everyone is doing the too cool indie head bob) so the band notices you. Then go to the merch table and say hey what's up and buy some merch and shoot the shit until the rest of the band shows up and you all smoke weed together.