Do you ever just imagine what's going through his head?

Do you ever just imagine what's going through his head?

Attached: julian-casablancas-and-the-voidz-the-wink-oct-17.jpg (1500x1000, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhelrTuw9OI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's clearly had a bit of a breakdown

luckily it's manifesting itself into his best music in years

Attached: Fred_Flintstone.png (397x675, 124K)

How much influence did Julian have on "Comedown Machine"?
Because that was a damn fine album, and probably my favorite Strokes album after "Room On Fire"

that haircut lmao

uncommon opinion: julian casablancas has never released a bad album

probably not that much
it was a collaborative album like angles i guess

It's not uncommon, it's bad. First Impressions is a bad album

I haven't read it, but that book "meet me in the bathroom" or whatever kind of details accounts of the strokes falling apart via julian's alcoholism and hammond's heroin addiction. I'm hearing a lot of undertones about him as a recovering addict and someone who realizes that he had and the strokes had an opportunity to be bigger than they were

i heard he didn't inherit his father fortune

>That fuckin' Ariel Pink.....how does he do it?

There's a load of good tracks on it though
a little blander than the first two, granted - but julian can still write a long batch of great pop songs

(not that i know how much it is, but) does he really need it?

Nah, they could never been like kings of the leon in terms of reaching to big top 40 audiences.

They're still pretty big tho. I mean they can still headline any major festival they want

boarding school kid who pretends to have some old nyc grime. who gives a fuck. he's no cbgb kid. stop pretending you're a street guy julian

that's what I'm thinking 50% of the time t b h

I've said this a few times ngl

his father was pretty rich (or that's what's my mother told me). who doesn't need a lot of millions?

Yeah, I guess I meant commercial/mainstream success. I haven't really listened to them much. I like Is This It, but find it slightly underwhelming, especially in terms of production. It's quiet and flat, and Room On Fire seems to be essentially the same formula, maybe produced better. Been meaning to give Comedown Machine a listen though.

The Voidz stuff is really interesting. My only complaint with Tryanny is that its production seems like a mess at times. If you tried to listen to that album in mono, you would see what I mean. I've enjoyed every single from the new album so far

middle life crisis

strokesfags always get apprehensive whenever anyone mentions julian is not a DIY, street guy

nah we all know he's privileged af, and not in the way people in 2018 like to use that word

we just don't care, because he's a good songwriter

youtube.com/watch?v=hhelrTuw9OI

you haven't seen so many people here get triggered by that, which is a lot

Rate it

Attached: R-2182736-1269368956.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 77K)

Out of the blue and 11th dimension are great songs. The rest are meh

8.5/10

a lot of beautiful moments, "tourist" is one of my faves 'songs for walking with headphones' ever

11th dimension is a banger like effff

no fucking way this is not bait

his lyrics are an incoherent mess that he can't even remember when performing.

Phrazes for the Young is awful shit, only like two good songs on it.

shirt is fire

Angles is their best record so listen to that

i heard he has a giant dick