how the hell was this supposed to sound like a bass guitar

Attached: tb303big.jpg (1167x609, 113K)

it did in the 80s but now the air pressure is different due to global warming

Because normies don't hear the bass anyway

made me chuckle

if you wanna sound like a bass guitar just use a bass guitar

Kek

this is an interesting phenomena and i don't understand it

laptop speakers dont pick up enough bass frequencies for normies to hear the difference

epic

You virgins sound like killjoys that sperg out, cry, roll on the the floor slamming your head on the wall whenever you hear someone likes stuff like trap and other non-"patrician" music genres. You wonder why girls are frightened by your creepy mannerisms and glassy souless stare, which then gets quickly interupted when she makes eye contact, then you just stare down at the ground looking at you converse/vans/new balance shoes.

So is the life of a "patrician" I guess, being unwanted at any place you go and seeking solace on hiveminds like Sup Forums with other seething bitter resentful incels who all listen to the same garbage and never stray too far from whatever is on the charts posted here. You people disgust me and I could see you types of people out in public, timid, gross unathletic body, low voice, never make eye contact, and have outbursts of narcissism every now and then. You should exterminated from human society.

Attached: 1517153477703.jpg (944x693, 97K)

this is an interesting phenomena and i don't understand it

are you having a breakdown user

This is a thread for music discussion.

Electronic pianos from 1982 don't sound anything like pianos either, and drum machines don't sound anything like drums. Analog imitative synthesis is really, really bad.

Kinda missing the point though. This thing was marketed as a replacement for a bass guitar when playing solo at home. It didn't get picked up and used for acid till after they ceased production of the things

With the power of imagination.

You sound like the kind of user to sperg out, cry, roll on the floor slamming your head on the wall whenever you hear someone that likes noise and other "patrician" music genres. You wonder why girls are frightened by your creepy mannerisms and glassy souless stare, which then gets quickly interupted when she makes eye contact, then you just stare down at the ground looking at you converse/vans/new balance shoes.

So is the life of a "normie" I guess, being unwanted at any place you go and seeking solace on hiveminds like /lit/ with other seething bitter resentful incels who all read the same garbage and never stray too far from whatever is on the threads posted here. You people disgust me and I could see you types of people out in public, timid, gross unathletic body, low voice, never make eye contact, and have outbursts of narcissism every now and then. You should exterminated from human society.

i don't think any roland product ended up being used as intended. it's not like they could have predicted it either. "hey everyone, buy this thing and make acid. what's acid? you tell us!"

this sounds like the Sup Forums version of "Admit It!"

Human hearing is most attuned to mid frequencies around 200-500 as far as I remember without looking. Probably because speech is focused in this area, and maybe environmental threats like predator sounds, sticks breaking, etc., are in this range. High frequencies are more physically irritating, and also are much more effectively located in space by the ear/brain/nervous system. So, mids and highs both draw more attention to themselves.

Bass is also more difficult to hear for various reasons. It's very hard to locate bass frequencies in space. It's also more difficult to discern pitch at low frequencies, especially in low frequencies with few overtones, like a simple, subby bass sound. It gets harder and harder as the frequency gets lower.

Also, fundamental bass frequencies commonly found in music sit very near the lower threshold of hearing, whereas the highest fundamental note frequencies you would typically hear in music are well below the upper threshold of hearing. C0 is 16hz, which is below the threshold of human hearing at 20hz (what you're hearing when you hear C0 is overtones which your brain reconstructs into an illusion of hearing the pitch, very interesting phenomenon, there are lots of videos and things on this kind of thing). B8, one octave higher than the highest full octave on a piano, would almost never be used in any kind of regular music, and is only around 8000hz, well below the 20,000 hz (or more realistically 15,000+/- for most people above a young age) threshold. Because bass notes sit so close to the threshold of hearing, a lot of them exist in this weird zone where it gets very hard to discern pitch or location or even loudness. This is probably a major reason why it's common for people to have very little ability to pick out bass from a full piece of music.

Not a coincidence that the bassists who people actually do talk about - Geddy Lee, Billy Squire, Flea, etc. - all use sounds with substantial mid or treble content.

*meant Chris Squire. Embarrassing.