Sup Forumsstros!

>quintana vs Kershaw

Lol it's as if the Cubs are trying to burn this game and just regroup on game 2

Dodgers win 6-1 cheeky home run off Kershaw in top of 5th

those all look so scrumptious

youtube.com/watch?v=A9XtDyDUjIU

i would lick her strawberry
if you know what i mean

Today that pesky manlet wil learn. He'll be stopped and the >yaks will tie the series!

I would fill dat empty cone with refreshing cream iykwim

hey guys remember when this happened? fuckin crazy..

Not gonna lie, former Red Sox fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching the Yankees crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this team win another ring.

LMAO

I actually don't remember so thanks for posting

>This is fucking hilarious watching the Yankees crash and burn.
>The Yankees losing by one run to a team that won 10 more games than them is crashing and burning

It's such a shame that a better team like Cleveland misses out on the playoffs because of an unfortunate injury that went unnoticed
Yankees are one of the least deserving CS participators ever

>giving yourself mouth cancer
Baka

This. I'm so fucking tired of retarded ass Yankees fans acting like a 3 win streak is anywhere as impressive as a 22 game win streak. Bandwagon fucks didn't even watch baseball this year.

Is this the first time that all four biggest cities in the US are playing in the divisional championship games?

huh neat thought
imma steal ur thought and look like the guy-with-interesting-thing-to-say at all of the baseball games now

>Falling for a false flag
Jokes aside the Yankees are trying a lot but their team has flaws. Astros have very very limited amount of flaws pitching, batting, catching, or fielding

Corey Seager not playing today.

damn, if only I wasn't a loner and had people to be interesting to..

Who's a better MVP tho
Altuve or Judge

Altuve as MVP would send the wrong message to America's kids, they might decide not to grow tall

Judge is the only choice, so that kids can make the right decision about what height they should be

The age of manlets could be the great equalizer

Imagine a world of baseball where every team has a cute lil 4'3" speed midget blasting hits for .346 BA

That may be so, but if my future sons ever tell me they've decided not to grow past 5'0" when they grow up, I would probably leave all my wives and find a new harem to produce smarter children than that.

Regular season play alone id take Judge. He hit around 280, 52 homers and over 100 rbis. Led the league in walks and was somewhere near the top in runs scored. Granted the insane amount of strikeouts is a big drawback I admit but given everything else he brings to the table I'll take him.

Aaron Judge being tall won the Yankees the DS

Injuns desu

Kluber got clobbered but You're loyal to your team, I'll give you that

Judge definitely played it smart on that one

Meh, the Astros aren't as unstoppable as people think they are. The Indians were definitely the more complete team. The Astros entire infield is a minus on defense, although I will acknowledge that Bregman and Gurriel have too small of sample sizes to really determine if they'll stay bad defensively. Their outfield has average defense, this season assuming they put Marwin Gonzalez in LF instead of Beltran or Gattis. McCann put up terrible defensive metrics the past two seasons, and his bat isn't good enough to make up for it.

The Astros bullpen isn't the best, which means they absolutely need their starters to perform well and deep into games every game. They do have the benefit of having Keuchel and Verlander in their rotation though, because they are both Yankee killers.

The Astros offensive is definitely their strongest asset right now, and it'll be vital for the Yankees to shut them down if they want any chance of winning. The brightside for the Yankees is that they have a great bullpen, Tanaka has been on the upswing, Severino looks like a legitimate ace, and CC has been serviceable for them this season. Gray has been a bit of a disappointment though. This should be a good series, regardless of who wins.

How do I watch the Astros game today?

>The entire Astros infield is a Minus
Bregman, Correa, Altuve, Yuli are a minus on infield defense?

He's not in the NLCS roster. His back is hurting him since game 3 monday.

It's on Fox. Just turn on your TV and it'll be on Fox. The rest will be on FS1

Pretty sure Altuve and Correa have been league average defensively and Bregman is a stud.

Enjoy your cancer retard

This.

Though I do agree on our Bullpen not being as complete as I'd want it. Our defense is what won yesterday's game.

How do White Sox fans feel about seeing Chris Sale eliminated but Jose Quintana advancing on?

Hard to feel bad for Sale when he pitched that bad, and I like Q more than I dislike the Cubs so I hope he does well.

The Cubs advancing at all with how lucky they've been is frustrating. The fact that Q is on the team is an afterthought.

Does that mean he can't play the whole series?

They all have negative UZRs. Correa's defense has improved since his rookie season, but that's not saying much because his UZR was Jeter-tier then. Altuve has only ever had one season with a positive UZR (2015), but he's been negative the rest of his career which suggests that 2015 was an outlier. Bregman has a negative UZR, but to be fair it usually takes two full seasons at a position before you have a good sample size on how good they are on defense. His stats weren't that good at 3B though. Gurriel also needs a larger sample size before for sure calling him a minus, but he had the worst UZR of any starting Astros player this season, and I doubt he'll improve much since he's almost in his mid-30's now.

