Has cameo from industry legend

>has cameo from industry legend
>can't think of anything better for him to do than sit silently staring. Creating an incredibly awkward and wierd sketch.

Do you think he knows he sucks? Or do you think he considers his garbage good

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrHfY-xJxU
youtube.com/watch?v=R_4UfX3Lw9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NC has, from a purely professional standpoint, actually gotten worse as time goes on. Everything he does looks like shit. Compare the production quality of his stuff to that of redlettermedia, which consists of less people on a smaller budget.

That's his stupid kind of humor. You should know enough about that considering you spam this fat fuck every day.
He was decent when he just mocked dumb clips from films but now he is literally unwatchable. I would have to avert focus if I was forced to watch.

Sorry for spamming, Ive just been wanting to talk shit about him for months. Can't you understand?

This year is Nostalgia Critic's tenth anniversary. Yep, a decade of Doug. And half of it is the versions with skits, because Demo Reel is five years old.

>Oh hey I'm gonna film today
>Well, are you gonna clean this place up before you do it?
>What?

Why is getting shittier? Why are his older reviews so much better? Its actually the same with jontron. For some reason when these dudes get money they start sucking.

I'm not sure how he became popular in the first place. His humor, style and mannerisms are all so insufferable that I can't even call it reddit-tier.

It's just amateur. Hackneyed and uninspired. Everything he does good is immediately undermined by the bad and he undeserved sense of accomplishment.

His "I quit" video basically sums up the kind of ego he has while putting minimal effort in proportion to his ambitions.

I don't think he's a bad person or anything, but he doesn't seem to appreciate the hard work and talent that's needed to actually be more than just a minor, washed out Youtube celebrity.

That he bet his future on this is just sad.

Yeah, but that is his stupid kind of humor. Make a statement in a loud voice or gasp at something.
Don't they make Anniversary movies?

I haven't watched any of his videos just based on his face alone lol. He looks annoying as fuck. I'm kind of disappointed that he's infecting AVGN more and more.

Im in this habbit of falling asleep to his videos because his old ones are pretty much like watching whatever movie he is reviewing. You get all the important plot points and the begining middle and end. He is one of the few people on youtube I think should get his videos taken down. He really is just stealing the movies.

Do people actually find it funny? My brother is literially mentally handicapped and he gets embarrassed watching it and leaves the room.

They haven't made an anniversary movie in years.

Most of his fanbase is from Tumblr and Tropes and Idioms and they're literally on the spectrum.

They get aspirations of professionalism and start running out of the high quality material that inspired them to begin with. This usually leads to less and less funny jokes and increased emphasis on skits and trying to build up their 'in-character universe'

I liked him back in the day but then I realized what I liked was what he was reviewing and not what he had to say

Yeah thats his only appeal, thats why so many people hate clipless reviews because people come for the movie not for his shtick

I thought he was funny when i was a kid

How old were you when you watched him?

>blocks your path

Give me a reason why you care?

If you can appeal to kids you can make a comfortable career with youtube videos. I was obsessed with him when I was like 10-14 and I can imagine most of his current fans are around that same age.

Doug is worse than Chris Stuckmann, who is now getting more views than Doug, even though Doug's sort of his boss.

>I'm not sure how he became popular in the first place.
He harassed James Rolfe until James couldn't ignore him anymore.

If he can pay the bills with that, power to him. It's not a crime. Not memeing here, but Forbes says if you want job security, make your own jobs. If kids watch it and he pays rent, cool. He isn't funny to me but I am not the target. I don't get mad at Sesame Street

I stopped watching anything he does some time ago. I don't have any idea, where he is at now.
The moment when I stopped watching was, when he started putting some 'making of NC' stuff or commentaries of the most recent episodes he did. I don't recall clearly but, one of those videos was he, his brother and their dad masturbating over how great the latest NC episode was.

At least at that point he considered his stuff great, inspiring, brilliant satire

>that tv effect
Nice photoshop skills Doug

Read the thread, ive been wanting to have a shit talking thread because ive been in the habit of turning on his videos when it's time to go to sleep

How is it that James can make some shitty AVGN episodes and a terrible movie but STILL be better that Douge?

