Which YA film adaption has the worst fanbase?

Which YA film adaption has the worst fanbase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnVd8FrEK80
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_(Polish_trade_union)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Twilight

Not even close

Nah, Harry Potter, say one legit bad thing about the franchise even with backed up criticism and they gang up on you like a pack of rabid wolves.

Hunger games

I follow the Mahdi. Shai-hulud will swallow this place.

Harry Potter

Seriously criticizing Harry Potter is lazy. What next, gonna tell me fast food is bad? The point is that it's by far the best of a bad bunch. There's nothing innovative in there but it's all polished to near perfection. If you want serious literature read Joyce or Dostoyevsky. This is a book aimed at 10-14 year olds

This. Just go to any fan forum and say Cursed Child is shit.

"It's not shit of Rowling approved"

I legit thought that was Varg before reading the sign

MCU

Marvel movies. They are basic YA shit anyway.

>there will never be a YA adaptation of the Black Magician Trilogy

It was fucking perfect and nobody picked it up, and now it's too late

I never wanted to be in dumbledores army tbqh

The Marvel audience is awful but it's a passive awfulness. I don't blame them for it the way I'd blame Potter fans for being awful, MCUcks fell victim to one of the most elaborate and sophisticated programs of mass marketing the world has ever seen, their case is a tragedy.

The Pokemon fanbase is also terrible.

Basically all of the childish crap that people in their mid-to-late 20s and upwards have no business being more than vaguely interested in has a fanbase built of crapbags who are possessed by a zealous urge to defend the things they use to recapture a time when they were less unhappy.

Twilight's fanbase was little girls. Nothing wrong with that

nonce

>the left is so deluded they confuse fiction with reality

>evil government takes over
>invades your magic school
>imposes various types of corporal punishment
>"I guess we'll just stay here, this is fine"
Dumbledore's Army was for cucks.

The Mockingjay's greatest achievement was not dying before everyone else died, and she pretty much fucked up everything afterwards. Fuck the Mockingjay.

The Empire ruled over a time of galactic peace and were a direct evolution of the previous government, the rebels shattered that peace without having the means to enforce it themselves, that's bloody irresponsible when you're dealing with the lives of literally trillions of people

That's a gay-ass hat.

Reminder that the TRUTH SQUAD is on this board right now.

The ones that have fans who regulsrly shop at hot topic (Twilight, Suicide Squad). Basically a honeypot for crazy "alternative" girls with mental problems. At least HP fans are mostly normal kids

Potter

I agree about Pokemon and especially Pokemon Go

How shitty would an Artemis Fowl adaption be?

fuck off idiot this is a harry potter bashing thread

After seeing that raising our wands shit for John Hurt, the Harry Potter fanbase.

Or Doctor Who, literally everyone I knew that watched it was autistic.

>missing the point:the post

>Dr Who
Only british people should be allowed to watch it

I am a Brit, as are the people I'm talking about, it's so bad.

I'm a bong and I fucking hate doctor who. I saw 2 mins of it once at a friends house and never again. You literally need to wear a fedora to watch it.

>An actor with lots of versatility and range
>Is going to be remembered as that guy who made wands because of Potter fucks

I hate Harry Potter more and more. But why do they feel the need to make it about themselves more than caring about the person dying? It was the same with Alan Rickman.

What if you'd help the Empire?

>not fighting FOR the empire
What a faggot

5th grade reading level == Young Adult

>fighting against the empire

That's because they're just afraid to admit that they're fans of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>"I guess we'll just stay here, this is fine"

They were held hostage to make sure their families cooperated, with the threat of killing their families if they left on their own.

Anime fanbase, definitely

there it is

>The Empire ruled over a time of galactic peace and were a direct evolution of the previous government, the rebels shattered that peace without having the means to enforce it themselves, that's bloody irresponsible when you're dealing with the lives of literally trillions of people
except the empire was a fascist dictatorship

This. Not even the BDSM crowd will have those people because they have such a completely wrong outlook on how the fetish works, with actual BDSM-practitioners classifying what happened to the chick in the book as rape while the fans of the book/movies celebrate it. Literally no part of it is good.

