Wolfgang Palm edition

Xavier Foster
Xavier Foster

Wolfgang Palm edition
Previous /prod/ thread supforums.com/thread/78895892/music
GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback. Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

ATTENTION!
DON'T post Soundcloud, YouTube, or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That's considered self promotion and will result in bad feedback.

RESOURCES:

Sound Design:
SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

Rocket Powered Sound (Constant quality uploads of various EDM sounds in Serum with explanations that help make something unique)
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg

Syntorial (widely considered the best place to go to learn synthesis)
syntorial.com/

Mr. Bill (Ableton based Sound Design)
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes

Sadowick (explains old school electronic music in very elaborate ways in Ableton)
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction

ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

MIXING:
David Gibson - The Art of Mixing
[YouTube] The Art Of Mixing (A Arte da Mixagem) - David Gibson (embed) [Open]

Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

Samori Coles (Compression, EQ, etc)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

FL STUDIO:

WarBeats (Getting comfortable in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

Image Line Tutorials
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

WRITING:

12tone
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists

Micheal New
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists

Attached: Wolfgang-Palm.jpg (327 KB, 1000x667)

All urls found in this thread:

supforums.com/thread/78895892/music
clyp.it/
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg
syntorial.com/
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists
clyp.it/mi0j35ml
audiotool.com/track/6ulzxn2q/
splice.com/
clyp.it/vk1wsouw
clyp.it/oo4ztzpd
youtube.com/watch?v=83fpEaEET7k
clyp.it/udg0cs3c
patches.zone/compression-guide
clyp.it/axqqr5ro
clyp.it/kouu4cpd
clyp.it/2b0eccd0
clyp.it/nezxk1gx
clyp.it/za0boro1
clyp.it/ia4yxiim
instaud.io/1XPj
clyp.it/rrdyxhnq
deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/113404/jgetman_1.pdf
clyp.it/j2kd2jpi
youtube.com/watch?v=WK_q1MT0sqQ
soundcloud.com/cole-nelson-470930610/thurs-just-to-smash-demo
youtube.com/watch?v=IsSOdZyIaqI
youtu.be/dZNpt0Dn6FA
noaudiophile.com/Mackie_CR3/
clyp.it/h4gzro3x
mediafire.com/file/aqvu19w2kcr5upn/stems.rar
clyp.it/hmgue3va
clyp.it/1pcd443q

Levi Garcia
Levi Garcia

hello there, this thread seems quite lonely

Cooper Baker
Cooper Baker

For now. It just got created.

Ryan Hernandez
Ryan Hernandez

Who is >Bitwig here?
Is there an analog for Ableton slice by beats function in Bitwig's sampler?

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

clyp.it/mi0j35ml

how do i make the low vocal at the end cut through better

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

eq and turn the volume up wtf

Cooper Bennett
Cooper Bennett

thx

Aaron Robinson
Aaron Robinson

should i feel shame of singing these lyrics on the internet?

a question has my mind sold
how can we live, if we fear getting old?
How can we live if mistakes are not made?
When in essence, those mistakes eventually fade?
Yet the lessons to you they lend
until the very end

Jayden Sullivan
Jayden Sullivan

jfc just do it you already asked fag
have some confidence

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

cant

Gavin Miller
Gavin Miller

if you're not making at least 7 beats a week you fucking suck and you should find a new hobby. you're obviously not passionate about producing if you can't make a beat a day. you're probably in it because you fantasize about making money with it.

Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rodriguez

beats are for fags

Robert Thomas
Robert Thomas

i know you're probably the same guy who posts all that other dumb shit trying to provoke people but i unironically agree with this

your posting it with the intention of making others mad indicates that you think this is an unrealistic standard- that really says a lot about how mediocre you actually are and i'd even venture to assume you substitute the possibility of ever accomplishing anything music wise by trolling /prod/. you're pathetic

Jose Anderson
Jose Anderson

holy shit this is too accurate. please get out of my head, im just fucking around

Nathan Murphy
Nathan Murphy

desu the shitposts are only mildly annoying at worst

2 or 3 songs a day AT LEAST user get to work

Ryan Bennett
Ryan Bennett

Should I use LMMS or should I just crack FL Studio/Ableton and run it through Wine? I don't care about which is easier for a beginner or is free I just want to make good music.

Thomas Scott
Thomas Scott

i torrented FL 12 and i would recommend

Logan Ward
Logan Ward

Any particular reasons why it's superior to LMMS?

Nolan Adams
Nolan Adams

bitwig supports Ubuntu but I never really used it so I cant tell you if its good or not

Austin Campbell
Austin Campbell

not an album a day

Attached: VIPER.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)

Jackson Sanchez
Jackson Sanchez

does anyone here use Audiotool? I got into /prod/ by playing with it at work and I'm at a point where i want to move on. Anyone experienced with this know what a good choice would be? Am I shit?
heres some sounds i made
audiotool.com/track/6ulzxn2q/

Isaac Parker
Isaac Parker

I can't afford anything other than $10 earbuds to listen to what I produce.
Is it possible to learn mixing/mastering and become decent enough so that when I get to work with proper equipment I can get good results?

Josiah White
Josiah White

can't even sugar coat it- no you can't, it's like trying to paint in the dark

Jason Young
Jason Young

any resources on programming drum beats?

Tyler Cook
Tyler Cook

lol.

Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes

So what's the best I can do in my situation?

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

save up for good gear
but in the meantime just do the best with what you've got

Samuel Gonzalez
Samuel Gonzalez

I can't save up because I have no source of income and I'm unemployable.

I'm currently focusing on composition and sound design. Is this the only thing I can do?
Is there really no way to improve my mixing skills?

Joshua Roberts
Joshua Roberts

There are other ways of getting income man but that's for you to figure out

No there's nothing you can do

Andrew Moore
Andrew Moore

well dude you need the right tools to do that kind of work. its like trying to make a film with a really fucked up camera and cracked lenses etc

Blake Ross
Blake Ross

But I'm not trying to make a well produced song right now.
I'm just trying to build my skills.

Ayden Price
Ayden Price

Great keep working at it
Can't work on your mixing skills

Nathaniel Anderson
Nathaniel Anderson

Not even a little bit?

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

What does /prod/ think about Splice? Does anyone here use it?
splice.com/

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

Hey I'm sort of new to this, and I have a question. Do you guys usually focus on sequencing/recording first, and then making all the sounds/samples sounds like you want them too, or do you start with getting the sounds right and then sequencing? Is there a "proper" way to go about it?

