How do we fix American sports?

How do we fix American sports?

Nice thread

>soccer
>action
were you born this retarded or did it happen over time?

The stops in action for basketball (the retarded # of time-outs each team gets, plus the constant whistles for fouls/breathing too close to someone) are absolutely cancerous. The total amount of action is irrelevant. All you do is watch each time go back & forth scoring almost every time (60+ points per team per game is almost guaranteed) and it only gets interesting by the 4th quarter.

Scrap it and start over
Do it like in Europe where anyone can start a team, nothing is funded by the taxpayers, and there’s promotion and relegation

Relegation means you could lose money. Owners won't do it.

>manlets jogging and feigning injury
>soccer """""""""""""""""""""""action"""""""""""""""""

lmao

Ok, before this gets even more derailed into americans talking shit about soccer, let me ask you a genuine question. Do you guys not care at all about the ads? How desensitized are you at this point?

The difference is that every single play in football and every hitter in baseball something is happening. The game is advancing and every single play is important. In soccer huge amounts of time pass where nothing happens at all.

Imagine watching 3 hours of commercials for that crazy magical 11 minutes of negros groping each other.

>There are ""Americans"" right now who actually give a fuck about Cuccer

Yes the ads are a problem, that's why you PVR the game so you fast forward that shit.

*watches 11 minutes of action*
*kneels and gets shot*

>Ads comes on
Take a piss, check some scores, eat some food, talk some shit
>Game comes on
The only real bullshit is commercials after a kickoff.

the most surprising part of that is americans managing to fill half of football games with ads, how the fuck do you even do that

This is why I stick to boxing

With that system its the Fans that should be the owner. And yes i do know its not that way in europe anymore but the US can start from fresh.

It's a problem when there's one football game on. I don't notice for other sports though

>Ameruca
>Not knowing how to fix a sport.

The fuck guys? Multi-ball? Tow 5mins Double point period? Action Clock, if 3 mins with no action 60 seconds or turnover?

Though you guys where good at this?

almost everything that is publically traded nowadays just gets absorbed by a large investment firm that is only concerned with extracting every last cent from its investment, rather than caring about the quality of its product.

kek they must be using some big time nonsense to define action
hockey has gotta be in the 70s and soccer sub 0.01%

seriously man. i dont get how some people actually LIKE the constant back and forth scoring in the nba. it literally makes every basket until the end practically worthless, just like how every mlb game in a regular season is worthless until the end

So true, and if you make laws for it politicians get their head turned if a loophole can't be exploited

If "soccer" was just a penalty shoot out, would you say it has more action?

I cannot watch football(handegg) on tv anymore, I can only watch it on the my computer where I can either have multiple games up or doing something else.

score-commerical break-kick off-commerical break fucking sucks

I don't think the 11 minutes of action is really true and would like to see what they defined it as.

Does anyone magically cut the football games after they occur to 11 minutes and put them on their blog for my viewing pleasure? Because that would be nice

That's basically international soccer. Set pieces, penalties, flopping and parking the bus

Serious question here: do people who don't watch football not realize how important presnap is?

What if you love commercials? Checkmaet, athiest

hate adverts desu

you can't show that stuff on TV, teams would just use it to cheat against each other. aerial shots of players and coaches standing around aren't entertaining, even if they are actually doing things.

>fix
I don't see any problems desu

now that america is finally done with soccer, it'll make watching our superior sports leagues all that much better

No, but you can show how both teams set up and how they shift their formations before the snap, which is crucial to how what happens when the ball is in play

people who actually watch the sport would definitely consider that to be game action. it's everything in between that people have a problem with.

>kickoff
>commercial
>3 and out
>commercial
>injury
>commercial
>7 second running play
>field goal
>commercial
>kickoff
>commercial

>5.79%

Dumb American with no attention span.

They're not superior.

>post zero sources

>implying those stoppage times in real football aren't worth watching it anyway

Americans like baseball which is slower than divegrass

I used to not really notice when I was a kid, now it's fucking unbearable unless the game is really good. But I think that's mostly because I don't watch (legal) TV anymore anyway. I'm not really used to commercials for anything anymore.

>implying baseball games with less of three hours exists

This should have been a dead giveaway that these numbers are being pulled out of someone's ass. Yesterday's ALCS game was "fast" and took 3 hours. Also, "action" for all sports needs to be defined. Are pre play reads considered action? Are getting ready for set pieces action? Is looking the runner back to first action?

>wasting almost 4 hours to see niggers kneel and brawl for 10 minutes
>gets brainwashed by ads
>eat 10 burgers and 2 pizza's
>get shot

Full highlights

All trolling aside, but if not even 6% of your sports broadcasts consist of actual action, then something is fucking wrong

How the fuck do you Americans accept this?
This is not even a criticism of handegg itself, but just the way your sports media is feeding you the sport.

If you truly love handegg, then it should be YOU who is most angry about this.
I really don't get why Americans get butthurt at Euros for pointing this out instead of getting angry at their own media.

go back to africa