What's your point.

Libya was much better off under Gaddaffi than it is now

so?

Is that Pen? He has the painted nail thing.

He'll either forever be known as "The guy who gave Harry Potter his wand", or "The first person to be killed by a xenomorph". Personally, I'll always remember him from the Jim Henson Storyteller series. This particular episode used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnVd8FrEK80

like a lot of hacks rowling used WWII european history as the model for her story. the nazis invaded france and the french resistance had to fight through sabotage and subterfuge. you make a good point though because parents would have pulled their kids out of the school, but since rowling is following history she didn't even consider that

Reminder that the >>TRUTH SQUAD>>>>
Reminder that the >>TRUTH SQUAD>>>>>>
Reminder that the >>TRUTH SQUAD>>>
Reminder that the >>TRUTH SQUAD>TRUTH SQUAD>>>>
Reminder that the >>TRUTH SQUAD

Fight the empire? Fuck that! Long live Emperor Pussygrabber

dumbledore's army was for the popular kids
The hunger games series was only retarded
The Empire was the good guys

but trump is fuckin evil

twilight peaked and died off. Star Wars and Potter autists are around and will be for years if not decades to come

Thanks doc

>In fiction freedom fighters are the good guys rebelling against oppressive empires but in real life they are bad

I don't know who to believe anymore

Everyone likes the Empire better than the Rebels

kek, I was wondering when this would show up.

I'd honestly have to say Harry Potter. For sure, Twilight was insufferable, but quite frankly it was too easy to tear apart. Every girl I know who liked Twilight now admits how bad it was and tries to distance herself away from it.

Harry Potter will not die. The books and movies are decent, but jesus fuck, I know like two girls who aren't obsessed with it. Some of them in their fucking 30s.

The last movie in the main series was what, like 5 years ago? And yet my FB wall is made up of at least 10% "10 points to Gryffindor!" or whatever.

Its actually pretty annoying.

Name a rebellion that improved things for the average citizen in the past 50 years and I'll show you a half-dozen that made things worse.

It would be off the fucking chain
So pretty shit

But I always wanted to be in the empire

Gauls

I saw this a few weeks ago. My buddy and I kek'ed heartilly.

Actually probably the cringiest thing I've ever seen. Also all the posters/ people who liked the photo were all the least capable of actually rebelling. Unathletic, prone to "episodes," completely reliant on society, etc. etc.

>This is how millennials actually see themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_(Polish_trade_union)

Harry Potter, it's both numerous and batshit insane.
Also, why can't these people think outside the schemes of bottom of the barrel pop culture?

i have no idea, i am not up to date with young adult horseshit but pic very related

The Big Bang Theory definitely only because it has tricked normalfags into thinking they are part of a subculture which don't want them.

>in the past 50 years

Hardly a rebellion, more like successful dissent.

are normie fandoms aware of the fact that they are essentially the same as moms that post minions memes on facebook?

>Fight against the empire
>Trump was elected in the republican system of democracy
It hurts knowing that facebook "fans" of star wars, who basically have only seen TFA, are ruining star wars, not disney.

I hate harry potter so fucking much

>oh looks obviously le ebil slytherin
>doing bad things at every turn
>everyone in slytherin supports le voldemort

haha XDDDD great one

>Think Slytherin would be cool because I admire ambition over intelligence, bravery humbleness etc
>No lol they're the Nazi house!

Harry Potter is the worst if not only because rowling keeps fucking trying to jump on every sjw bandwagon each week and apply it to her shitty books
>I never said hermione was white! .... Except for all those times I did
>there was plenty of faggots and rugmunchers and trannies, you just didn't see them!
Shes already like a billionaire, can't she just fuck off to her mansion forever

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't like seeing them 100% typecasted as "le evil bad neonazis".

We don't see any of the traits in this list though, for example how were Draco's sidekicks even in the house when they were described as borderline retarded?

>ambition
You would think "hey it's the drive to be the best at something or be the minister of magic or top potions maker or something"

nope just the desire to racially purge the wizarding world xDDD

I said i'd fight the Empire because I'd get to fly an X-Wing.

