Doctor Who General - /who/ - The End of the Line

Capaldi confirms that he's out after the christmas special.

denofgeek.com/us/tv/doctor-who/261850/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-will-leave-after-the-2017-christmas-special

Place your best bets for the next doctor and say something nice about the second best doctor of NuWho

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzmYhhcTRPI
youtu.be/yFNO7jZncLs
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-next-doctor-who-its-7250770
youtube.com/watch?v=BtFMv7AHgSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

John Noble next doctor

>Giving up already
lel.

I don't care.You know how it clicks and you're like "that's my Doctor" well that's what I got with Capaldi. Never had I enjoyed a Doctor so much and now he's leaving. To the people who felt that "click" with previous Doctors, how do you guys keep watching after the best is behind you?

How long till Adam starts stalking the new Doctor?

I'm putting my bet on Mark Gatiss as Doctor 13. It's one of those hedge bets, where if you lose you're happy, but if you win, at least you made enough money to drink yourself into forgetting.

Something nice about the second best Doctor of NuWho: He's no Capaldi, but he was a pretty good invisible man on Heroes.

Capaldi was fired, wasn't he?

Early last year he announced that the BBC had asked him to stay on another year, so this was probably his own choice

Complete Class overnight ratings (millions):
For Tonight We May Die: 0.94
The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo: 0.39
Nightvisiting: 0.84
Co-Owner of a Lonely Heart: 0.28
Brave-ish Heart: 0.66
Detained: 0.21
The Metaphysical Engine, or What Quill Did: 0.76
The Lost: 0.26

For me it wasn't that I had decided Tennant was 'my doctor', he was thrust into that position when he was followed by Matt Smith.

Besides having a weird unlikable face (can't be helped) and saddled with terrible scripts (Moffat) his performance revealed he didn't match up with either of the previous two doctors I had known.

Playing the cutesy lovable manchild goofball got old quick. I always think of the scene where he's playing hide and seek with the kids Clara is baby sitting and he's been searching for hours with no success until Clara mentions the kids probably left the house and the Doctor does a comic pause and may as well have been followed by a sitcom audience laughing.

And then once an episode he'd over correct by trying to be really serious and mean. Giving long speeches to the tune of 'I am the oncoming storm, I am the one who knocks, aliens hear my name and flee because when I come round people get hurt, you don't want to make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry'

I was honestly ready for a new Doctor at the end of Tennants run. Instead we got Matt Smith and I was reluctantly forced into the role of a nostalgic Tennant lover.

Capaldis a more competent actor but there's still the matter of Moffat being showrunner.

Would've loved to have seen Capaldi with a new showrunner (and sans Clara) but I guess it's not meant to be.

Looking forward to jumping back on board once the door has hit Moffats sagging scottish arse on the way out.

>second best doctor of NuWho
>second best

Anyone else see Katherine Kelly on This Morning yesterday? It felt surreal as fuck to see her talk about Class like it was last October when it's now January. She was basically plugging a late night BBC1 repeat of the Class finale, yet still no word on whether or not the show's been cancelled.

They'll be waiting on how it does in America first

is it a good show? I'm a dw fan, but struggling to start thi

According to bookmakers Ladbrokes, Ben Whishaw is the frontrunner to become the next Doctor Who with odds at 5/1.

Second, with odds of 6/1 is Richard Ayoade.

Rory Kinnear, who also starred in the recent Bond films as M’s Chief of Staff, Bill Tanner, comes in third, while Miranda Hart is fourth with odds of 8/1.

If Hart were to take the role, she would be the first female Doctor in the series.

Other top actors in line for the coveted role, according to Ladbrokes, include Helena Bonham Carter (10/1), Olivia Colman (14/1), Michael Sheen (14/1), Idris Elba (16/1) and James Corden (50/1).

So it won't be any of those, good. Capaldi and Mackie appeared literally the day before they were announced.

Whishaw would be GOAT, but he's literally the "bookies favourite" every time.

I bet the new Doctor was cast months ago.

They might get the guy who was going to be 12 if Capaldi refused - their backup, as it were - Ben Daniels

LEL!
What a flop.

>Alfred nowhere to be seen
Good. That confirms it's him.

>James McAvoy will never be dr who

>Ben Daniels
Fuck no. He'd be shit. So would Andrew Buchaneer other whatever his name is.

Andrew Buchan?

I can see this happening. Big friend of Chibnall and a good actor. Also has an alien look

>Looking forward to jumping back on board once the door has hit Moffats sagging scottish arse on the way out.