Jordan Turner
Jordan Turner

No

Sounds first

Or I'll play piano and guitar to have an idea first.

No there's no proper way, unless you make experimental music in which case the answer is always sound design>>>>

I will indulge this shill core post

I love the idea personally. I don't use it personally because my sample library is already pretty decent but if I were just starting out I would pay for a couple months. Paid samples are completely worth it but buying whole packs is a gamble- splice is ahead of the curve but there will likely be more competition in he future

Austin Nelson
Austin Nelson

been assembling a solo studio in my room for like 6 years
have loads of money saved up and a healthy supply of gear
planning on converting basement into a legit studio and trying to make rent recording local acts this summer

I-I can do this, right guys? Anyone tried?

Charles Turner
Charles Turner

people have done it lol

gl mang

Jason Mitchell
Jason Mitchell

No

Attached: 1324766682411.png (218 KB, 969x1090)

Xavier Stewart
Xavier Stewart

God damn it's been a slow thread

Henry Miller
Henry Miller

Yeah, for sure.

Brayden Lee
Brayden Lee

anyone got any tips for having a guitar double as a bass? octave/pitch shifters always sound goofy to me (granted i am using amplitube so it could just not translate well in the vst)

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

Try out another pitch shifter with a different algorithm

Set guitar tone specifically for the bass

Bass cabs/tone shapers made for bass like sansamp emulations etc

Also go buy a bass man lol

Ryan Cook
Ryan Cook

Okay goodnight /prod/ I hope more people show up tomorrow don't die :p

Angel Miller
Angel Miller

Yes, layer it with midi, giving those layers differents setups in panning, eq, and compression.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez

clyp.it/vk1wsouw
Trip-hop-esque track I was working on.

Blake Cox
Blake Cox

Is there a good discord?

Robert Torres
Robert Torres

Thoughts on vcv rack?
Using it right now to get a little bit into the modular synth thing.

Jace Fisher
Jace Fisher

What are some good sites get get free wav files for random FX? (without having to make an account and all that shit)

Asher Morales
Asher Morales

GEAR QUESTION:

What are some good MIDI controllers for beginner to intermediate musicians?

I'm thinking for pads a Novation Launchpad or Push 2. Or is there something better?

Is there a small MIDI mixer and a 49 or 61 MIDI keyboard combo that complements the pads?

I'm asking because I'm not sure I want to invest in a one in all like the Akai MPK249s or Novation Launch Key, Arturia 61, Alesis VI61, etc. Unless they are good starter kits.

Any tips or websites to point me in the right direction would be nice.

Evan Morgan
Evan Morgan

Is there a small MIDI mixer and a 49 or 61 MIDI keyboard combo that complements the pads?
M Audio Keyrig 49
Korg Nanokontrol2

Justin King
Justin King

i do tho but i scrap them because they're shit

Xavier Bailey
Xavier Bailey

It’s painful and slow to use in comparison to a real modular, but can get the job done and teach you the basics of cv

Dominic Miller
Dominic Miller

anyone ITT have experience with subpac? some folks i know rave about them but i'm generally skeptical of how useful it could be for mixing. on the other hand, i know i wont be in an apartment that will allow convenient sub use/placement for years, and i know my low end needs some mild tightening, especially between subbass and kick
thoughts appreciated

Attached: subpac-m2-5.jpg (106 KB, 800x518)

Wyatt Lewis
Wyatt Lewis

i pretty much hate it. i find it ugly and clunky and wildly inefficient. the patching is easy though, but there's still some cable salad. I use Reaktor blocks and am unlikely to ever fuck with real modular because Blocks are incredibly flexible and sound amazing.

Ayden Fisher
Ayden Fisher

clyp.it/oo4ztzpd

Anyone wanna give me feedback on what I did today?

Jaxson Davis
Jaxson Davis

beats
lol

Joshua James
Joshua James

holy shit that mixing video is amazing

Carson Hernandez
Carson Hernandez

I can never balance my pads properly

like no matter how much I eq, compress, stereoize, apply reberb and delay, I can never achieve a static fader level

what am I missing here?

Attached: 1405128281386.gif (1.59 MB, 256x192)

Nathan Young
Nathan Young

why would you want a "static" fader level? do you mean that you are having to automate the volume of the channel?

weird

try sidechain compression to cut out some of the density of the pad. try /fewer/ effects like reverb and delay

consider reducing the stereo field or making it really wide, rather than "stereoizing" (which i put in quotes because im not sure what method you are using, but it's possible that you're essentially doubling the signal and eating tons of room in the mix.

you might just be trying to do to much to your pads and should focus on the mix over all - ie, noting what sits in which frequency band, where things sit in the stereo field, and level etc. the pads are probably not the problem

also, consider drastically changing the patch you are using.

also, consider scrapping it all together.

Jonathan Thompson
Jonathan Thompson

why would you want a "static" fader level? do you mean that you are having to automate the volume of the channel?
static or as close as I can get to static, because every pad I listen to in a song sounds stable whereas mine are warbly as fuck no matter how much low end I scoop out
this doesn't including automation of course, I just mean the core sound itself is bouncing up and down, left and right, even in mono
I'm not using a pad as a main instrument here, so it's not got any evolving properties or filter modulation anyway
I just want it to glue to mix together, which is why I want it static, but I just can't get there

try sidechain compression to cut out some of the density of the pad. try /fewer/ effects like reverb and delay
I already sidechain everything else to the pad so it doesn't get in the way, I can still hear problems with it, I've tried A/Bing whatever effects are applied

consider reducing the stereo field or making it really wide, rather than "stereoizing" (which i put in quotes because im not sure what method you are using, but it's possible that you're essentially doubling the signal and eating tons of room in the mix.
that's what I mean when I say stereoizing, perhaps I should've said de-stereoize or monoize, if that's even a word

that pad is definitely the problem, I can never get any pad I make right
it keeps poking in and out of the mix and any way I spin the compression settings and carve out the low end it still refuses to stay at one volume for more than two seconds

Carter Harris
Carter Harris

I can never achieve a static fader level

don't mix with your eyes

Sebastian Harris
Sebastian Harris

dude fuck all the effects and processing talk, what are you using to make the pads? it shouldn't be that hard to just "glue the mix together" (pad it out) with a pad sound

Kevin Butler
Kevin Butler

youtube.com/watch?v=83fpEaEET7k

Trying to learn music theory and I have a question about this song

From my basic knowledge the song from the verse goes VI - i - VII - VI - i - VII - vi

Then the chorus switches to a major (?) key which is something like I - IV - III - VI

I don't know what happens in the chorus theorywise, all I know is the verse is in Cm then the chorus is all major chords but I can't if figure out what's going on, can someone explain?