If the Cubs can't take advantage of all the luck and umpire mismanagement they've had to win another championship, I think we should revoke their 2016 title and bring back the Ottoman memes.

> Cubs getting umpball and bad managing to win
Cubs had far more errors in the series and they had to deal with maddon memeing all over the place with his pitching """"""""matchups"""""""".

> game 2 puts Edwards in to get btfo
> game 4 pulls Lester to put Edwards in and get btfo.

Well whatever the sabermetric may be, I'm anticipating good baseball. Been watching the Astros since spring training and usually they can lock the infield down tight and work double plays all day. Yesterday was the first time in month(s) I've seen Altuve have a fielding error.

So how many strikeouts will judge get this time, english man?

> defensive metrics in baseball
> reliable

>equating errors and bad managing with bad luck
Maybe they're not that good?

There's a little more to good defense than not making errors (Jeter very rarely made errors), but other than that I agree with you. If both teams perform the way though should, I think this'll go to Game 7.

> Seager is kill

Why are the cubbies so lucky all of a sudden? This shit sucks.

They're the best thing we have, and Correa and Altuve have never put up good defensive metrics. The eye test and fielding percentage are a lot less reliable at determining how good a fielder is than metrics are.

who and who?

Yankees have proven they won't go down without a fight and regular season records go out the window in post season (Indians). Honestly, yesterday's game was intense and I like that intensity. I'm pulling for the Astros but I'm not going to be cocky and call it a sweep.

No one is saying they are good, but its pretty obvious to all that they are average/solid in the infield.

I'm interested to see how Verlander and Severino pitch today. They're both going to be vital if they want their teams to advance

Yes.

>its pretty obvious
According to what? Your feelings?

Severino won't last 3 innings. He's the type of pitcher Astros hitters feast on.

Expecting a high scoring game.

Literally everyone on here besides you UZR guy agrees. Relying so heavily on defensive metrics in Baseball is stupid, even the stat heads agree.

Bregs best quality is his fielding but you tried to tell us the entire infield is a minus cause of muh UZR.

Yes, stat heads agree that defensive metrics are unreliable. They don't think that the eye test, or in your case, popularity test is a better alternative though.

win for the Dodgers tonight, even though Kershaw will show signs of choking under pressure

nada, never tried it.

Well whatever, let's just agree to disagree. You make it seem like I said they were good or anything.

If he can be as impressive as Tanaka, Yankees could seal a W and that will definitely make it a 7 game series.

Tanaka was fucking impressive. Keuchel was very impressive but I expected that kind of badassery. The Astros have crushed Tanaka in the past but Tanaka did excellent.

If it weren't for Marwin Gonzalez and slightly less offense than the Astros, Tanaka could've gotten the W.

> Post terrible fucking idea unironically

I despise the Yaks too, but the post-season is more important than the reg season. 22 straight wins during reg season is cool but I'd take 11 straight wins during the playoffs any day.

I think they can do some shenanigans where they can put a replacement in and then if Seager is good to go banish that guy to the DL so he can't play in the WS, if they get there

This senpai. The only thing that matters during the regular season from a team perspective, is that the team wins their division. That's it.

losedians

The Astros have more playoff wins this year than the Dodgers.

btfo

>Baez left off the roster this time
Doyer bullpen is better now

He's only gone in the NLCS. They can pit him back in for the WS if they make it.

I'm going to lmfao if the dodgers get umpballed and the Cubs go to WS

Give me the quick rundown on Anthony Recker.

fucking kill yourself please

What's his end game?

To make us all queer for that phat ass

umpball is literally the only way the dodgers could lose the series

nope

Umpball is literally the only reason the Cubs are in the NLCS.

I know this is your first time following a baseball team ever, but the Cubs are not that great

>muh umpball
>the absolute state of doyerfags

Also
>Samefagging this hard
This board needs IDs

>implying I'm a fan of a playoff team
>implying it is incorrect to state that the umps gifted the Cubs game 5 with THREE (3) game altering bad/no calls

>samefagging
>posts within 60 seconds of each other
Cubs bandwagon in full effect.

try again, sweetie

Im not a Cubs fan, you're pretty fucking stupid if you don't think even the worst teams can beat the best teams in a series. THe Cubs aren't as good as the Dodgers but that doesn't mean they can't win

Did the Yankees need umpball to beat the Indians? Stupid faggot

>straight long cut
I bet you like the same type of cock in your mouth

No, but the Cubs needed umpball to beat the Nationals.

>the Indians
ahahah they STINK