Thoughts on this Sup Forums? How does it compare to similar artists/albums?

Thoughts on this Sup Forums? How does it compare to similar artists/albums?

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1600, 56K)

ok computer is better

Agree.

Saturday Night Wrist is better.

Wrong

in my top 10 favorite albums of all time.
yeah agree to disagree.

YOU MADE ME TOUCH THE MACHINE

NEW MURDERRERRRR

There are only really a few nu metal moments on here. It's definitely better than any other alt/nu metal band that was popular around the same time. I'd compare it maybe to Make Yourself by Incubus.

yeah, make yourself was pretty decent.

Great Sup Forumsmetal album. Deftones are a really great band and I enjoy all of their stuff, but I suppose White Pony is the breakout album for them.

It's the equivalent of the following other albums from that era:

Lateralus, Californication, OK Computer, Toxicity, Mellon Collie

I'll be super sad when they finally call it quits ;_;

It's a great album. It has obvious post-hardcore and shoegaze influences, but it isn't really either of those. So when you ask how it compares to albums like it, I don't really know how to answer - it's big, atmospheric, heavy, and dynamic. It would be the greatest nu metal album ever made by far, except that it isn't really nu metal.

If you like it, I recommend Quicksand and Hum.

>post-hardcore
this wasn't even a thing back then.

>what is At The Drive In

Yes it fucking was, you fucking retard.
Fugazi, Quicksand, Jawbox, The Nation of Ulysses, NoMeansNo, Drive Like Jehu, Refused... how retarded are you?

Literally Around the Fur for soyboys

You're thinking of 'nu metal'. Post-hardcore isn't some revisionist term created by the media

How is that relevant

Nu metal was around back then too.

But it wasn't actually a term people used in real life outside of Kerrang Magazine, unlike post-hardcore which bands referred to themselves as all the time

true...

Is v good. Actually kinda pleasantly shocked new/mu/ is this cool with the tones

They definitely were pretty far and away one of the most musically interesting groups to come out of nu-metal. Most of their discography is full of highlights and digging through their shit definitely scratched a major itch.

This has been one of my favorite albums over the past few months. Change followed up by Pink Maggit is probably one of the best pairs of songs to ever close off an album. Knife Party is also fantastic (just as said, check out Hum. Deftones were heavily influenced by them.)

great album, so obviously better than most of the 'nu'metal that was coming out at the time - my favourite part is that they shat out "back to school" 'cause the label wanted a big numetal single and even that was better than anything out at the time
thirding the hum rec, not super similar but you can definitely hear the influence and it's a great album on its own merits

Attached: downwardisheavenward.jpg (225x225, 10K)

post hardcore dates back to the 80s doofus.