I've only learned about secondary dominants and the circle of fifths from mr silver coke werewolf i dont know what this falls under

Angel Hall
Angel Hall

the core sound itself is bouncing up and down

I already sidechain everything else to the pad

Um...your pad goes up and down in level, and you're trying to fix that by using a technique that will cause your pad to go up and down in level?

Kayden Phillips
Kayden Phillips

VI - i - VII - VI - i - VII - VI*

oops

Jonathan Powell
Jonathan Powell

well what major key did it switch to? that may or may not be relevant or worth discussing

using all major chords like that is just modal interchange, otherwise known as "fuck your chords i'm just going to play whatever chord i want so long as the root is on the scale"

other than that there isn't much to explain

also wire is a cool band. that major chord thing is pretty common for punk bands like that.

Sebastian Bailey
Sebastian Bailey

share a clip of your shit so that i can give you a better assessment honestly.

if you're actually reducing to full mono, you might get weird phase issues that result in uneven volume if the original sound is very wide with modulation (including spacial fx)
and pads aren't really what you should normally be narrowing but depends onthe rest

srs, share a clip

Juan Cooper
Juan Cooper

I think it's C# minor in the verse e major in the chorus, chorus goes E - A - G - B but the third chord of the key which would diatonically be a g#min is a g major which is the thing i don't get

I know that it works I just don't get why it works

Henry Russell
Henry Russell

Good work with the subtle harmony with the pads, maybe put layers witch octaved to give a more deep reach.
I think your drums needs dinamics. Maybe some kind user can tell you how to do ir with a compression job
i like your rythm composition with that bass at mid song.
Try putting melody, maybe winds or strings with little attack.

I need help to fix this bass. And dont be rude with my shitty metal.

clyp.it/udg0cs3c

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

We'll all that's worth pointing out os that e maj is c minors relative major.

The III doesn't have some magic explanation, it's just a borrowed chord that sounds cool.

Jackson Richardson
Jackson Richardson

I'm not too familiar with borrowed chords but the wiki page says it's borrowing from the relative minor/major

If the song is in C# minor or E major is the G major borrowed if its not diatonic to either?

Charles Flores
Charles Flores

Looking it as c# minor yes

Honestly when I see that shape of chords I don't even think of it as a transition to a major key because of the relation of the first and third chords- If somebody was playing a guitar solo there they'd be playing e minor pentatonic lol. I mean the use of an e major there specifically makes sense there because it's relative, but that doesn't have to necessarily define the key.

I have no idea what you call it but you can throw major chords all over the place like that, if you listen to a lot of punk or more interestingly, David Bowie, that music is just riddled with that idea. The most common thing to do is to take a minor scale shape and just play major chords along it and say every one that should be minor is a substitution, which is why I say I don't think of it as e major in this song even though that's what the chords would tell you.

Brayden Perry
Brayden Perry

is g major borrowed

Sorry I fucked that up I was thinking of c major

No i don't think the name for that is borrowed actually because like you said there's no g in either key- or at least I should clarify: I would think of it as c# minor and e minor. The transition using an e major sounds smooth because it sounds like we'll go into the relative major key, but really it's just doing the major minor thing I already described- so the g really isn't out of place or borrowed at all when you look at it as belonging in e minor

James Ward
James Ward

*doses you with acid*

Attached: 1.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

I switched to bitwig and the envelop system drives me crazy. the envelop always change without me interfering with them. I feel so stupid

Samuel Ramirez
Samuel Ramirez

I've been making music like every fucking day for months non stop
should I take a break or someshit
I can't feel I can put down something decent anymore

William Foster
William Foster

is a vocal range from C1 to A4 impressive?

Zachary Bennett
Zachary Bennett

no dude that's what you're supposed to be fucking doing

take a break if you think you need to for some reason obviously.... not just because you feel like you're *supposed* to take a break though

Michael Young
Michael Young

it depends on how you feel when you're sitting down to work on music and how you feel about the process and outcome. are you finding that it feels like a chore or that the outcomes aren't good? are your intentions not lining up with the results? it's usually worthwhile to take breaks, not even necessarily longs ones, but it's valuable to get out of the habits for a little bit and return with a slightly more open-minded approach. i would suggest taking a day or two off and just getting fuckin ripped and the nsettling back into the routine.
that said, it's a good sign when you're spitting out so much material - it means some of your skills are at a point where they don't demand too much brainpower and you can operate on instinct and habit -ie, real skill

Nathaniel Russell
Nathaniel Russell

yes when I sit in front of the DAW it's like my brain goes on his own and then like I wake up and think wtf I've done this beat a hundred times now
maybe I should just take a break and learn new techniques

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

Are you working on different projects?
I usually need one day of not hearing something, then I come back and realize a bunch of it sounds awful and I can be super productive.

Jackson Robinson
Jackson Robinson

I make at least 1 beat a day then finish everything off in the weekend
I do hip hop so I need a pretty high output

Chase Clark
Chase Clark

Ah I know shit about hip hop so can't help much there.
What's a "beat" anyway? Is it just drums, or drums+intruments/samples for like 4 bars?

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

KYS

Charles Carter
Charles Carter

a beat is an instrumental finished or almost finished

Wyatt Sanchez
Wyatt Sanchez

wow helpful. anyone else have any thoughts?
ftr, some of the folks who swear by them in my extended circle are producing for massive systems and their tracks are seeing regular play at festivals. not my scene, but they know what they're doing, hence this being a serious quesiton.

Sebastian Bennett
Sebastian Bennett

Can someone explain the purpose of using compression?

David Williams
David Williams

holy shit dude
sorry to not actually provide a useful answer but holy fuck

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

Initial use was purely to restrict instrument levels, to tame peaks, producers soon noticed however that when they tamed peaks they could turn up the overall instrument/voice level, so perceived loudness increased.

More recently compression is used as an effect in its own right, rhythmic gain reduction or "pumping" became a thing. In addition, many vintage compressors added their own character to a sound when saturated, so there's a tonal thing happening with the classic units.

Aaron Gray
Aaron Gray

haha what a faggot

Carter Price
Carter Price

Fuck off
What about attack & release, compression ratios, and all that good shit?

