Has Disney announced if they're releasing the original version of Star Wars yet?

Has Disney announced if they're releasing the original version of Star Wars yet?

2004 looks better

pretty sure fox still has the rights

everyones faces look fuschia and the red laser flashes completely swamp the camera with purple

Look at legacy 4k restoration. Mike verta is In talks with Disney to release it. He did the best job from the best sources. Look at his work on vimeo

Nope and they won't.

George sold Star Wars to them under the condition that they never release the original trilogy. It's dead. Accept it

Your best bet is to pick up the VHS tapes before they were altered.

I watched the trilogy most on the original VHS... the colors were much brighter.

Yeah, blue filters really cleaned that image right up...what was once full-color is now whitewashed - and this is somehow 'progress'?

They did release them on DVD you know.

Fox has the rights to A New Hope forever.
But the rights for V and VI will revert to Disney in 2020.
Gareth Edwards recently said that Lucasfilm has a 4K remaster of A New Hope. I think it'd be in Fox's best interests to partner with Disney, like they already have with streaming Star Wars, to release the originals as they were.

Just get the despecialized version dude

Lucas is a cuck. Disney is milking the cow.

The despecialized version is good enough

The only thing better in the 04 shot is Leia's beautiful peach skin. Look at that translucent dress.

Nobody gives a fuck anymore dude

Tired of hearing this shit for the past 15 years or so, give it a fucking rest

THE BLUES

THE BLACKS

IT LOOKS LIKE A MODERN FILM

SO COOL

Is this 'modern movement' just laziness? Are they just using the filters to make their shots consistent? So they can cheap out on lighting and thoughtful direction? Or is it an actual aesthetic choice, for some unfathomable reason?

I think I must be the only one who agrees with you the top looks like a cheap tv show for children you clearly see that everything is a set.

tho original was made in 1977 in a cave with a box of scraps

And he improved it.
Just cause something is the original doesn't make it better.

Pic related the 97 version is way better here but people will complain.

See? Kids have grown up with this shit, and it's fucked their brains into believing that unrealistic garbage is more believable than reality. None of the people have anything resembling realistic flesh tones in the 2004 version. The lighting has been altered/blued - reality doesn't look like that. Reality has color; it's not all edgy black-n-white bullshit. Modern movies and vidya gaems have really messed-up peoples' perception of things.

>Sci Fi movies are reality

>all sci fi movies must be unrealistic garbage???

Cloud City was the best changes in the Special Editions t b h

Colours aside, 2004 DVD is probably the best balance of original footage and SE "improvements"
>no CG rocks in front of R2
>less retarded Greedo shoots first scene
>no Vader screaming "NOOO!"

Except for Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ and the CG Jabba scene in ANH, I'd say it's as close to the definitive version of the OT as you can get.

Knowing Disney, they will make their own remake with CGI actors and more diversity in the rebel alliance.

Yeah, they were nice, not IN YOUR FACE. Most of the changes detracted: cloud city changes most definitely enhanced.
I generally agree! (Still prefer originals, tho, as the 'definitive' version of ot)

DUB DUBZ TRUTH

isnt there a fan made version floating around? like they keep han's wrist action and also add the lizard riding storm troopers

top one looks like cinema.
bottom one looks like some hbo mini series.

HD blu ray release when?

I find this to be very odd, but you sound as if you have done your homework.

I will also admit to knowing virtually nothing about the various rights/legal entities about the whole thing. I only have a vague idea via Sup Forums that "Star Wars is now kinda-sorta a Disney property".

If I were Fox, I would want the rights to IV, V and VI period, in perpetutity, etc, exactly because that whole chunk is exactly what everyone else is so desparate to recreate. I don't understand the logic in giving up rights to V (conventionally held as the best film) and VI, while only hanging on to IV. I guess maybe it's $$$ logic? Details?