What does Sup Forums think of Hendrix?

What does Sup Forums think of Hendrix?

apart from all the posthumous stuff I think he's got a solid catalogue

Attached: rs-197621-84894709.jpg (700x394, 51K)

Apart from that collection of stuff he was working on for a 4th studio album, is there any posthumous Hendrix worth getting?

a hack praised for affirmative action

I listen to Rainbow Bridge because I enjoy Pali Gap

He's definitely good and seminal, but the whole classic rock lexicon is pretty out of vogue right now so you're going to get a lot of responses like this

A legend

The man knew his way around a fretboard, that's for sure.

>Hack
>Affirmative Action
And how many albums have you put out?
How many festivals did you play?
I thought as much

One of the most skilled guitarists ever. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the newest album compilation?

Attached: Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky.jpg (750x750, 78K)

i mean have you heard him play the national anthem. he's a god

i like hendrix but
>you can't criticise people unless you're better than them

fuck off

Theres honestly a lot of gems in his posthumous stuff, is clear he was going in a jazzier direction and its net to her it in songs like pali gap. Other than that, he s the greatest rock guitarist and one of the most important musicians of the twentieth century.

imagine being this much of a brainlet

His playing was godtier and his guitar tone was t h i c c asf
Only autistic metalheads hate him

I would refrain from using the word "skilled" b/c it's kind of derogatory and meant for people like Vai and Satriani. The words you are seeking are "true genius" because he influenced everybody who came after, everybody. No other guitarist has done that and that's why he's known as a greatest, how do people not accept this?

How is "skilled" derogatory? I agree with Hendrix being a "true genius" and influencing everyone after him though

Attached: 1521486785854.jpg (307x338, 17K)

Clapton came before Hendrix and was exponentially better and more influential.

Literally every live record from after his death is worth a listen. I don't really know much about posthumous album stuff, I was never a huge fan of Hendrix studio cuts anyways

The version of Hear My Train on this newest album is fucking great, same with the whole first half actually. Back half of the album I could take or leave

there were better guitarists like beck, blackmore, page and iommi

Imagine actually believing this. Clapton wasn't even the 2nd best Yardbirds guitarist

>Clapton
>better than Hendrix

most overrated musician of all time desu

Attached: 1521589999232s.jpg (250x214, 5K)

nah, even clapton was blown away by his playing. hendrix connected with music through feelings, pure talent, while eric is imo too mechanical and bland.

Eric "I used to be into dope, now I’m into racism. It’s much heavier, man. " Clapton more influential than Hendrix ? Kek. Only if you count the rock against racism concerts.

An even better point to make would be that putting out albums and playing festivals doesn't automatically make someone good. Tons of terrible musicians manage to do this. Although I do love Jimi

>Fuckin tittybois questioning the GOAT

Commit suicide

Vai and Satriani are absolute garbage and their music is only fitting to be played on insurance adverts.
If you're excluding any posthumous album that has tracks planned for his 4th studio album then there's not much left. Nine to the Universe is pretty cool, a very different kind of feel and tone to the usual Hendrix. A lot more sloppy and the production is rather poor.
South Saturn Delta has a lot of neat outtakes and the single The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice that was never released on an album in Hendrix's lifetime.
A lot of really good live albums. The Winterland Box Set is one of the best live albums I've ever heard and completely opens up a whole new world of appreciating live Hendrix.

Clapton had pretty tasteful and well phrased playing in Cream and Derek's Dominos. His main problem is that his guitar often lacked both the power and emotion that Hendrix was able to possess and never had the sheer wonder nor fire when Hendrix would play a riff like a charging rhino. Not to mention live (for Cream at least) he was absolutely terrible.

i find his music gaudy and disgusting

i play guitar and find his music gross. he influenced me not to make shit tier blues music

user anyone can pick up a guitar and play indie music you're not special

jimi was especially shit

What makes you say that?

his music sound like ass. he took all of the enjoyable parts of blues music tore them up and turned it into shit tier gaudy rock. his music is 1 tier above stadium rock like acdc in terms of artistic merit

machine gun was his best imo

this

any rock music that is led monophonically is bound to be shit tier

jimi hendrix music appeals only to shredists because hes atleast mild enough to be semi consumable to a norman but he still cool enough to get to le shred sick solo parts. its literally a subhuman tier logic and only metal hesd fsggots who play solis all day like jimi hendrix and his gay ass music in the year 2018.

>mild enough to be semi consumable
at least take your own advice and make your bait mild enough to be semi-believable

>having opinions about music on a music board is b8