Is there anyone in Channel Awesome who escaped unscathed? Who are the most destroyed?

He's a hack fraud

I think Todd's reviews are still pretty good.

Isnt nostalgia chick actually in the industry now?

Brad made it out alright I feel

Todd as a reviewer is alright.

I still watch his stuff from time to time.

You sound pretty sad then

Yep, I hear his Twitter is pretty cucked, and some of it leaks into his reviews, but I still like him. His opinions are interesting and entertaining.

>hear his Twitter is pretty cucked
Literally what does this even mean? Do you know?

He's been taking Trump's win pretty hard. I almost feel bad for him.

>Is there anyone in Channel Awesome who escaped unscathed?
All of them pretty much financially speaking.
Most of them opened Patreons and make enough money to not need any normal job.

mentally I'm not the one to judge.

the fact that most of them are on "on the right side of history" is another thing.

Oh, I see. So he has an opinion you don't like so he is "le cucked"? Right Sam. Likijg Trunp isn't even the edgey thing anymore so looks like you may need to change your tune again

>the fact that most of them are on "on the right side of history" is another thing.
You act like there has never been truth to this meme. Or that it can never be applied to anything

No, it's not that he disagrees with me, it's that he's gone into a deep depression because the wrong person won.

Many people and movements in history tried to sell this words, and I don't really recall any instance, when it played out the way it was intended.

I'm not delusional US probably make a terrible mistake, but the reaction to that may be even worse in the long run.

He was never decent, user.

When it was just a guy in front of a white wall talking over clips of movies it was fine but now that they're trying to direct whole shorts and skits around them it's juts terrible.

Just look at OP's screenshot. Look how horrible the lighting is, the disgusting green tint it has, look at how bad it makes his skin look. I don't know how you stay this amateur after so many years.

Oh, his name is Chris. That guy is a douche. Someone tell him to stop making that face.

It was basically the same format as MST3K or Rifftrax. A cutdown version of the movie with jokes and riffs throughout.

Once he decided he needed to involve other 'characters' things got messy. We didn't come for characters, hell Nostalgia Critic isn't even a character.

I don't blame him for wanting to move beyond artistically but it was attempting to add artistry to a format that worked as a simple novelty.

Is that why she takes forever to come out with videos? I think the last one she did was the crying about NAZIs and Thanksgiving video.

JonTron has gotten better tbqh.

Same. I laughed hard the first time I saw his animated Titanic video. The part where he makes fun of the rapping dog slayed me.

Now it's many years later and I couldn't laugh at one of his videos if I tried.

What can I say, you find different things funny when you're a kid. I watched Dane Cooks comedy special once and enjoyed it. Time changes us all.

According to that guy who worked on the Kickassia set, Doug is completely delusional thinks he's the next Spielberg.

I cannot believe that he not only still exists, but it is more popular now than ever. I stopped keeping up with these Channel Awesome guys once they started adding a new reviewer to the site every fucking week and started crossing over into each others videos. That circlejerk anniversary video (which was apparently nine years ago) was about the end of it for me.

Thank God. Even when I was watching Nostalgia Critic weekly those things seemed like someone filming a bad LARP.

The first one where it's just a brawl between him an AVGN was passable. All downhill from there.

I hate how it went from let's pick on this old bad movie where's the actually material to use to basically recreating movies they don't have under fair use to show clips from in a shitty college-esq movie reenactment

nobody wants a low budget recreation of a newer movie because you can't show the clips, isn't it called fucking 'nostalgia' critic for a reason

Why can't Doug make a normal expression?

Watch any part of Kickassia and tell me if anyone thinks that.

Fuck, just typing the word Kickassia is hurting me.

>he doesn't have nostalgia for movies he just watched
Fuck off pleb

I feel so, so, sorry for the two 'actors' who appear in his inane skits. This is as good as it gets. Background characters in this delusional mans terrible youtube 'reviews'

Yeah, Jontron has seriously been great. One of the few channels I wait patiently for new material

>The first one where it's just a brawl between him an AVGN
It wasn't even that. It was him and James, and then all of his retarded friends showed up.

You ain't seen shit
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrHfY-xJxU

>remembering his reviews before he got canned for making a silly joke.

