If this isnt electronic album of the decade, then what is?

If this isnt electronic album of the decade, then what is?

Attached: oneohtrix-point-never-garden-of-delete-artwork.jpg (380x380, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTjn1d-d2II
youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrYZ6lKsg
youtube.com/watch?v=D02sKo-ot1o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TeixP4TI5E
youtube.com/watch?v=1Tpweigp5kw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

r+7

my diary desu

It's a great album, but I thought Autechre's Elseq was much more impressive.

OPN makes interesting music, but I think he's an over-hyped golden boy. I feel like he came around during a time when critics needed to latch onto an artist and crown him.

Luxury Problems.

opn is lauded for good reason. he's the best at blending human emotion and electronics together seamlessly.

Elseq seems quantity over quality tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=iTjn1d-d2II

I'm liking this more than GoD

Ghettoville IMO.
Exai is better.

It's definitely his forte, but his techniques aren't particularly impressive to me. It's a lot of nostalgia-laden samples, loops and arpeggiation--nothing extraordinary. His ideas are solid tho.

budget James Ferraro

I've tried getting into autechre but I just can't. it's very skilful but just seems to me like technical wankery

i think GoD is the most organic-sounding record he's put out so far. i don't think he's a revolutionary or anything, and that's a lot to ask from any artist anyway. but he makes decent records.

like, i don't feel "nostalgic" listening to GoD. i just feel immersed. not mind-blown, but immersed enough.

Fair enough. They always manage to sound like the future to me. Always ahead of the curve. That's incredibly rare for any kind of musician who's been around as long as Autechre has.

>ywn go back to 2015 Sup Forums when this album was hyped as fuck and everyone was having fun listening to it

Attached: AP-People-Dave-Chappelle.jpg (1600x800, 139K)

Yeah, GoD is definitely not as heavy on the nostalgia as his previous albums. Immersive is a good way to describe it.

I was sort of ambivalent towards OPN, but I saw him play live and it was incredible. I didn't fully get what he was doing until then

try wanting to go back to 2009 when MPP leaked and you still had a few months of carefree high school left to belt out the lyrics to bluish from the manual windows of your 2001 honda civic while skipping class

anyone that doesn't think opn is one of the best going around needs to watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrYZ6lKsg

pieceohshit point nevermadeanythinggood

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing a few YouTube videos of OPN live that made me think of him as more of a complete artist rather than just a musician.

this is real nice

Easily

Attached: artworks-000076768821-tdcqh0-original.jpg (1400x1400, 1.4M)

>tfw never had friends or went to parties so my fondest memory of high school is time spent shitposting on this board

Attached: kino.gif (500x281, 988K)

you've got your whole life ahead of you, user.

[spoiler]Potato kino best kino[/spoiler]

Attached: gun.jpg (853x480, 41K)

Passed Me By is the best thing he did tho

This one pleb

Attached: 1432592137657.jpg (1400x1400, 326K)

Same for the first half, except I spent my adolescence playing Maplestory and TF2, coulda been worse it was fun
>tfw don't want to grow up at 21 because i never experienced what it was like to be a teenager or actually develop socially, but i know i have to

Attached: 1506179945212.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

It should at least be vidya instead of shitposting user

it's the most of feels, man

Exai
Splazsh
ISAM
Galaxy Garden
R Plus Seven
Reassemblage

Attached: F0188C1C-9392-475A-B649-3C10C4D2E644.jpg (300x300, 43K)

Attached: muh shit.jpg (1959x2612, 872K)

Dude I agree, Exai is so fucking good. When compared to the four hour beast that is elseq Exai's, uhh, conciseness (if that's a word) puts it above

>he's the best at blending human emotion and electronics together seamlessly
OPN's emotions are the equivalent of a bad 80's soap drama.

it's definitely one of the best OP but I would put product by sophie ahead of it in terms of like "importance"

this decade has been incredibly shit for electronic music tbfh

It might just be that desu

does Tim Hecker count?

lol ok

glad you agree

Yup

sure. just throw it out there

1. Burial - Kindred
2. Deepchord Presents Echospace - Liumin
3. Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus 7
4. Nmesh / t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 - ロストエデンへのパス
5. Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

pretty good list user

*loops synth arps until they sound layered*
*chops and screws 00s pop*
*randomizes MIDI*
this is music..................................................................................................... this is art

Just came out

Attached: Screenshot_20180302-004314.jpg (1440x1437, 2.06M)

I might go with this then

Attached: 5220034.jpg (1073x969, 211K)

holy fuck how did I forget about liumin

not that guy but I always thought it was like 2008 or something

listen to eccojams more

Attached: Screenshot_8.jpg (520x485, 46K)

I feel like Elseq is much better than Exai. I feel like Exai is so intense with no breaks, it wears you out I personally get fatigued a little over halfway in.

Elseq, however, is split up into five parts and with plenty of nice ambient bits to space everything out, like Eastre and Pendulu Casual. Even though it's twice as long as Exai it feels half as exhausting. As Deep Cuts put it, on Elseq Autechre aren't so concerned with showing off their technical ability as they are just putting you in another place for a while.

Elseq also has elyc6 0nset and Foldfree Casual, two of their best tracks since Sublimit.

This thread has way too many feels in

when do you find time to listen to all 5 elseqs?
and how would you rank them?

I mean there's still good stuff out there (every decade has good material) but as far as this decade's influential things go, artists like OPN, Sophie and their derivatives just aren't my thing

Not to mention EDM exploding in America killed and quality in mainstream electronic music whatsoever.

I've felt those feels some 3-4 years ago, I'm nothing but a walking shell now.

Attached: actress_splazsh.jpg (500x500, 52K)

>listens to Oversteps once
youtube.com/watch?v=D02sKo-ot1o

I’d say elseq 1-5 too. Beast of an album, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything like it.

Not aotd but I'd put it up there with GOD. I found out about bb along with opn during the vaporwave days in early 2010s. and as much of a fan of original Vaporwave as I still am, it's been nice to see these artists break away from that scene and pursue new sounds.

Attached: 56787890yh.jpg (680x666, 443K)

Staple of viral marketing for sure.

/lit/ pls

u got a problame m8? :^)

jk I love u

This was literally Sup Forums in 2012. That and 'Floral Shoppe'

it is

I take it an Elseq at a time, as I think was intended with the way the released it.

And probably 5>4>2>1>3, not to say 3 is even close to trash, Mesh Cinereal is still amazing and Eastre is great

My favorites from each Elseq are probably Pendulu hv Moda, elyc6 0nset, Mesh Cinereal, Foldree Casual, and Freulaeux

>electronic
>album
lmao dude

>oh hey Sup Forums showed up on the front page for once, wonder what this could be
>same 2 deep 4 u shit adult swim hipster shit that's been felated on here since time immemorial
Just once Sup Forums do I wish you would be somewhat relatable.

how would you put it?

whoa.. leave.
this album is not "deep"

I honestly think this would be AOTD. R+7 and GOD are definitely awesome but, personally speaking for me it's this

Attached: i7k2Taw.gif (600x600, 3.48M)

if going that route, it's this

Attached: AlbumArt.jpg (800x800, 48K)

twist ending

Attached: fashion week.jpg (500x500, 85K)

seconded

This actually. My favorite vaporwave artists are the ones who don't make vaporwave

At least there's some semblance of discussion going on. That should make you happy no matter what you think of this music

Agreed. Truly a fascinating little morsel of 2010's culture vaporwave has been. OPN's Ecco Jams were phenomenal as an experiment in sound but as soon as the sound became an established style 'vaporwave' became a wasteland of uncreative blasé garbage.
Blank Banshee intelligently only ever teetered on the edge of that style (if at all) without a doubt, an easy way to gain an audience on his part. but nonetheless I enjoy both artists.

it was over in 2010 senpai

Attached: 293b9f11b3fa5b9368df724f66098aa6.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 168K)

Not really the type of style when i say "electronic"

the true patrish choice

Attached: Aphex_Twin_-_Syro_1409868795_crop_550x550.jpg (550x550, 53K)

This is the best Aphex Twin album honestly. It reaches a consistency, maturity and level of sound design he never even got close to before Syro. A good mix of his melodic, rhythmic and sound engineering chops

Embarrassing thread as always

Attached: 6941610230_4af09c3c8c_b.jpg (1024x1024, 626K)

This album was like a mostly forgettable flavor of the week. Your opinion is incorrect.

Feels like most of the tracks couldve evolved more. Really cool ideas tho.

>First track is a 25 second intro track of inaudible speaking
>Second track is a 35 second loop of someone else's song
>aotd

Sorry senpai. Less filler more killer

user...

Yeah for some reason all the filler toward the front of the album stood out to me and is the reason I never listen to this anymore. Unlike R+7 which I come back to time and time again, I enjoyed GOD when it was released but have more or less forgotten about it.

>Not to mention EDM exploding in America killed and quality in mainstream electronic music whatsoever.
quality electronic music has never ever been mainstream, except maybe during the 90s when stuff like aphex twin and prodigy were playing on mtv, and even then they were only played in the middle of the night
don't even say the 80s, the 80s were shit for music in general

Andy Stott is complete pleb. Aphex Twin fell off my radar long ago. OPN has worn on me, but no doubt has some gems. Arca doesn't do good albums, but for me he's the most refreshing artist of the decade.

Autechre's Oversteps was still probably EAOTD for me.

10/10 Electronic Avant Ambient Pop masterpiece.

It’s funny that she also used to date Daniel too.

Attached: 9B1C330B-B4AC-4751-A30D-CBEE121D0A79.jpg (500x500, 130K)

>one of the most influential dance albums of the 2010s is flavour of the month because it didn't receive praise form Fantano and P4K, and because it wasn't memable enough

nigga I listen to exclusively electronic music and I have no idea what that shit is

Jesus Christ this thread is sub pleb tier

that album is responsible for pc music and arca you culturless pleb

No, it's just mostly forgettable. I'm not so sure it was particularly influential either. Care to name some artists who were specifically influenced by it?

>I love electronic music - Aphex Twin, OPN, Grimes the list goes on...
Is this you?

I kinda like Movement better, but I know I'm wrong.

Attached: a0713415047_10.jpg (1200x1200, 93K)

This album never gets any love. Shameful.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TeixP4TI5E

Attached: Squarepusher - Shobaleader One_0.jpg (400x400, 21K)

The sounds on this are a solid decade ahead of its time

Attached: amon-tobin-isam.jpg (1654x1654, 216K)

PC Music, Night Slugs, FKA Twigs, Jamie xx and every contemporary British producer

You guys are wasting time arguing over taste.
Listen to this and shut the fuck up:
youtube.com/watch?v=1Tpweigp5kw

Attached: 4faa4dbc.jpg (320x320, 17K)