Confess your Sup Forums sins!

Confess your Sup Forums sins!

>I find almost all of David Bowie's songs to be intolerable, unmusical shouting

Attached: young pope.jpg (1180x842, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_sEwfXSWso
youtube.com/watch?v=Hkyp6HCqrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=JhZqsYkl1zI
youtube.com/watch?v=0KKMUxn8FZI
youtu.be/AZka3E37k6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wu tang clan is garbage.

As a prog rock lover, I can't stand Rush.

Attached: 1492453454885.jpg (682x382, 135K)

the smiths fucking suck

The only thing worse than Joy Division's music is Joy Division's fans

Prog rock is overrated the only good band is King Crimson.

That's the objective truth though. David Bowie was another industry product except enginnered to appear as the rebellious opposition instead of the trite pop star which he was.
He was also featured on the Space-X fake garbage because some of his songs are space propaganda to entertain people that are bored of football with sci-fi thinking.
Just like all the other messiahs and hero icons the system shoves into everyone's throat. That's why "normalfags" get especially melodramatically sad when a false icon dies even though they were not particulary fans in the first place. They're programmed to behave this way.

As for answering your question I would consider The Beatles all of the above except so manufactured and promoted through brainwashing that make little Mr. Bowie appear as the most genuine artist ever.

Also these posts are spot on as well.

>unmusical
what do you mean by this?

Try to whistle Starman, for example. Or Heroes.

are you autistic? both of those songs have strong melodies

so your definition of musical is if you can whistle it?
do you not listen to any complex music at all? i mean, starman and heroes aren't even complex songs in the first place though. i'm not able to whistle myself but i don't know why you wouldn't be able to whistle either of those songs. they are made out of notes which form a melody. whistling makes notes. whistle the same notes as the songs and you've got it.

This is a confession thread - no judgement. We are all equal in the eyes of Mozart.

this is bait, right?

also yeah, what this user said. a big part of the reason starman and heroes are some of the most popular songs of today are because their melodies are so memorable and emotionally resonant.

Most David Bowie songs are just him shouting the words. If you take that away there's nothing there. If you want to play it on a piano, there's nothing there but the backing.

i am definitely judging you

this sentence is not a criticism, all you said was that there is a vocal melody and an instrumental melody. that's all. This has to be bait

you can play a vocal melody on a piano too by the way. because its made out of notes that form a melody like i said before.

I can't whistle. Does that mean that all music is unmusical? Should I kill myself for not being able to enjoy music because of the inability to whistle while I work?

>Should I kill myself

Yes.

Syre is a pleasant album to listen to.

Radiohead fucking sucks

Kate Bush is a fucking lunatic.

I'm pretty sure you have some sort of mental deficiency, retard.

who denies this?

Middle aged Guardian writers.

ok, what's a good Bowie song for people to whistle along to at my funeral?

Life on Mars

Was watching a nice piano cover of that song earlier. Too bad you can't play Bowie songs on piano because he just shouts words and has no melody.
youtube.com/watch?v=W_sEwfXSWso

Absolute kino

guess im not the only one that enjoyed it

Life on Mars is the only exception.

What about instrumentals ?
youtube.com/watch?v=Hkyp6HCqrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=JhZqsYkl1zI
They sure don't have melody

Not real David Bowie if it doesn't have him shouting over the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=0KKMUxn8FZI

Never got into the 2000's emo scene but I used to hear those pop punk emo bands when that was the thing back then becuase I genuinely liked them

I'm still hearing to some of these songs for the nostalgia
youtu.be/AZka3E37k6w

i act like most of my friends have alright music taste, imagine dragons is hot fucking trash

I like the first Tokyo Hotel single
can't remember the name
it is quite catchy

I am unable to listen to classics like:
my bloody valentine - loveless
arcade fire - funeral
G!ybe - LYSFLATH
G!ybe - F#A#infinity
wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot
Anything weezer made
Pavement - Slanted and enchanted
Magnetic Fields - 69 love songs
the list goes on

Because 90% of these suck

I know, thats why i fucking hate em, but a lot of people here seem to love em

>I unironically think st anger is Metallicas best album
>I really enjoyed One More Light as an album. Even before Chester an hero'd and gave it "heavy" overtones.

this.
after i tell them that "im really into music", I put on some realllyyyyy accessible stuff like the books, or nmh, they just cringe and say "yea let me put on something better :) " continues with some 30 second to mars or bring me the horizon :((((((((((((((((((

Mbv, Yankee Hotel foxtrot, are actually great. The rest are good or even just ok especially black emperor that’s more cult worship than anything, pavement is pretty good

Bloodhound gang>weezer

Mfw 30 seconds to mars I unfortunately saw them l once at festival and they fucking got booed off the stage.