Gabriel Barnes
Gabriel Barnes

patches.zone/compression-guide

Jacob Myers
Jacob Myers

Thanks user

Hudson Rivera
Hudson Rivera

dude it's such a general question about such a fundamental utility that you should have expected a lashing. i get wanting some advice about something confusing but when your question is that fucking inane you're better off with googling it a hell of a lot more than asking for user's opinions that are probably not that professional and colored by personal habits and experiences. tl;dr: no u lol

attack and release are how long it takes for the gain reduction to reach its maximum amount and then return to a zero state when the input signal crosses the set threshold. the ration is how how aggressively the gain is reduced, ie how much is reduced relative to the amount over the threshold.
ie a 4:1 ratio means if the input goes 4 dB over the threshold, the signal will be reduced to 1

now fuck off and play with the devices more until you get it on your own. ultimately no amount of technical explanation will make up for lack of experience.

Henry Hill
Henry Hill

I'm still getting the hang of it, it seems like it could potentially be pretty powerful if people start making mods for it. once I start making enough to get physical equipment I'll probably drop it tho

Christopher Watson
Christopher Watson

don't go modular lol

Jacob Kelly
Jacob Kelly

I already do glitch w/ fl studio but I want modulars because I enjoy working with hands
it's just a hobby br0o0o0o

Jack Fisher
Jack Fisher

Seems like a big money investment for just "working with hands"
It seems to me that modular invites that thought "I just need that one mod more to make the sound I really want"

Noah Myers
Noah Myers

Yeah, I probably should've ask a more specific question.

Bentley Cook
Bentley Cook

is B1 to A4 an impressive vocal range?

Thomas Jackson
Thomas Jackson

ya thas good

Lincoln Myers
Lincoln Myers

oh yeah

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

does this song need to have anything changed? some instrument part, some level, some master eq... any criticism is welcome.
clyp.it/axqqr5ro

Attached: Screenshot-1.jpg (20 KB, 473x130)

Owen Gonzalez
Owen Gonzalez

pic is master eq btw

Dominic Thomas
Dominic Thomas

I grew up pretty frugal (aka poor) so my mindset going into modulars is to get as much as possible out of a mod before I buy a new one
music is pretty much the only hobby I have so it's really not that much of a money sink

Levi Ross
Levi Ross

bamp

Andrew Rodriguez
Andrew Rodriguez

working on my 5th beat today, how many have you made today?

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

any criticism is welcome.
reaper master eq as if that tells us anything

i already knew exactly what this was before i clicked it

just stop trying to put everything in the front there is so much shit clashing

Kevin Cruz
Kevin Cruz

just finished the third but the day is not over yet

i spent a good bit of time going through songs from the past couple of days and seeing what was worth keeping so it'll still have been a productive day if i were to quit right now :p

Jonathan Anderson
Jonathan Anderson

kek
reaper master eq as if that tells us anything
you can look at it while listening so you can comment on the master eq
just stop trying to put everything in the front there is so much shit clashing
how exactly to fix that? what is clashing? and here i was thinking i learned to hear clashing frequencies and make frequency room for instruments...

Bentley Anderson
Bentley Anderson

I like this. The vocals need to be probably like 4db louder.

Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith

Not even one feedback?
Please, im working a lot in this song. I will apreciate any opinion

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

"Front" and back/depth are determined by high frequencies, relative volume and how you play with the reverb (diffusion and pre delay)

Turn your shit down. The guitars especially always sound bad man

Sorry I missed ya man
I'll take a listen on my monitors in a bit

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

thanks, will play with that. what is wrong with the guitars

thanks. theyre supposed to be a bit hidden

Matthew Smith
Matthew Smith

clyp.it/axqqr5ro
jeez this is kind of a fucking mess. vox need to go up. acoustic guitar needs to be tamed, too many wacky sharp peaky bits, both frequency and transient -wise. the drumkit is generally a little too lost in the mix. idk there's too much going on and it seems like there's too much competition in the lower end.

Jackson Cooper
Jackson Cooper

every one of his songs sounds like this

welcome to /prod/ i see you're new

Christopher Ramirez
Christopher Ramirez

mfw all of us are making 5+ beats a day
meanwhile this faggot has been working on his bad, autistic 30 second clip for weeks

Michael Nelson
Michael Nelson

sabbath?

the bass does sound a little weird (why did you add width to it lol) but it's acceptable.

the drums and guitar are what need the most work imo. i'm assuming you recorded these drums? sounds like you got some bad buildup in the low mids. guitar wise i'd go with a.... stronger tone. wah is cool. i can get behind the buried far away vocals for this style but i'd still bring them up a little bit. guitar solo sounds a little too far away as well- you need soooome things to sound closer lol

as much shit as we give him i'm just glad he finally stopped working on that one fucking song for like a year lmao

next milestone will be at least trying to write his own shit

Nicholas Hernandez
Nicholas Hernandez

is this any better?
clyp.it/kouu4cpd

i think you'll be happier about those aspects you mentioned with this clyp

not true

i-is that true?

this one IS my own

Matthew Gutierrez
Matthew Gutierrez

this one IS my own

proud of you sammy :'^)

Eli White
Eli White

i-is that true?

yes he's not even exaggerating, git good

Michael Phillips
Michael Phillips

ok

thats actually motivating

Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper

Logic Pro any good?

Sebastian Rogers
Sebastian Rogers

nah no way i've never heard anybody make a good song on there

Aaron Campbell
Aaron Campbell

I mostly just enjoy recording covers

Ethan Powell
Ethan Powell

well to start with i'm fucking with you

yeah just go for it. i wish i had alchemy :^(

Levi Clark
Levi Clark

What you mean with "sabbath"?

I put duplicated bass one octave below to give it a sub bass sense. Zero panning.

I did recorded the drums. I used the only dinamic mic i have, i guess that explain the bad building in the lows.
I agree about the voice volume, i cannot really decide how much is enough, and maybe im trying to hide it because my own insecurity of being bad singer.
The guitar is just a draft. I should have told that. Im gonna record it with my electric guitar soon (i think is the easiest part).
Thank you very much, i will boost up my mid range.