Honestly this is the only thing holding my interest for the future of Who right now.

>Helena Bonham Carter
I'd be ok with that

>Son of William Russell

If they cast him, would they reference this? Also, he would be the first Oxbridge educated Doctor.

DOCTOR WHO IS NOW CLASSIST!

Ive stopped watching Dr Who after like 5th Capaldi episode. The fanbase has turned to more shit and so did the show. Im guessing next Doctor will be something to please the SJWs.

He was shit in Broadchurch, too muscular and really doesn't give off a Doctor feel.

Next doctor will be a gay nigger who has a white guy as his companion and they have a relationship.

boardie please go

We can only hope.

Didn't Ben Daniels turn down a larger part on Merlin because he didn't want to take any TV commitments that would get in the way of his theater acting like that hairdressing show did early in his career? Or has he since changed his mind on that?

Say hello to the 13th Doctor:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzmYhhcTRPI

Next Doctor will be a woman. Turning the Master and that other timelord guy into women was a test.

So we'll never get a gay brother and straight sister duo who sees 12 as their father after their real father died?

Fuck this.

Do the BBC have the guts with the ratings drops and that? or is it the stunt they need to get the ratings up. Either way I'm against it.

This. I can't wait for DW to become one long vagina joke.

They won't do it given the current state of the show. 13th Doctor will be a Tennant clone to make it successful/popular again. Then, afterwards, they'll do the woman Doctor for the 14th Doctor.

>Do the BBC have the guts
No, I really doubt they do. And as far as I know there's no reason to believe Chibnall is particularly passionate about it

Say hello to the new Doctor

youtu.be/yFNO7jZncLs

:^)

William Russel's his father.

Is Murray Gold leaving too?

Total reboot incoming: New logo, theme, TARDIS interior/exterior.

i fucking hope murray gold fucks off

What are the odds they're going to do a fake-out, like The Next Doctor or that DWM comic where Eight regenerated into the Briggs Doctor, before revealing the real 13? That would be a way to really test the waters for a female Doctor. Or it could just be Briggs again.

pls no

he makes great scores

He is. Blair Mowatt is replacing him.

Nice meme.

Class score was shite.

His VNA-ified season-26 intro was kinda cool, though.

it will be either a woman or a black man and it will be the last series of nuwho until someone decides to resurrect it again.

>how do you guys keep watching after the best is behind you?
I don't. I've dropped this show 3 times. Haven't picked it back up since the episode just before the Maisie Williams episode. I judge this show with more slack than I do all the other shows I watch yet it still manages to cock up. Oh well maybe someday it will be bearable again... by then every actor will be brown and black.

>Is Murray Gold leaving too?
I hope not, he's one of the greatest things about the show.

Capaldi was great as the Doctor, he just happened to come into the show when its writing and directing had both become fucking terrible. It's shocking when you compare it to Moffat's first season.

>That would be a way to really test the waters for a female Doctor.
That would be a really stupid move. People have been asking for a female Doctor for decades. BBC going "here's one! just kidding she wasn't really :^)" would only turn fans away from the show even more.

Personally, I have no problem with a female Doctor but don't really want one yet. I think a female Showrunner is the first step, or at least more female writers in general. Looks like they're slowly moving in that direction.

Predictions for Moffat/Capaldi's final episode title.

I'll start:

>Twelfth Night
>Friday the Thirteenth

>The Kidney Colour

>robot of sherwood
is this where my watchthrough dies?

Here's a link I found with the odds.
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-next-doctor-who-its-7250770
I'd totally be up for Rory Kinnear taking over. Honestly though, I'd love a female Doctor; but not fucking Miranda Hart. 'Fuck's sake.

Peter deserved better that moffat, that loathsome cunt

Shit, saying goodbye to Smithh was hard but eventually Capaldi won over my heart (on Listen). After all the show has the same spirit, and it carries on independent of the Doctor.

>Helena Bonham Carter
Now that would be a weird thing. I'd like to see it.

>Capaldi will only have had 40 episodes when he leaves
>3 of them were Mark Gatiss stories, possibly 4 if his S10 story is a 2-parter
>Some of them were leftist propaganda episodes penned by Peter Harness

skip. you can tell for series 8 they had a basket with randomly generated episode titles which they picked out and then wrote the episodes based entirely on the title.

I'd drop the series faster than I can say bingo.
The Dr is a man. Will always be a man and fucks his entire character by becoming a gash. If your show is struggling so much you need to hire a woman to save it, just throw the fucking towel in.

Dark Water was a stupidly titled episode.