Attached: IMG_3727.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Trough the monsoon
It is yes.

I don't like any of the Sup Forums core bands. Grimes, Death Grips, Swans, nmh, it all sounds like garbage to me.
I'm not trying to be contrarian or anything because my taste in general is pretty trash, I enjoy the most trite powermetal. How sad is that.
I feel like I have terrible taste in music.

>and they fucking got booed off the stage

How was that?

Most derivatives of experimental rock (noise rock, post-rock, math rock, etc) are shit

Go to bed Pierro

>arcade fire - funeral
>wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot
>Pavement - Slanted and enchanted
>Magnetic Fields - 69 love songs
S&E had a couple decent songs but yeah for the most part I agree. Tasteless noise pop for the flat and the boring

bieber is not ageing well.

Christ, shut up.

I unironically love Paramore.

t. Beatles fangirls

Most of people on Sup Forums have fucking garbage taste in music.
I fucking hate indie.

alt rock is trash too.

>Most of people on Sup Forums have fucking garbage taste in music
e g g y

poptimism is real

I once created a thread asking suggestions where to download music.

you are either a supreme retard or this is excellent bait, either way fuck you.

In the Court of the Crimson King sounds boring and dated to me

Judas Priest isn't that great

The Cure and Siouxsie & The Banshees both suck

Grimes is annoying

Dashboard Confessional had some good stuff

I don't automatically hate artists I don't enjoy.

no shame in that

>In the Court of the Crimson King sounds boring and dated to me

more influential and progressive for its time than good, period

eggy ?

Same. Also I've never seen the big appeal of Pink Floyd. Genesis with Phil is the only tolerable Genesis for me

>i fucking despise Arcade Fire, always has, they are H&M-core "indie" rock
>Algernon Cadwallader are better than any of the 90's midwest emo bands
>i hate MPP, it only has like two good songs
>Centipede Hz is my favorite AnCo album

Attached: 1504302026833.jpg (480x473, 28K)

the beatles should've broken up after revolver

It's possible to whistle Heroes. Your examples aren't very effective.

I agree with some of these. I see the musical merit of a lot of them, but they aren't interesting to me. YHF and Funeral are the exceptions, I love them.

Nothing wrong with appreciating a different style. Not everyone wants lush, grandiose arrangements. Some people just wanna rock hard. There are some solid power metal bands; Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Helloween, etc.

Cancerous fanbases, especially the pretentious ones on Sup Forums, ruin to an extent my enjoyment of an artist's work.

f# a# infinity is goddamn gold, i can't comprehend how you don't like it.

I think Hollywood Undead is good party music

I like them but they were also my gateway to prog. I can understand why you wouldn't like them if they weren't your introduction to the genre, especially if you've only heard their more arena-rocky stuff.

I still listen to Future's FUTURE. I hate most other trap tho

Good post desu.

This behaviour is especially prominent in boomers because they hit the sweet spot of growing up with mass media but without the internet.

I'm not that into music, I've only listened to 30 albums.

me too, dont know if its geddy lee's voice or i just cant get into them

i love korn

1: They ***might*** just really dislike those
2: you don't have to "enlighten" normies. Some people are just either not really into music, or straight out refuse to look outside their zone

As a prog rock lover, I can't stand ELP.

I can't listen to Green Day, it's sounds like an addict is drooling on a microphone

Black Sabbath is some of the most boring classic rock I've heard.

I listen to music through Audacity.

Most people on here have a very bad taste in music on purpose just to be different me included

>through the monsoon
thank you
the Sup Forumscore stuff is just memes
death grips in particular. "edge" to be cool

the first the used album is fucking great

i like prog but i can't stand rush or genesis and i can only barely stand yes