>There's nothing innovative in there but it's all polished to near perfection. If you want serious literature read Joyce or Dostoyevsky. This is a book aimed at 10-14 year olds
Potter fans will assure you it's not REALLY a kid's book and it's good or all ages.

That's like being in Revolution-Era America and saying life was better under the king - technically true, but completely missing the point.

I don't think there's lots of humanist liberal rebels in Libya. You're just exchanging one form of tyranny for another through a long and bloody societal collapse.

After the American Revolution there was government, there was the rule of law, there was order and peace, for a while at least. After Gaddafi fell the country followed him down into chaos and still hasn't clawed its way back up.

The idea of self-government is that it will all work out in the end. If a fascist regime crops up, a resistance will form to overthrow it. Sometimes that resistance will be noble, sometimes it won't. But there are people of conscience in every country, sometimes it takes hard times for them to rise to the occasion. What do you think made people like Thomas Jefferson or MLK who they were?

Stop vargposting

wew

Nevermind.

When was the last time anyone even talked about this? I forgot it even existed until now I agree when it was going on it was insufferable, but I think its pretty much dead now.
This for sure. Harry Potter is so lame dude, how did it even become popular?

Anything in particular you disagree with, or did you realize that I'm 100% correct?

Anyone and everyone who approves of the Netflix series of unfortunate events is basically Hitler and should kill themselves in front of people. Klaus and mr poe are literally the only acceptable things about that garbage.

Your views are so naive, un-nuanced, and ignorant I don't want to bother engaging you further on a manchu scrimshaw board.

Harry Potter is gay, but this copypasta is gayer.

Was it you who posted this in that jk Rowling thread on Sup Forums earlier and got like 40 lengthy replies raging about it? If so thanks for the laughs. Love when people don't know about a pasta especially from another board

>Clinton wanted to start WW3 with Russia, is in bed with all the banker cunts and is racist and evil
>"I'M WITH HER!"
>Trump wants to bring jobs to America
>"FUCK HIM! LITERALLY HITLER!"

Not even American and this shit is too funny

>This is a book aimed at 10-14 year olds

That's all the more reason for it to be good.

You know what's a great YA series, Mortal Engines, someone like Besson should make a movie out of that.

Let's just post good YA. I liked His Dark Materials and the Bartimaeus Sequence

Yeah this really raised an eyebrow for me when I heard women talking about
>omg I need a Christian Grey in my life
>he's so dominant, that's how guys should be
When even degenerate BSDMers denounced it as an abusive relationship

The problem Trump is openly racist at least Clinton knew how to hide it to the public.

>he's so rich and good-looking and ready to sweep me off my feet into a new world filled with dinners and hot sex, that's how guys should be

Fixed that for you. The dominance is just a tiny garnish for their fantasy, that's why it doesn't matter to them that he's actually abusive, or that everything about the BDSM angle is fucked. If he'd been presented as a normal-looking guy who was just a co-worker who moves in the same world as the main character then those fans wouldn't have been drawn in by the dream of suddenly being wooed by a sexy rich guy who wants to have sex with an "ordinary" woman. With a normal every-day guy the BDSM angle wouldn't have been seen as a frisson, instead the abusive angle would have been viewed for what it is.

The irony is going to go right over their heads when Harrison Ford dies and every retard does their shitty han solo tribute. Even though Ford hates Star Wars fans and finds them insistently annoying

Harry Potter fans always seem to be left wing betas.

LOTR fans are swole and woke.

fight for muslims who want you dead lol

Clinton wanted to bring in millions of third world immigrants so they would buy American products and vote democrat. She doesn't give a shit about their living conditions back home. It's all about her party staying in power forever.

Always makes me chuckle.

>implying Han Solo even has anything you could make a tribute out of

It'll be Indiana Jones all the way. It'll be the day of the fedora.

>Saying any of those things.
Is he trying to assemble the greatest collection of spergy faggots the world has ever seen?

James Hetfield is looking rough

>and it's good or all ages.
All ages by definition is for kids.