It's like calling the Eleventh Hour "Fish Custard", or The Christmas Invasion "Tangerine in Pocket"

They were 'front runners' last time before Capaldi.

I don't have anything against Whishaw or Ayoade but they'll be the third 'reddit' doctor in nu-who

This. They're front-runners every time. As is Rory Kinnear, a man who has never even watched the show.

I just hope they go for somebody Tom Baker like. It only makes sense since Capaldi was basically Pertwee and Smith was basically Troughten.

Tennant = T.Baker (most popular)
Smith = Davison (youngest, follows most popular)
Capaldi = C.Baker (great actor, let down by stories, brash personality)
13 = McCoy (small in stature, show gets cancelled)

what about that fat bloke from little britain?

He's the new Watcher

Gets better just before it gets axed

>people like this actually exist
>they browse /who/

>Capaldi gone after 3 seasons
>Hell Bent and The Husbands of River Song will be the only unequivocally GOAT eps in Capaldi's run

So far, Moffat has killed all of his Doctors by having them succumb to old age.

Will he do the same to Capaldi?

>Gets zapped back in time in final moments of S10E12 by Weeping Angel
>Christmas special is 12 taking "the long way round" back to the TARDIS, over several centuries
>He's basically exiled to Earth, stopping monsters through the ages
>Sees all his companions in childhood, as they grow up
>Eventually, hundreds of years later, he arrives back at the TARDIS, bearded, weak and disheveled.
>Sits in his chair and regenerates

I guess that explains why he's staying around a bit longer than once thought

will the christmas ep be a end of time level wankfest of the moffat era

It'd be a sight to behold.

Of course, even though the lying piece of shit said it wouldn't

Bad: the bookies' front runners are shit

Good: I'm pretty sure the bookies have been wrong every single time

Who else thinks he left cause he couldn't stand the new companion?

And what are the chances we end up with full a Equality and Diversity LGBTQFDJGMFFNFG Disabled Cisabled Plywoodgender POCK of Colour Wheelchairbound Muskratkin next Doctor?

Episode 1 of the next series is the Doctor going to Skaro to sue the Daleks for hatespeech for not having any disabled access ramps

13th Doctor will be played by a Scottish actor called Sam Heughan.

Beeb wanted young heart throb male lead again to boost ratings. To ensure Heughan was available for filming s11, the 3rd and 4th seasons of Outlander were filmed back to back.

youtube.com/watch?v=BtFMv7AHgSA

What were the bookies' front runners for 10 and 11?

oh lord, not the "character waits hundreds/thousands of years" thing again

Don't you think in light of Trump and Brexit the saviour the world truly needs is a black woman?

Capaldi is killed by a SOCJUS alien for being a cislord and patriarchy is defeated for the rest of time and space

Moff's done this to all his characters.
>Amy
>Rory
>Clara
>War Dr
>11

And he'll probably do it to 12.

Personally i'd like to see 12's death be traumatic

Did War and Clara do it? I don't think CLara going through the timestream counts.

Will probably be a black man, which I have no problem with. Loads of black actors who would be brilliant Doctors.

I just hope they don't do it to virtue signal. They need a strong actor. A woman, at this stage in the show's unpopularity, would kill the show.

Clara's taking "the long way round" before she goes back to Gallifrey.

War fought for years in the war until he grew old. Remember, he originally regenerated a young man

Is it just me that desperately wants the next Doctor to be as shit as possible, like a disabled Pakistani woman, so the show can finally crash and burn and die a dignified death? The show's been shit ever since Tennant and RTD left, with the exception of the extremely rare episode.

Did peter actually wanna leave or are they just saying that since no modern docs have been asked to go?

>Listen, Flatline, Under the Lake/Before the Flood, Mummy on the Orient Express and Time Heist
>not GOAT episodes

I think all modern Doctors left out of their own volition.

This is your next doctor

Daily reminder that in spite of all your grumblings, Series 9 is widely considered the best series of NuWho

Even normies think so

he already did it to 12 when he was trapped in that place hitting the wall for billions of years

Just listened to the recent UNIT boxset here. Considering today's news, I'd say that Ramon Tikaram would be a fine choice for Doctor No. 13.

Really? Check the Facebook comments on the Capaldi leaving announcement.

Many 'normies' have ceased watching the show.

anyone have he intro where everything is replaced by moffats name

No they don't. I'm a normie and I don't like capaldi or his shitty doctor.

What's that one really low one in series 9?

What are the two outliers?
>inb4 the first one is End of Time

Sleep No More probably.