Was this the most fucked up episode they made...

Was this the most fucked up episode they made? It was like they were in an extremely bad mood and wanted to make it unnecessarily cruel. Unless there's some hidden message I missed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G7LZbJhi6Fo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Avalanche–Detroit_Red_Wings_brawl
youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>unnecessarily cruel

that's called comedy

this episode is GOAT

>Remember Stan, win or lose...
>...those are your choices. Win... or loooooose.

*record scratch
STAAAAN MARSSHHHHH

Scott Tenorman must die is OTT cruel.

I liked it when they were making trashy shit like this. South park now is gay af.

the point they were trying to make is life is not a sports movie and things don't magically work out for everybody

That was literally the funniest episode of the season.

this was the funniest shit considering how many damn sport feel good flicks that were coming out at the time

Those were the most fucking based episodes
>hahahahahaha I made you eat your parents

>Mr. Garrison is depressed because his dad didn't molest him and that makes him feel unattractive

It would've been funnier if they gave the characters hope that they were gonna win, it was obvious from the beginning that it was gonna end up in a disaster.

Sunny did the same thing with Mac in season one. It's a fantastic episode.

If you wanna see the difference between funny and cruel listen to NWA's "a bitch iz a bitch" sung by ice cube followed by "One less bitch" made after ice cube left the band. The former is funny and the latter is completely humourless unironic mean spiritedness

Brilliant episode. I loved that the redemption at the end wasn't for Stan but for the other coach. Maybe in the future, Stan will make his father proud, but not this time.

South Park at its best.

This was when South Park was actually funny

You thinking lobster? HA! I'm thinking Booger Kang!

>redemption at the end wasn't for Stan but for the other coach

this

also the Red Wings players were making out with each other. Detroitfag here. didn't offend me, and I liked that they recognized the Avalanche/Red Wings rivalry.

youtu.be/G7LZbJhi6Fo

it was like Slap Shot IRL

Thats some quality hockey

This is the worst South Park episode in existence

How is this more fucked up than a retarded kid getting raped by a shark?

thats shock humor/cheap laughs
this was a parody on the sports film cliches where the sick kid gets better
in real life sick kids die
the episode is only a 5/10, its rick and morty tier

But the real heroes of the sports movie (Detroit Redwings) did win. Stan's group were the bad guys.

Britney's New Look, and the one where they burn their kindergarten teacher were more disturbing to me.

Stanley's Cup was funny and a good parody. Scott Tennorman, although shocking, was also quite funny. I like when Radiohead, Scott's favorite band, shows up and ridicules him for crying.

>Unless there's some hidden message I missed

They are from Colorado. For a few years Colorado and Detroit had a pretty intense rivalry in hockey. Lot's of cheap shots and dirty hits. Detroit was also a team notorious for playing dirty and getting away with it in general, that's what the commentary is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Avalanche–Detroit_Red_Wings_brawl

youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s

>listen to rap
No thanks I'm not a nigger.

It was just an inspirational hockey setup where everything went wrong.

GOAT character of the episode

i think everyone already knows this. nobody, realistically, thinks they live in a sports movie.

the entire philosophy of south park has been built off stone and parker being poorly-adjusted spergs that have built their entire world-views off popular culture suddenly realising, in their adult years, various obvious things about life everyone else had already worked out in their adolescence, and thinking they're profound for it

It's literally just a commentary on how shitty "feel good" sports movies and the like are. Those movies often portray a clear line between the winners and the losers, both morally and in their motives for winning, when irl everyone's just trying to win to prove something either to themselves or to others.

Britneys new look aired 3 weeks after i read The Lottery for the first time in a class. It made the episode more enjoyable

that horseshit except for a handful of episodes

IIIIIIIIT'S BRATNEY WAAAWWTCH

ayy retard, you ever seen any sports movie ever?

Whites are the largest consumers of rap music.

probably not proportionate to our numbers in the west

like with crime

the fact that he followed him around everywhere in the episode made it GOAT