Evan Gomez
Evan Gomez

what is wrong now?
clyp.it/2b0eccd0

Henry Wilson
Henry Wilson

all that's left to do is EQ it a bit in the upper mids, up the vox and put a compressor on it and then abandon the project and never post it again

Luke Long
Luke Long

what range exactly
compressor on master or vox
thx fo the laff

Attached: Screenshot-2.jpg (67 KB, 745x625)

Cooper Jackson
Cooper Jackson

Wait do you think if we pretend that the songs are actually improving he'll get over them quicker? Fucking brilliant

Joseph Rodriguez
Joseph Rodriguez

please dont do that /prod/ is the only people i have to help on my production career

Cooper Lopez
Cooper Lopez

where are you

also what can i keep in mind so my next track is better?

Aiden Cox
Aiden Cox

i don't know much about mastering, i was just talking gibberish. it seems to me like you're overly invested in very minute changes to the song. everytime you post a new link i don't hear much difference, it seems like you're chasing a dragon.

Henry Turner
Henry Turner

so there aint much high mids?

Cameron Gray
Cameron Gray

i'll let you name that song

Carson Reed
Carson Reed

He's right about obsession with small changes

Your recordings suck is the main problem, as always

Christopher Kelly
Christopher Kelly

my recordings are perfectly fine.

Brandon Kelly
Brandon Kelly

This is why nobody takes you seriously

Adam Murphy
Adam Murphy

no, there really is nothing wrong with my raw tracks.

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

i recorded a fart and mixed and mastered it to be on par with beethovens work

Austin Watson
Austin Watson

Yeah okay

New challenge Sammy posts his multitracks and everybody tries to see if we can make him not sound like shit

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

really? thatd be fun, i would post them.

Colton Morgan
Colton Morgan

clyp.it/nezxk1gx i dont know shit dont harass me pls

Isaiah Carter
Isaiah Carter

Yeah okay do it tomorrow
Just stop fucking posting

It's not that bad

Brody Nelson
Brody Nelson

why tomorrow

Asher Baker
Asher Baker

clyp.it/za0boro1

My attempt at original Star Trek battle music.

Anyone have any good recommendations on effects to make things sound more retro? I have Molot and a few Black Rooster Audio VSTs but any more recommendations would be good to try and hit that 60s / 70s film and TV aesthetic.

Attached: b38f1327c0addd4f4d708823dd83d0f6.jpg (9 KB, 236x176)

Blake Wilson
Blake Wilson

Well it doesn't matter really, it's just night in the most important country rn and today's music work is dying down

Spring reverb obviously

Daniel Baker
Daniel Baker

Spring reverb
good call.

clyp.it/ia4yxiim

Here's the same track with spring reverb (Spring Age VST)

Jeremiah Long
Jeremiah Long

Oh shit that does sound like Star Trek lmao

The high voices of the brass sound a little odd to me though for some reason

Angel Kelly
Angel Kelly

Oh shit that does sound like Star Trek lmao
yeah reading a 300 page thesis on the music of original star trek helped me a little. Even found the score for the original "Amok Time" cue

Attached: Amok-Time.png (79 KB, 725x896)

Carter Brown
Carter Brown

yeah reading a 300 page thesis on the music of original star trek

Attached: 1519631597872.jpg (46 KB, 1440x900)

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

desu I just wanted to see the score to see what kind of drum they used. I thought it was some kind of non-orchestral tom but it turned out it was just high timpani

Noah Rogers
Noah Rogers

Yo guys.
I've been experimenting looking for a new direction to take the sound that I have. Very sample based, but trying out mangling the samples more for texture and a bit more of a techno/housey vibe. Any feedback appreciated.
Didn't work much on the mix and production, and I'm going to program a lot more variations, especially in the rhythm.

instaud.io/1XPj

Gavin Gray
Gavin Gray

this is kind of music nerd level i love and enjoy. good digging, i think that's neat
imma be real, when i read your description i prepared for the worst, but this is actually pretty solid and now what i expected, which is always a good thing. I definitely think it needs a little bit more wiggle, some motion, possible some swing in some of the percussive sections, a little bit of variation. at about 1:40, the keys that come in can have some of the low end taken out to sit better above the kick and bass. overall i think you have some good sound design that lends movement and good textures to the repeating elements. honestly good shit, especially if you'll work on refining the mix going forward. feels very alive for a sample-based track

Brandon Gomez
Brandon Gomez

What was its name? I'd be very interesting to read it

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

clyp.it/rrdyxhnq
so this is a song/beat i'm working on
I'm looking for ways to make it more memorable and idk... stand out
any suggestions?

Alexander Edwards
Alexander Edwards

clyp.it/rrdyxhnq
the micro-looped bass thing really needs some more work - it sounds mostly exactly like you're just aggressively looping and stuttering a tone rather than anything pleasant or valuable. massage it with more effects and EQ it to sit better among the other things because it's just fucking grating right now. try mking the whole thing faster to gel the textures together, because it sort of drags right now. probably use more reverbs on some of the elements.
add a higher register and high-frequency oriented lead to float over everything but scoop it so that it doesn't compete with that bass thing or take up much room in the mix.

Eli Hall
Eli Hall

deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/113404/jgetman_1.pdf

Knock yourself out (with a phaser set to stun)

this is kind of music nerd level i love and enjoy. good digging, i think that's neat
I was asked to do it for a short film intro, my first attempt I wasn't too happy with, so I decided to research a bit and came across this thesis. Pretty helpful as finding the actual score was going to take some digging. (although supposedly the scores for all those old TV shows are available somewhere).

Josiah King
Josiah King

thanks for the feedback... but i'm completely clueless on how to do any of those xD
about the bass thing i built my whole beat around that, so i don't exactly know how to make it more melodic and pleasant because the sample wasn't melodic and pleasant at all and i didn't intend to use it to make it so
about making the thing faster i cannot turn up the tempo because in FL after you make your song you can no longer touch the tempo or it'll ruin the structure and placement of everthing especially if you use slicex... i tried fastening the drums but it didn't turn out good
i also tried adding a higher register lead but the same thing you said happened, it either overwhelms the bass or gets lost in it
what should i exactly do about these?

Noah Evans
Noah Evans

you dont need to make it "melodic" or even pleasant, but it just sounds raw. in the bad sense. ie, the sound design is really basic.

are you fucking serious? you can't change master clock in FL? i typically endorse everyone using the DAW that makes sense to them, but that's just bonkers - or you're missing a detail about how to do it?

why would a higher lead overwhelm the bass? did you try applying a HPF?

if you're asking all these questions, you just need to tinker more and figure out what works. these are generally basic songwriting elements and very basic steps to mixing that can't be troubleshot for you on a chan thread, especially since some of this is based around your own taste and creative intentions. just keep working more. it doesn't sound like you're that far along in production, so there's lots more to grow and what you've shown so far is actually pretty good. keep at it!

