“The team threw a Hail Mary to George...

>“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(video_game)
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-star-wars-red-tails-282905
nerdapproved.com/movies/george-lucas-retires-blames-fans-for-crushing-his-spirit-to-make-another-star-wars-film/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elan_Sleazebaggano
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this pisses me off every time i see it fuck you op

i think that was a subtle "fuck you" from George to those guys desu

So which one did they pick?

Exactly. It seems pretty obvious to me. He was pretty clear that he wanted the guy to be called Starkiller, so when they insisted on giving him yet another Darth title, George gave them names that were unusable.

Why couldn't George just say "no, he's not a darth"

he makes the fucking rules, why does he have to be a smug cunt about it by "agreeing that it makes sense for sith royalty" then giving those two joke names

this is the guy who named that one character BJ Dart or whatever

Yes because Darth inSidious and Darth Tyranus are so much better than Darth Insanius

darth insanius implies your character, who you've invested many hours into making relatable and likeable to the audience, is actually insane and has no motivations for his behavior. it's a stupid name

because that would break their hearts and he's not that much of a cunt to your face.

>this is the guy who named that one character BJ Dart or whatever
He suggested BJ Dart, and they went with Jet Brody
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(video_game)

Don't forget

>Darth Maul
>General Grievous
>Savage Oppress

BJ Dart sounds better than Jet Brody.

Why have a last name as a first and first as last? Is he asian? Oh wait, yes, george is a buddhist methodist.

>implying this is anything as bad as the EU bullshit

>Darth Krayt
>Darth Bane
>Darth Plagueius
>Darth Nihilus
>Darth Traya
>Darth Sion

Is george actually in this thread posting?

fuck you george, you never should've sold out to disney

>fuck you george, you never should've sold out to disney
This will always hurt. He ruined a part of my childhood.

Dood, literally the dumbest name in all of star wars: Luke Skywalker. Like wtf?

no, Chewbacca is literally the dumbest name in star wars

it's chewing tobacco and it's not even subtle

at least is not Biggs Darklighter

>>Darth Krayt
nothing wrong with this
>>Darth Bane
nothing wrong, Bane is a normal evil name
>>Darth Plagueius
pure capeshit level
>>Darth Nihilus
at least you have to know latin to get it
>>Darth Traya
makes sense
>>Darth Sion
what's wrong with this?

It seems like over time Mr. Lucas became resentful of people agreeing with him on everything. There used to be a point in his life where Spielberg would have gone "No, George I don't like that." but now he's surrounded by people afraid to be fired for speaking their mind.

Are we forgetting Elan Sleazbaganno?

What's wrong with any of the others then?

I mean if Tyranus is bad so are they.

DAR T H I C C I

Darth Malgus
Darth Malak
Darth Revan

Darth Talon, best Darth there is.

It's not that subtle unless you're autistic.

Skywalker refers to the morning star aka the lightbringer aka lucifer

>Luke S.
>Lucas

>people trying to say that Geroge was making fun of them instead of him being autistic and terrible with names

Hey, do you remember the time George ruined TPM by insisting they cast the little kid who obviously couldn't act over the one who could?

Member that?

Because he's probably an asshole. Have you never met an asshole?

>Wanting to call an Imperial Operative a Darth

It seems George Lucas understood EU canon better than the nerds who wrote it, inb4 but he was Vaders Apprentice, so Mara Jade was the Emperors new plaything apprentice and he wasn't calling her Darth anything.

George doesn't give a fuck about star wars, it's the thing that held his career back from making the films he actually wanted to make. He resents it.

>Goongas
>little laser sword

Darth Bane was a pretty big guy in the EU.

But we'll get so much more out of him!

subtle?

What did you want him to do, pull out a gun and shoot them?

He cares, he just never understood it.

>trying to defend a bunch of dickheads that wanted to make a shitty hack n sash featuring maul with giant horns and spider like robo legs

Master troll

Still is in the Disney EU.

The force unleashed games were unironically terrible.

Really atrocious games and the light saber felt like a blunt weapon rather than what it should be. It didn't cut any limbs because they wanted the kiddy audience so it felt like beating people up with a baseball bat.

God I miss Jedi Knight.

The first one was ok my nig nog

Not compared to Jedi Knight 2

limbs got cut in Force Unleashed 2
I remember a lot of stormtroopers losing arms and heads

Well they're different games, I agree with you about the lightsaber and ended up playing on the lowest difficulty so it would kill Stormtroopers faster and not feel like comboing them with a stun baton.

The strength of TFU was playing around with the force throw and physics, and some of the more fantastical segments like Starkiller being so powerful he can pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit from a planet's surface. The final two battles against Vader were cool as fuck.

Same shit happened in Unleashed. Heck all that happened in the Jedi Knight series.

All unleashed did was make the force out to be some super, goat ability that allows you to pull ships out of the sky. Fucking retarded fanwank is all it was.

>Darth Plagueis
>EU
Kukukuku

Forgetting about Darth Omir

I don't get what you're saying.
He was first part of the EU (Legends) and is still apart of the Disney EU just like Darth Bane.

>in other news George Lucas doesn't take space fairy tales as seriously as a bunch of nerds whose loss of virginity was postponed for several years by a movie about a gay robot and his colorful trashcan buddy.

because that way is more fun

What does it feel like to sell your movies to white slavers?

He was named in EIII, his name is in EIII before he appeared in EU, you're complaining about his name like it's EU's fault, and it wasn't, it's Lucas's fault

George has a reputation for petulance.