Life was better then

I actually have seen that, but I completely forgot that it existed.

On that same note, I completely forgot that Captain S existed. Holy shit that's a blast from the past.

"Adults"

The only thing I'm sad is that he now puts too much work into one tiny cutaway gag, which works and gets a laugh, but now it means that they have to film the whole episode a few months longer, because they need to make all the decorations and shit.

Otherwise JonTron is really the best it's ever been now. He managed to retain his early goofiness and put great production value on top.

This. He piggy backed on the AVGN's gimmick.

Brad is a cuck tho.

Didnt he dump his gf when she suggested it if i remember correctly, could be wrong though.

He's an example of talent and high production value going hand in hand. Doug is unfortunately just not super talented. No matter how much money he gets.

Are his commercial specials still good? It seems like those were always Doug at his strongest.

This is hard to watch.

Captain S was pretty alright from what I remember.

More like Captain ASSSSSSSSSSSSS

He understands that you gotta put effort into it when you do something. Doug is just not that funny and kinda annoying.

sup m8s

You guys both got it wrong, this was the real final battle
youtube.com/watch?v=R_4UfX3Lw9E

James is more genuine. Look at the shelves full of rare old games and systems and magazines in his room. Retro video games are a legitimate hobby of his and he's spent a lot of time and money on it to the point where he's much more knowledgeable about it than 99.9% of the population. NC nitpicks childrens' films from the 80s.

Even Brad is getting bad with his Christian movie bashing crap
i enjoy when he just makes fun of old bad movies

the cuckening really fucked hin up

He's always done Christian movies.

faggot

>todd not cucked

Yeah right, living with a fat feminist and then spouting her bullshit is not getting cucked...

honestly, chris stuckmann is leagues and bounds above the entirety of channel awesome because of three main points

1. he's genuine
2. he's self-aware
3. he doesn't take himself too seriously

he has subpar taste but he's totally harmless and really likeable, his videos being under 30 fucking minutes long also helps

le cuck face
tell me you wouldnt wanna beat this faggot to a pulp with that faggot smirk fucking faggot

His ex GF is his landlord and he hears her get fucked every night, pretty cucky

Said the basement dweller who's never going to have sex, ever

Hi Todd

>feminist knee jerk response
>nothing but insults and mockery of the sexual prowess of what they believe are insecure men

Why do they do this? Its quite simple, modern feminist know that the only thing they have of value is their dried up cunts. Because no one in the real world gives two shits about how many hours of woman studies they have

>Being this mad
Did your mom ask you to clean up your piss jars?

>being this devoid of intelligence
Got something besides name calling femcunt?

>They haven't made an anniversary movie in years.
Many people from anniversary movies left the site.
The anthology format for the last part, was a good idea, but didn't really work.
Probably didn't make to much profit of them.

Yes, He did. Nobody here knows what that word means.

It makes him the most views, so he makes more of them. As long as there will be market for this, he will be doing those. Read the comment section under any of those. That's exactly the reason that this is why his next 'movie' is a christian movie parody.

Wrong board

Most people aren't autistic sociopaths, user

You showed him user!

Both you anons are doing the exact same thing.

>steals as many minutes of copyrighted footage per video as he wants
>explains to you the movie scene by scene
>directly shows you every interesting scene in the movie on screen
>'I watch it so you don't have to!'
>never looked into the definition of fair use
>every year releases a video (or entire campaign) insisting he is fair use, based only own his own thoughtless guesses and assumptions
>never even once thought about it but just assumes he's always completely in the right

Really sad when someone's too stupid or thoughtless that they don't realize they're a con man

>don't realize
He probably does, but is full of shit.

Not quite. They had an "open relationship" but Brad was a dumbass and didn't think that fucking other people could include people he knows.
His wife fucked one of his friends and it caused a whole lot of tension.

That's why Doug is pretty much ruined if his videos eventually stop making money. Many other famous youtube show creators, whether they went to film school or not, have actually honed their editing and production skills over time. Mike and Jay, before RLM got big, made wedding videos. They had skills and provided a service and can do it again if RLM goes under. Doug has nothing, really.