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

yeah i'm a noob desu
i know how to change tempo... i meant if i do that the arrangement gets messed... the sample placements and stuff
idk... maybe i'm doing it wrong
thanks man

Bentley Anderson
Bentley Anderson

the sample buy-in is stupid. if you rely that heavily on samples you should be digging for your own instead of having some idiots grossbeat a 4 note melody for you.

that being said, the "rent-to-own" plugin stuff is pretty decent. Serum is a great VSTi to have on hand and there's no freeware analog that matches it. and Ozone basic is worth it too if you have no clue what you're doing when it comes to mastering. I just wish they could get more developers on board with it.

Jackson Jones
Jackson Jones

all of this

Luke Baker
Luke Baker

if you rely that heavily on samples you should be digging for your own instead of having some idiots grossbeat a 4 note melody for you.
True, but some times it's good to have something high quality to start from. Especially when you're not very good yet.
For example, I like to use weird and unique sounds for mangling and sound design, so oneshots for packs can be very useful.

Loops on the other hand are almost never acceptable imo (except maybe drums some times).

Jordan Ortiz
Jordan Ortiz

i don't know either

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

You got me.

Jonathan Taylor
Jonathan Taylor

a 4:1 ratio means if the input goes 4 dB over the threshold, the signal will be reduced to 1

Colton Evans
Colton Evans

actually followed up later ITT so, no. again, it was probably more rude than it all had to be, but dont make apologies for duncecap inane questions like that. it's tedious.

Joseph Richardson
Joseph Richardson

clyp.it/axqqr5ro
i knew who it was when i read this. How is it possible to fuck up mix after mix at this degree?

The guy really should just play guitar. He is quite good at it.

Wyatt Thomas
Wyatt Thomas

yeah? what's the issue?

Thomas Flores
Thomas Flores

the signal will be reduced to 1
even if the Signal was over 9000 before?

Ryan Martinez
Ryan Martinez

probably a shitty monitoring situation.
yeah dude what's your audio setup? cans? monitors?

Brayden Perry
Brayden Perry

so while in the example it was accurate, it didn't actually explain that it scales, so fair enough (i guess?)

the ratio of x:1 means that ever XdB that a signal goes over the threshold, only 1 dB is allowed through. so in a case of >9000:1, you have only 1 dB allowed through. this is more of a limiter at that point, ie a brickwall

don't be a smartass.

Julian Green
Julian Green

also apologies for the grouchiness. you may hve not meant to be a smartass.
I realize i made some typos, so to be perfectly clear, a ratio X:1 means that for ever X dB that an input signal goes over the threshold, only 1 dB will be allowed through.

so if the ratio is 2:1, and the signal is 8 db over the threshold, it will be reduced by 4dB

Blake Cook
Blake Cook

Knock yourself out (with a phaser set to stun)

This is what I love to wake up to lmao

Ryder Gomez
Ryder Gomez

rude

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

what's a good genre to start producing to get rich as fuck nowadays?
what should a talented guy like me get into making?

Nathaniel Perez
Nathaniel Perez

producing music only for money
creatively bankrupt capitalist

Evan Powell
Evan Powell

do you feed your tummy and clothe your back with feels you dreamy child or does mommy do that things for you?
I'm just asking what kind of shit sells like hot cakes these days

Julian Martin
Julian Martin

no i have a job and use music as a creative outlet

Samuel Barnes
Samuel Barnes

top 40 and specialist production jobs are the only way to get rich as a producer

Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes

and you find making some extra bux from your hobby as capital sin?

Brayden Sullivan
Brayden Sullivan

a sm57 and a akg k414p

Owen Morales
Owen Morales

reggaeton square wave blip triplet rap ft. ethnic

Bentley Myers
Bentley Myers

my voice goes from b1 to a4

Levi Roberts
Levi Roberts

top 40
didn't kayne said radio game is rigged?
what genre do kids buy in electronic music section on bandcamp the most?

Jaxon Russell
Jaxon Russell

that's not how this works
so you're monitoring on $25 cans? no shit your mix is whack. invest in monitors - for the music you're making you don't even need that much bass extension (ie, you're not making music intended for a club with giant subs), so you could get away with 5" or less monitors, setting you back like $350. you can get better cans, and that will help, but monitors will help significantly more. also referencing on multiple systems will help - your car, friends' systems, etc. you can't fix your issues without hearing them yourself, and there's no way in hell you can manage that on those cans.

Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis

putting some drum loops and jamming over them is fun as hell

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

what i cant hear on the k414p?

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

its not rigged...clear channel just has a standard operating procedure in place, kanye must just be butthurt from figuring out how it really works.

also electronic musicians currently making money on bandcamp aren't getting their bills paid with album sales

Samuel Torres
Samuel Torres

simply listen to good monitors then listen to your shit headphones and you will know.

Jaxon Taylor
Jaxon Taylor

what's a good genre to start producing to get rich as fuck nowadays?

World music definitely

Levi Hernandez
Levi Hernandez

oh boy
yeah what said - check out a recording you are familiar with on your headphones and listen to it on good monitors and good cans and there will be a world of difference. it'll take a little bit to adjust.

James King
James King

k414p is good
clyp.it/j2kd2jpi

reference tracks? im using some.

Joshua Miller
Joshua Miller

yes

Isaac Sanchez
Isaac Sanchez

i bet you fantasise about making money with it yourself
not that that's a bad thing
just dont let it be a pipedream

t. four tet

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

a diy toothbrush knife and kys

Aiden Nguyen
Aiden Nguyen

jeez man...
clyp.it/j2kd2jpi
it's still a mess dude.

Joshua Sullivan
Joshua Sullivan

jeez man...
no offence was intended

but seriously if you really want to make money instead of finding your own musical voice first and foremost.... I'd find some kind of dance music that's hot today and will be what people will be dancing to for years to come. then become a dj and sneak in your own tracks.
A good way to make yourself knows and make some money in the process is playing out as much as you can.

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

you're better off having people who are already established play your tracks. pay to promo your shit of do it like any fucking normal person who cares about the scene and make friends with folks who play out and share your tracks with them. it takes time and you have to be emotionally invested in the scene, the vibe, and the music, otherwise it's a waste of time as you get commercial, trends change, and you have to pivot. if you're part of a scene, it'll take you along.

