Watch japanese movie

>watch japanese movie
>it's retarded
are we just too culturally different to appreciate nippon movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Wang_Yue
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that design is GOAT

>Watch live-action Japanese movie
>It's retarded
>Watch animated Japanese movie
>It's kino

Why is there such a huge difference in quality?

there really isn't. you're just a deluded weeb.

The show is kino as fuck tho

>Watch live-animated action Japanese
>It's retarded
>Watch kino movie action movie
>It's watch

Watch is there why quality a Japanese in kino?

>watching the movies
>watching past Unit 01 going Berserker

You earned it.

It's just too good for you, user

It's actually the other way around you fucking manchild.

>"duuuude....evangelion is like....so deep man....like....woah...."
>literally just robots fighting aliens

Damn, how can western philosophers even compete?!

>read OP's post
>it's faggotry

Are we just too culturally different to appreciate your shitposts?

Their live action movies are better and better than most of the dumb shit the West puts out

Kurosawa, Naomi Kawase, Hirokazu Koreeda, Beat Takeshi etc etc etc

Cherry picking at its finest

t. deluded animeNEET

No, most Japanese movies are painfully retarded. Same could be said of any country, admittedly.

kék

chinese films > jap crap

SEX

China > West > everything else

>China
>morality

almost spit out my drink

Your high-school copypasta waifu dramas aren't better than Kurosawa or Ozu my man, regardless of how one thinks of them as directors.

>assmad guizi stupider and less moral than China

its a joke

what does this picture have to do with morality?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Wang_Yue

this is my 1st day on Sup Forums I have never seen that maymay before thanks for the heads up my oldfag friend

I know I'm taking the bait but Madoka was pretty good desu

the have a really different sense of pacing and way to portray emotions

:^)

only Hong Kong and Tapei. Really makes u think

t. Hipsters

Kurosawa is entry-level as fuck, embryo.

really makes you think

>"it was just a prank, bro" his friend said as he cleaned the boy's blood off his face

wtf

theres good stuff yes (and most of it was influenced by the west) but most is overrated and the amount of shit make it hard to find

I agree but don't co-opt our word to defend cartoons.

that wasn't the point of the post

>his round eyes can't read the top result
Shangahi that's mainland you, no wonder your scores are so bad

I know I'm a total pleb but I fucking love all those anime tropes

what's that synopsys on the left from?

Naruto

my experience of a lot of anime and manga and other Japanese pop culture aimed as adolescents is that it's absolutely phenomenal on a visual aesthetic level and moronically shitty in terms of dramatic composition (subject matter, thematics, character, narrative, etc.)

like the creators of whatever the work is will be imaginative, audacious, and unique on a conceptual level in a way that you never see in the West, but then they don't bother to fill anything in. 'story' almost feels like a secondary consideration.

Japanese cinema's shortcomings is a reflection of the Japanese people as a collective lacking empathy and conception of the numinous. Their films lack 'that spark of emotive connection' because his people lack the internal awareness and emotional volatility that permit European art to communicate on a more profound and abstract level, just as they lack the ability to relativise their experience of reality. The results – as women are incapable of making art about anything other than their vaginas, so too are the Japs incapable of making art about anything other than being Japs.

I try and keep the "it's just a different culture" mindset, but honestly, even the "kino" mentioned here is on the level of big budget summer flick.
EVA is about giant robots punching each other with a needlessly convoluted plot beneath it. Just because it gets all philosophical and doesn't have terrible CGI and an incompetent director with messy cinematography doesn't mean it isn't the same kind of film as Transformers.
It's about the visuals, it's about the giant robots, and it's about the excitement of giant robots hitting each other.

No, it's about the characters

you never watched it

Did you even watch it all the way through?

Or did you just watch the rebuild movies?

