Classical music is elitist and snobbish

Classical music is elitist and snobbish.
Discuss.

Attached: franko zappo.jpg (940x620, 89K)

which era of classical music, user?

I feel like this quote is out of context considering Zappa likes classical music.

ALL
OF
IT

Indie music is elitist and snobbish.
Discuss.

>proceeds to make classical music
What a guy

This, also considering the fact it has the classic fm logo on it.

I feel like Zappa was probably making the distinction between "classical music" and "orchestral music", with the former (in his mind) referring to a very formulaic and staid approach to symphony and Romantic composition

I think he realized that he wasn't the incredible genius he thought he'd be. Criticising what other people create is always an indication that someone is unhappy with his own work

grow up

genres are elitist and snobbish.

intrinsically all music is formulaic. there's even a formula for experimental music: experiment

Most composers up to the 18th century were very much formula people--their music was product commissioned by a king or the church for some event. The Romantic composers are often seen as more substantial because their music was personal and often based around struggles such as Chopin's chronic tuberculosis.

Fuck dead people

—Frank Zappa (1940 – 1993)

Attached: schoenberg-in-hollywood-john-mauceri.jpg (505x500, 96K)

the only thing that matters in music is if you can communicate emotionally and withstand criticism

rest can fuck off I don't care about your avant-garde time signatures

That can't be possible since more of it is always being written by people that are alive

holy shit someone get this guy a brainlet meme!

I hate indie music

what's elitist and snobbish is projecting your insecurities so hard that you think your music taste matters to anyone but yourself

Why would classical music be elitist and snobbish? Anyone can download and listen to a classical record these days. They're even streamable on YouTube with millions of views.

That

Huh, I guess Zappa's technically classical music

It's good unlike Zappa

only retards think things are elitist and snobby

classical music sucks but modern orchestral is pretty good

the music itself it's not
classical fans are definitely elitist and snobbish