Dylan Kelly
Dylan Kelly

i know you last album was mostly in the box, but you got any fav eurorack modules?

Ian Gray
Ian Gray

make presets and samples for the latest trends and sell to the goyim

Joshua Richardson
Joshua Richardson

make upwards of $120/month guaranteed

Thomas Davis
Thomas Davis

you're better off having people who are already established play your tracks
i dont know, one thing doesnt exclude the other.
you can't underestimate word of mouth and actually physically being there.
most dj/producers make most of their money while playing out. it's relatively safe if you can make people move consistently with the music.
it takes time and you have to be emotionally invested in the scene, the vibe, and the music, otherwise it's a waste of time as you get commercial, trends change
completely agree, but you can hardly plan this out as a way of making money. you have to love it and do it for the art.
user was asking for a way to make a lot of money. i just suggested if you're going for the money you're probably better off producing music that's already hot and popular than just going for your personal favourite niche

but all in all i'd just say it's just not logical to get into the music for money. theoretically you can make money doing anything with sound or music, it all depends on how you make it, how creative you are, how you are able to ride certain waves and of course, luck and connections.
me personally, I focus solely on my self expression and honing my skills every day. that way i can't really be disappointed because I spent my time doing what i love.

Julian Green
Julian Green

yeah i think we agree, i was mostly railing against the careerist attitude to something that has to fundamentally come from the heart to work and be worthwhile.
shut the hell up with that shit

Alexander Hall
Alexander Hall

making music for commercials can be very, very lucrative
but you'd have to be really good at molding your sound constantly to suit different contexts, you'll have little time developing your own sound. but its possible to do both.

The flashbulb made the music for this award winning commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=WK_q1MT0sqQ

Christopher Morales
Christopher Morales

what i cant hear on the k414p?

...is what Sammy asks each time over the last 12 months (probably once or twice a month) we have said "get monitors" - he's either too poor to ever be able to afford them, too stupid to realize he needs them, or just plain ol trolling this whole time.

Nathaniel Smith
Nathaniel Smith

you don't just troll for 12 months. probably a dunce.
i've written about this in a prior thread, but it's /insanely/ hard to break into this field. you likely have to be well established as a producer already, and you need to have a really solid studio rig (excellent monitors, some treatment, and some good recording equipment - this is the most easily achievable part of the whole affair if you have the funds to invest). you likely need the connections to be able to break into the most lucrative parts of the industry, otherwise you're just scoring mid-grade theater performances and indie movies and the like - things that straddle the line between cool and professional and amateurish but creative. all wholesome ventures, but not lucrative.
also you have to be constantly searching for new opportunities since you're essentially a permanent freelancer - which comes with its own stresses and ofc lack of benefits n shit like that, so depending on where you live that can be a grind too.

not to be a downer, but i've considered this path several times and after consulting with lots of peers in the industry, i've repeatedly talked myself out of it.

Sebastian Hernandez
Sebastian Hernandez

you don't just troll for 12 months. probably a dunce.

Probably right, it did lead /gg/ to completely stop responding to him though as a lost cause, the revolving door of people new to each thread keeps arriving at the same recommendations with him though and he hasn't yet acted on them.

Isaac Nelson
Isaac Nelson

im poor and cant buy shit, but im about to go fulltime on the petfood shop. what are the recommendations?

Nathan Cruz
Nathan Cruz

You overlooked his complete lack of a preamp

Aaron Barnes
Aaron Barnes

You can get a pair of Mackie CR3s for 100 bucks Sammy that'll shit all over your headphones, you'll want to upgrade once you notice the difference they make to your ability to hear but as a cheap starter they're fine, Presonus E4.5 as a pricier (200 dollars) alternative that you'll be able to live with a while longer.

Aiden Morales
Aiden Morales

I'm trying to use this as an MPC on FL studio but I have to turn down the buffer length so low to avoid delay it's not even worth using it anymore. How do I make it so that I can use it at higher buffer lengths without the delay, or lower lengths without the audio shitting out?

Attached: DD55-c3373260062f298f2f48347c895b966f.jpg (133 KB, 1024x676)

Luke Cooper
Luke Cooper

if it has a midi out you should just connect that to your computer and trigger sounds in your sequencer with it.

Cooper Phillips
Cooper Phillips

yea that's exactly what im doing, but fl studio cant handle the input

Xavier Sanders
Xavier Sanders

Thanks a lot user

Levi Gonzalez
Levi Gonzalez

Delay with MIDI triggering is rarely down to the DAW, it's usually related to drivers that are being used and when using MIDI to trigger software instruments it'll be the audio interface drivers that make the most difference.

What's your audio interface user, and are you using low-latency drivers (ASIO for Windows, Core Audio for OS X) with it?

William Rogers
William Rogers

NEW DEMO HAS LEAKED 2 DA CLOUDS FELASSSS

soundcloud.com/cole-nelson-470930610/thurs-just-to-smash-demo

CHECK IT OUT AND BE PLEASED

Attached: unnamed.png (773 KB, 1080x720)

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

I'm using ASIO, don't know the details about mine though

Nathaniel Moore
Nathaniel Moore

SO i got asturia's modular moog, how do i make stuff sound like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=IsSOdZyIaqI
i dont really know much about synths but i know the basics like waveforms, oscillators, a bit of sequencer

Attached: Capture.png (2.49 MB, 1586x917)

Wyatt Kelly
Wyatt Kelly

how do you sample a loop?

do you just hit record, press whatever key you're recording, and then listen over and over again until you pinpoint, by ear, where the loop begins and where it ends?
or is there a better way?

Camden Peterson
Camden Peterson

Sorry for being retarded.

How do I get my MBP audio to play through my Scarlett interface?

Andrew Jackson
Andrew Jackson

kys

just go into your audio settings and find the device/driver it's using to play audio normally and find asio... or whatever you use

can you not drag audio around to select it manually? there's nothing wrong with doing what you described but it's easier to be precise when you can drag it with a mouse. crossfades help if you get any clicks.

Ryan Green
Ryan Green

Learn each component of a synthesizer first

then learn what CV is and how it is used to control components of a synthesizer.

Then open asturia's modular moog and explore with the new knowledge you have. After doing this a few times, you'll have an 'ah ha' moment.