He's never gotten over the publics rejection of Jar Jar and the prequels in general.

>You don't like my masterpieces?
>How do you like all the changes and references I'm putting in the special editions?
>Oh, you don't like jar jars voice at the end of ROTJ?
>How about Darth Vader saying NOOOO like in everyones favourite scene from Revenge of the Sith?
>Oh and guess what? Nobody gets to see the original versions ever again
>Eat it, nerds

making Darth a title that all sith had was retarded. Not to mention made Darth Vaders name less unique because there's a bunch of other stupid Darths milling about.

>Hey look, it's Darth Famine

>Game designers too autistic to understand Georges autistic sense of humour
Imagine being in that room that day

I wasn't complaining about his name though. I actually like them all because they're more than names. They're descriptions of their main characteristics.

Krayt took the Krayt name from the dragons on his home planet tattooine and because his mutated vong body is reminiscent of the krayt dragon.

That stuff is fun imo even if corny.

If he were smart he would've continued to serve as Executive Producer while letting others direct.

>Maintain creative influence
>Still make assloads of money
>Still get all the credit for creating Star Wars
>Have the freedom to direct movies other than Star Wars

Instead he tried to prove that the original Star Wars wasn't a fluke saved in editing by his ex-wife and revealed himself as a hack who doesn't understand human motivation outside of trite melodrama.

Feel sorry for him, actually. He's never going to make another movie.

Did George ever like his fans? it's thanks to them that he's filthy rich

Imagine being George Lucas and just wanting to be left the fuck all alone and all these autistic spergs keep whining at you every fucking day

Bane?

Fuck Darth title
True sith lords don't have that
Naga Sadow
Marka Ragons
Ludo Kresh
Exar Kun
Freedon Nadd
Ulic Quel Droma

Tales of the Jedi forever

They named him 'starkiller' but it's only used in the last level once by that blonde pilot he had the hots for.

Bane and Plagueis are straight from Lucas, were never EU. They're still canon. Bane was in the prologue of TPM novel, and the final episode of CW, voiced by Mark Hamill. Plagueis' FIRST mention is in RotS.

He was Luke Starkiller to the cast right up until the day Mark Hamill filmed the "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you!" line. He said that at the time, he thought it was dumb to change it.

For eu.

This

He was probably like "well nobody likes my joke fuck you this game is now not canon" and thus tfu was never canon even tho every media during lucas was canon until something better came up

Also he never liked the idea or a more powerful contemporary sith than vader(aside from sheev)

DARk lord of the siTH

but they didn't use it

Even more, Bane was going to be mentioned in TPM together with the rule of tow but the scene got cut and we only got the "always two there're, one master and one apprentice"

Probably because Sith was a race first and a religion second and only after they died out.

>I am Sith Dark Lord of the Sith Marka Ragnos

Sounds stupid. Darth was a mistake for everyone but Vader.

make sense

Yeah because George getting his way all the time worked so well for the prequels.

Hes a beta bitch

>"Why would I make any more, when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-star-wars-red-tails-282905

nerdapproved.com/movies/george-lucas-retires-blames-fans-for-crushing-his-spirit-to-make-another-star-wars-film/

You guys could have prevent it by not acting like the retards from rlm and accept every film has its problems instead you people constantly attacked lucas personally for the prequels

His name was a Mad fold-in all along

Here come the Jets! JEdi knighTS

Lucas' son Jett played the Jedi that gets gunned-down in front of Bail Organa.

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

GOAT NAMES:

Exar Kun
Darth Revan
Darth Malek
Darth Sion
Visas Marr

Exar-kun~

Those are shit tier names

>no kit "lemme put the whole arm" fisto

But why would the devil be in Star Wars?

To visit the famous Mos Eisley canteen, of course.

But the devil? As in Satan? Really??

Why?

No. But it's a meme and "popular" on Sup Forums and when discussing star wars.

Because meat was off the menu in Middle Earth, he needs to eat you know

wouldn't even be one of the more ridiculous names though

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elan_Sleazebaggano

Because anything with an ounce of cultural popularity has themes of a basic religious "good vs evil" to it.

It sounds like he was obviously being an asshole about not wanting Starkiller to be a Sith and figured they'd stop bothering him about it if he gave them 2 terrible options to chose from

Holy shit I literally do not remember this character or even the scene.

Luke, did I ever tell you about Elan Sleazebaggano? He was a male Balosar death stick dealer on the planet Coruscant during the Separatist Crisis. Shortly before the Battle of Geonosis, he attempted to sell death sticks to your father and myself in the Outlander Club, while we were searching for a bounty hunter who had been hired by another bounty hunter to assassinate your mother, who we were using as bait. Anyway, we didn't buy any, I used a mind trick to convince Sleazebaggano that he did not want to sell us any death sticks and instead wanted to go home and rethink his life. He was a good friend.

You're a shit name

Ben, tell me more about this bounty hunter who hired another bounty hunter who hired a droid who hired bugs to kilk my mum and who could have succeeded because we were to busy killing the bugs, chasing the droid and then the second bounty hunter

>Moes Eisley Cantina, lose an appendage and drink for free
>yeah hi, I'm looking a good friend
>A Jedi Master, goes by the name name Bater

>Darth Sidious
>Elan Sleazebaggano

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

Again this meme.

Or Porkins, because he is fat. Or Han Solo, because "I am working alone".

Jimmy Scrambles!