>Asuka
>Pilot: emotionally unstable

What's so special about showing that?

well, to perfectly control the EVA, the pilot needs to be [not] unstable

China is the most sexually degenerate place on the planet

I dunno where this "hurrr they're so traditional and moral" meme from Sup Forums comes from.

Incest is basically completely normal in China as long as it's not done for reproduction, uncles/grandpas/dads sexually abuse their younger relatives throughout childhood and it's to be expected

moby dick

>watch any Japanese movie
>goes off on a big tangent about DNA/blood types/ESP halfway through
>this is now what the rest of the film will be about

Look, each country makes movies that the public demands.

what the fuck was his problem?

You watched the Eva Rebuild movies. Nobody considers those kino. They're significantly different from the original show, they focus on the fights and action instead of the characters.

Watch the TV anime series. It's one of those animes that's even respected among people that don't like anime. At first it seems like a normal mecha but it ends up being a story about depression with some interesting, well-built characters. The first half has more robot fights and action, but around the middle it starts to get weirder and darker. The second half has a lot of surrealist and mindfuck moments, the action sequences become less "fun" and less frequent, and it gets deeper into the characters' heads.

It's far from being perfect, but it's worth watching.

They originally didn't have the budget to make the finale they wanted, so the final two episodes have very simple animation and are like a surrealist dreamlike therapy session. But after that they did get the budget and they made The End of Evangelion (1997), which gives a [fucking crazy] real ending to the story and is considered by many one of the best animated films ever (top 5 imo). Make sure you watch it once you finish the show.

sexual frustration

how old are they all supposed to be ?
like 12?

you're a total pleb

15 IIRC, except for Rei, who's 14.

>mfw retards debate about asuka and rei when misato exists

and misato?

>asuka
>is german
wtf

>mfw some faggot keeps bringing up misato when we're arguing about rei and asuka.

The modern shit the west is putting out isn't fucking grand either

>Beat Takeshi
dumb weeb

Shinji, Asuka and Rei are 14, Kaworu is 15, and Misato is 29.

cucks will be cucks

Why do people dislike Asuka?
she was just tsundere

I thought she was the best character.

Is that what the original looks like?

No op a lot of those animus are weird and don't make any fucking sense. There are some good ones out there though. Don't give up just look elsewhere.

yes, thats the first one

manchildren dont like it when a character is mean to the character they identify with

Because when you make anime live-action you can actually tell how retarded it is.

Anyway japanese cinema started being ass sometime before the late 20th century. Go watch the old kurosawa shit if you want to see good movies.

>It's about the visuals, it's about the giant robots, and it's about the excitement of giant robots hitting each other.

The hook for me was how fucked up everyone was and you wanted to know how deep that rabbit hole goes. I thought that's how everyone else felt.

It was good when it just focused on Shinji, Asuka and Rei were such dull characters

Christ what a fucking shit opinion that is.

I know you have every right to post that opinion, but just stop.

I agree. EVA is no better or deeper than Big O is

shut the fuck up weeb, they were one dimensional as fuck until near the end, and they were still shit afterwards.

The waifus in Shin Godzilla were nice

Damn, really ruined my life with that garbage response.

End it.

I've only read 2 posts by you and can tell you are an unbearable faggot

really need to kys

>Replying to a 2 hour old post

Is this your first day here?

no i just hate weebs more than anything so i literally cannot stop myself from telling them to kill themselves

>he hates himself
>he posts on Sup Forums
I mean, it shouldn't be a surprise

well you tried

Haha, it's like you're talking to yourself

You're so tsundere user-kun

Can we all agree that Evangelion is really cool?

Best episode of the main series? I'd say Fifteen.

Pic somewhat related, but it's not the episode

24, without a doubt - though I think the one where unit 01 takes the angel's core and eats it deserves a mention too.

is this a real story?

Several words are spelled incorrectly, so probably not. See if you can find them all!

They aren't the best by a long shot, but I always remember 18 and 19 the most vividly. So much in two episodes

He was secretly a shit stabber