Hudson Gomez
Hudson Gomez

can you not drag audio around to select it manually?
yes. what i'm doing is recording about 5 or 6 seconds, set loop points, listen and adjust loop points, then export the looped section

crossfades help if you get any clicks
i'll try that

the issue is that the loops i want to record are a single tone that morphs into a looping section after 1 to 3 seconds
i can either record the tone with it's intro, looping, and ending sections and have to manually set loop points every time i bring the audio file into my sampler; or ignore the beginning and end sections and cut as tight a sample as possible to create a loopable audio file with no clicking.

Noah Hill
Noah Hill

long explanation of how to sample

is this what it's like not to use ableton? lel

Cameron Mitchell
Cameron Mitchell

Hey guys how do i distort vocals like this?
youtu.be/dZNpt0Dn6FA

I’m playing around with the Hardcore plugin in FL but it just sounds weak.
Alternatively, what can I use to make vocals sound LoFi?

Attached: D19A4435-06FD-499B-8736-09CEBFB689B7.jpg (28 KB, 480x485)

Christopher Nelson
Christopher Nelson

a preamp isn't making the different in a mix - at all. not being able to properly monitor is what's holding the mix back in this case. pretty much any widely available interface these days will have decent preamps, certainly transparent ones, which is why i didn't place any emphasis on the interface as part of the problem. i mean, maybe the dude has some garbage interface that's coloring the sound, but that seems REALLY improbable, what he needs is monitors.
a lot of it depends on your price range and your setup at home - i would recommend nothing less than yamaha HS5s but they're rear-ported, so you might be somewhat more limited in terms of installation than with front-ported monitors. if that's an issue and is space and cost are serious constrains, consider presonus eris 4.5s.
those are cheap but you seriously get what you pay for. peep this review:
noaudiophile.com/Mackie_CR3/
and lol just say you also recc'd the e4.5s lol
big ups
why grip shit that's over your head? the moog modular system here is really basic, so just look up some stuff on the building blocks of subtractive synthesis. the modular aspect might make some parts somewhat more confusing but ultimately the design of that specific system arturia emulated lends itself to basic subtractive synth sound design.

Samuel Ward
Samuel Ward

should i post it?????? upload to what website

Levi Long
Levi Long

if ableton, use cabinet effect.
otherwise, boosting between 1-2k* and cutting everything below while rolling off high end very gently. light saturation afterwards to add grit.
also try downsampling, and then taking the upper edge off with EQing
*frequency might change based on the voice
rly easy dude.

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

thetrashcan.org

Attached: 0c3.jpg (68 KB, 680x622)

Landon Davis
Landon Davis

maybe the dude has some garbage interface that's coloring the sound, but that seems REALLY improbable, what he needs is monitors

no this has come up before, he does not have an interface. he plugs the mic into the line in on his computer. originally he was claiming to have an sm57 copy and it eventually became a legit version- i suspect he just wanted people to stop giving him shit about it

his recordings are consistently noisey and scratchy as shit, obviously he needs both but as the saying goes: "shit in shit out."

fuck i almost forgot about this lmao

if you did it quick on zippy or mediafire real quick i might start it tonight

David Lewis
David Lewis

he plugs the mic into the line in on his compute
is this fucking true?
holy shit i really can't give anyone the benefit of the doubt on in fuckin /prod/ threads can I?
what the fUCk

Attached: fuyuksuki-faceplam-small.jpg (2 KB, 80x76)

Adrian Torres
Adrian Torres

thats right i stopped mentioning its a copy to avoid pointless discussion and picking

ok im exporting the tracks

yes whats the problem, it doesnt colour the sound

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

and then he's going to reply with some variation of

"my recordings are fine i think it sounds good"

Jose Phillips
Jose Phillips

it doesnt colour the sound
not it definitely does, it explains why the guitar is fucking wacko in the mix
CALLED IT

Luis Lopez
Luis Lopez

Attached: 1426829899117.jpg (60 KB, 241x311)

Joseph Brooks
Joseph Brooks

no it doesnt explain, i used formant shifting to add highs on the acoustic guitar

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

clyp.it/h4gzro3x
please gib feedback

Ian Ross
Ian Ross

The audio settings say there's no output control. Would running Ableton screw it up?

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

No IIiIiiii called it bitch

Look up what a preamp does. That's why your recordings are noisey and sound like shit. There's a reason people shelol out money for better pres besides just thre colour

Hunter Morris
Hunter Morris

why dont we have competitions like /agdg/ on /vg/?

Andrew Diaz
Andrew Diaz

why the fuck would you do that? that's what i was talking about way earlier in the thread when i said there were wacky peaks both frequency and transient -wise. clearly a terrible choice.
no i called it
sorry that's what i was implying. you nailed it lmaaao
i mean... it's pretty inoffensive but it's Not good. not sure where you should take it from here.

Asher James
Asher James

because i dont have a steel stringed acoustic and this classical guitar doesnt have nearly the necessary high end to make the effect

Camden Collins
Camden Collins

Not sure, but it seems that we have one or maybe two anons who actually have the experience and equipment to give good feedbacks. The rest of us post our tracks and beg for advice. We probably need a year of stable comunity work. I dont know is late, gonna have a coffe.

Lincoln Parker
Lincoln Parker

I know there's more than two of us able, just not a lot of people willing to take the time lol

Evan Miller
Evan Miller

I've seen it a few times. Pick a Taylor swift song and you have five minutes to chop and screw it visually without audio.

Matthew Ramirez
Matthew Ramirez

that's a poor excuse, especially when the end result is a shitty sounding guitar section in your mix.
stop making these crummy excuses and address the shortcomings. invest in a good interface before all else - it'll improve your recording significantly and it will improve your monitoring situation too. even shitty cans sound better with a properly amplified output when compared to generic computer soundcards.

jfc dude

Angel Green
Angel Green

they sound great here

Juan Long
Juan Long

Lol

Lucas Reed
Lucas Reed

predictable

Jackson Hernandez
Jackson Hernandez

lets see your magic /prod/
mediafire.com/file/aqvu19w2kcr5upn/stems.rar

Blake Young
Blake Young

clyp.it/hmgue3va

POS i made today, gunna work on it more tomorrow. Not finished so just wanting to show it off for what it is, I hear some things that could obviously be improved but I'm open to input.

Hunter Murphy
Hunter Murphy

clyp.it/1pcd443q

looking for general feedback and also about the composition at 0:35

Brayden Russell
Brayden Russell

ogg files
half the tracks are clipping
guitar hum in the background
guitars out of sync

lol man

i'll legitimately try mixing tomorrow. i normally give you shit but it might be fun

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit