Touted as the Super Bowl of yurop

>touted as the Super Bowl of yurop
>ends 0-0

Wow, nice sport!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FwtgfwD2bNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf I hate soccer now

oi lietuva, what happened to donatas motiejunas career?

quick somebody scores a point, a dunk, something, I can't take it anymore

So when does overtime start :DDD

It's just another game in the season. Nothing like a super bowl

>midtable match played at least twice a year every year
>superbowl of europe

and still more people prefer to watch it than your shitty handegg

wtf i hate semen slurping now

last season that city-united match was hyped to hell but it ended up being a 5/10 game

whats wrong with 0-0?

yet another game where mouyes parked the bus like a league 1 side

This "sport" is honestly pathetic. And no, this isn't a Murrican vs.Euro thing.

Here's a much better "guys on field trying to put object in net" sport in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=FwtgfwD2bNE

Why did DiveKick take off and not that? You guys chose like the worst sport to come from the continent. Don't get it.

I don’t even hate draws, but a 0-0 draw? Get it together yuros

>superbowl
>1 game all year long
>Liverpool vs Man United
>a single league fixture among 38 other league games, that play between half a dozen to 20 or so cup games (depending on performances)

One of the basic reasons why Americans cannot understand 0-0 draws is because they're used to seeing only 16 games in a single handegg season while football clubs (especially teams in the top half) here can expect to play well up to 60 games and a 0-0 result is just a passing moment.

(the other reason is that draws allow unfancied teams to have something to play for when they are heavily expected to lose a game.)

>touted as the Super Bowl of yurop
You missed the point of that tweet completely.
Liverpoo-Man utd was just a regular game , albeit between two big teams, but it wasn't the biggest game of the season, and still got 6 times the watchers of the "super" bowl

>He can't appreciate a 0-0 draw
Fucking plebs

I think you just got rused

>0-0 draw
>only the team lower in the table gets a point
>implying this isn’t objectively better for the sport
>tfw yuros are too stubborn to implement this rule

City v United will be a better derby. Celtic v Rangers is a better derby by this point

>One of the basic reasons why Americans cannot understand 0-0 draws

No, Americans don't "understand" any kind of draw, because the point of any sporting competition is to win. Play until there's a fuckin' winner (and don't just arbitrarily create some stupid minigame to expedite the process like the penalty shootout crap).

Yes, tie occasionally happen in football. And they're shit and piss people off.

>Hurr durr American

From what I've read, soccer never used to have tie. They continue play the next day if needed. It seems the tie was accepted in order to make the sport more viewer/tv friendly.

>expecting anything else from mou

Sorry but it's not superior, it's cringy. Men in tiny shorts running with tiny helmets and a tiny stick, trying to get a tiny ball
Not dribbling, no shooting, no heading, and there is too much scoring. Not mentionning the stupid double goals that Irish love so much
Divegrass is far superior, and doesn't require much apparel

nobody cares if you don't like football

>market of 7 billion for divegrass
>market of 350 million for hand egg

1 in 3 watched the Superb Owl, 1 in 10 watched the divegrass game. If NFL was actually marketed and broadcast globally then it would be a better comparison. It's like asking why fewer people watch AFL than the Olympics.

>what is proportion of world population
end your life

how do you play for 90+ minutes and not manage to score one goal? that's absolutely pathetic. can you name any other sport where professional teams are routinely incapable of scoring points?

thats the most retarded thing ive ever read

What's wrong with a scoreless draw? Only americans can't comprehend the concept

Idk it seems like a good idea to me

ties are fucking boring and for semen-slurpers like yourself

that’s because european men have the same mentality as women

>Why did DiveKick take off and not that? You guys chose like the worst sport to come from the continent. Don't get it.

Name posting so continentals don't "American" me.

That said, soccer (we call it that too) took off through Brit imperialism and the fact any uncoordinated frail Yuropoor or 3rd worlder can play it. Yuros, even the Brits, don't have the coordination nor analytic ability to play hurling or even GAA.

Bout it really. Soccer is the dog's breakfast if you ask me.

>not tolerating teams that are on par
You must have a hard time following chess then. Association football is the human version of chess, and like chess it has draws/ties, sometimes the players/teams neutralize each other

>poorball executives proud of having more shitskins infesting their stadiums than burgers

>because the point of any sporting competition is to win
Yes a team does indeed win the league. As much as I dislike Mourinho's tactics, its often wise for a title challenger to play for a draw in the away games against other big sides, as was seen today (still though, Liverpool have a poor defence and he didn't bother to attack.) Like I said, there are more than twice as many fixtures in a league here compared to how many there are in a single handegg season, so nobody cares in the long run if a game ends in a 0-0 here and there.

>From what I've read, soccer never used to have tie. They continue play the next day if needed.
There have always been draws, the first ever international fixture (1872) ended in a draw and they just ended it there.

Otherwise its a mixture - the Community Shield here used to be 'shared' if the final ended in a draw (it's effectively a friendly so nobody cares), while some cup competitions used to replay the final if it ended in a draw (now they just play to ET and penalty shootouts). The FA Cup still has replays for when a game ends in a draw - the problem with replays is that fixture lists as much more congested these days.

that would just encourage the smaller team to play even more in a defensive formation

>it's more watched only because more people watch it

It's worth it for all the butthurt. You cocksuckers deserve this shit game. Didn't you watch the same game last season? Don't you know who Mourinho is? Don't you know how good Liverpool are on the counterattack? Don't you know games after international breaks are lower in quality? Stupid, stupid fucks.

About 600 million of those are third worlders watching in mud huts and shitting streets, still getting cucked by the ghost of the British Empire.

>these casuals that have never heard of Mourinho

>ends 0-0

And? Dumb burgerposter needs cheerleaders and fireworks because he's too stupid to understand the actual game

Played both, Pierre. Hurling requires significantly more skill and fitness than soccer. The reason for the double scoring it to prevent the subject of this thread - those retarded ties you love so much.

No shooting? Hurling revolves around shooting, and at up to true speeds of 100mph with a hard ball that can kill you.

>Hurling requires significantly more skill and fitness than soccer

>Association football is the human version of chess,

This is why I loathe divegrass fans as much as the Yanks. Soccer isn't as complex as chess, no sport really is. In addition to that, there's about 200 sports out there with the same essential design as soccer. There is absolutely nothing unique about men running around a field trying to kick, hit, slap a ball into a goal.

Ties are stupid in chess, too. Chess isn't exempt from criticism just because it has a long history and an "intellectual" reputation.

Nothing. Except if the game was truly autistic like an Atletico-Chelsea is expected to be. Otherwise, 0-0's in football are thousands better than the shitty superbowl

>No points scored, no winner
Ah, the perfect sport for the tepid, effeminate yuro. There's always next time, huh?

>t. literally still in the empire

Reaction images aren't an argument.

A better question is why are soccer fans ok with a draw? The game is boring enough as it is, I can't even imagine having to sit through 90 minutes of it and not even have the satisfaction of a victory or the disappointment of a loss at the end. How the fuck do you even banter after a tie? Someone has to be on the receiving end.

t. I just got interested in sports
association football requires as much skill as chinese circus juggler

>everyone talking about sports
>american immediately brings gender politics

jesus fuck off to reddit

>Reaction images aren't an argument.

You sound like a child. It's like if you play chess, can't win but don't play for the draw and end up losing. Grow the fuck up, you immature American cunt. Absolute simpletons, your lot.

Both teams lose with a draw, they both lose points and other teams overtake them in the leauge.

>association football requires as much skill as chinese circus juggler

Qualitative responses are also not an argument.

You trying running full speed, while fighting off defenders, and hit a small on a dead run with a small stick with pinpoint accuracy from 60m out.

Anyone can kick a ball and juggle it mate.

despite the draw, united are still title contenders, liverpool on the other hand will be lucky to finish in the top 4

>Anyone can kick a ball and juggle it mate.

>
>Pretending the biggest sport on earth is shit because you can't deal with the fact that you're shit at it.
>wanting so bad to be part of it that you stole the name of it for ur "handegg" abomination
>Having to watch fat dudes slam against each other every week because that's what your country is all about : being fatter than ur oponent and slamming harder against him.

I know not being brought up in it changes your perception but goddamn americans are so cringe when they talk about football.

>losing to Tomato & Tomato

>It's like if you play chess,

>muh chess.

Chess isn't some mythical standard of what a game/sport should be.

This. Americans won't comprehend this level of long term strategy because their short-termist "RESULTS NOW!" ADHD-addled brains can't understand it.

You post this like it should make me mad. The US missing the world cup takes divegrass off of network TV for at least the next 2 years. Best day of my life tbqh.

Is soccer, dare I say it, the Rick and Morty of sports?

Why would you allow a match to be played where literally nothing happens? Soccer should have timidity penalties. If you fucking pass it backwards more than twice in 30 seconds the other team gets the ball.

>I'm a cultured, intelligent european who appreciates a good draw

Holy shit, I even stated I'm name posting to prevent you retards from coming back with cliched old "handegg" argument.

I'm talking hurling and Gaelic vs. soccer. Keep up.

>implying all NFL games arent riddled with Kneel-kneels

What about war then? Should you throw away lives foolishly and over-risk disaster? You need to be a man and just charge headlong into battle without thinking because that's what men do, just act according to nature eschew all wisdom and experience? FUCK OFF.

That was the Big Bang Theory of comparisons

>Playing for a tie is considered a deep long term strategy in Yurop

No. Rick and Morty's actually okay if you can get over the rabid fanbase. Divegrass is shit through and through.

>hurling and Gaelic vs. soccer
Yeah, can't play for a draw in hurling and Gaelic. It's too high scored to satisfy the ADHD riddled brains of the Irish. Nothing to do with the participants of the sport, everything to do with the sport itself.

Sports aren't war either mate.

>incredibly popular
Yes

>more skill
What can this possibly mean. Messi is an unfit midget who is worth millions because his skill levels are off the charts. But even he hasn't maxed out football skill. It's effectively infinite until people can run at full speed with the ball stuck to their foot like it was glued on. The same can be said of hurling.

I'm sure the mediocre football you played was shit, and you didn't try as hard compared to the game you obviously prefer, but 'more skill' is just a load of bollocks.

You go to play those when you can't make it in football.

Mate, your actual national sports are rugby and cricket, both of which end up in significantly higher scores than hurling.

Those sports are also superior.

600m more people still preferred to watch this than the hand egg """""world championship"""""""""" game.

Wow, you're too stupid to recall what your earlier point was. Discarded.

>why don't people play for draws in rugby and cricket?

It's the other way around in Ireland actually. The kids too soft and spastic wound up playing soccer.

Once the soccer lot stepped on the hurling pitch and saw balls flying at them at 130kph, that was it and they scooted off back to soccer where they could jog around and softly kick a ball.

>get BTFO by TNT
>your sport is stupid and boring, guys

The impact wouldn't be significant with the smaller sides. They would still get the same number of points from a draw under the new system as they would in the old one. It wouldn't make playing for a draw against the top sides any more attractive than at present.

The difference would be in the big games. In a title race, a draw would actually favour the chasing side as it would enable the chasers to close the gap with the leaders albeit more marginally than with a win.

In terms of implementation, though, you would need to put in some basic rules to make the rule change meaningful. The new rule wouldn't apply in the first 10 games of any season (when rankings can be volatile) or in games between sides that have less than 2 points between them (in order to prevent leapfrogging a title rival on the last day of the season by drawing against them).

>Wow, you're too stupid to recall what your earlier point was. Discarded.

No I'm not. You're implying that high scoring sports are for people with ADHD who can't "intellectually appreciate" the subtlety of a 0-0 draw and low scoring sports. I'm simply saying that most of your sports, which are quite popular there, are higher scoring than our sports, so you and your ADHD argument have no ground to stand on.

too bad it'll never be marketed and broadcast globally because no on outside North America gives a fuck

They score more points tho bro.
Sometimes 6 "six" in one go! Wow. So much more going on in cricket and rugby!!.

Im going to invent a sport where evey second your a fat shit you score 4 points.
If you are eating wile been a fat shit its another 2 extra points and if you can scrach your fat ass at the same time you dubble them.
Sounds exciting yea, Americlaps?

>It's the other way around in Ireland actually
>in Ireland.

Not saying much there mate. Ireland not known for its sporting prowess. Also now you've moved to it just been "tough".

Because it's not marketed or accessible outside of north america. It's a chicken-egg situatiom

It's more than just marketing and broadcasting. It's a cultural thing. You can't recruit new fans in foreign countries with a product that goes on for 4 hours but only features 11 minutes of real action. Even over here, where the NFL has a niche audience, when games are broadcast on Channel 4 the ad breaks are almost entirely replaced by punditry and analysis in order to stop viewers from switching off. Your diehard sports fan can sit through that but most people can't.

For the NFL to reach a global audience it needs to be sped up. The play needs to be made a lot more continuous. Otherwise it will struggle to hold people's attention. The problem, of course, is that the NFL makes a fuckton of money from extended ad breaks in the lucrative US market so it's disincentivised from making the changes necessary to increase the sport's global reach.

It's a shame because I actually think it's an enjoyable sporting product - especially when you do compressed viewing.

Was meant for

Its well known that the Superbowl attracts millions of casuals.

Meanwhile only serious football fans follow league fixtures.

>Because it's not marketed or accessible outside of north america.

I don't want to spend my Sunday watching a bunch of niggers kneel for 10 minutes.

only casuals don't understand the tactical brilliance of a 0-0 away mourinho masterclass

Because both professional teams have professional defenders and goalkeepers

Lmao think of what you just said you casual faggot. Liverpools defense has been one of the worst in the top 10 of the table

>with a product that goes on for 4 hours but only features 11 minutes of real action.

Seems like you're willing to have an intelligent discussion about sports here. Nice.

Anyone, even Americans are losing tolerance for the commercials, but we're simply too invested and enjoy the sport itself to really boycott the product (kneeling controversies aside). And they're also able to slip commercials by because most Americans watch the NFL socially, so when the ads come on, you talk and interact with the people and don't really notice them. I'm not excusing their existence, just explaining why "it's not a problem" for most casual viewers even though it should be one.

That said, I hate the "11 minutes" meme. Why does every sport have to resemble the common "goal sport" design (guys continuously running around the field trying to place a ball into something)? American football has a different pace and essential game design via the down structure. Also, the anticipation and tension pre-snap is just as engaging as any on field "action." I wouldn't want the sport to compromise its personal aesthetic to appease the soccer audiences around the world.

Limit commercials? Totally agree, though.