Why don't artists on Sup Forums collaborate more...

Why don't artists on Sup Forums collaborate more? You'd think there'd be a /collab/ thread up at all times where people could just posts ideas, samples, project files, etc. and do dumb/cool shit to them. The potential is squandered by you faggots.

Attached: 1_(57).jpg (352x288, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingnoiseismusic.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like the idea, though I feel like /prod/ thread sorta covers it, even though it's not really a collab. If you'd like, you could start posting a /collab/ thread every so often until it picks up traction

Bands are dead, there is no reason for them. One person can do everything on a laptop. And if you did record with someone, you dont want to bring a stranger from the internet around your music equipment you spent all your money on.

I would but I don't feel like watching it or actually collaborating right now since I just made a track and I don't feel like making another one.
>record with someone
I'm talking about sharing files

>I'm talking about sharing files
Yeah but art isnt a business where you just send files to random people. You need to make a connection with others and have a conversation.

I'm not talking about getting married, I'm just talking about "hey, here's some drums" or "lol fuck with this guitar sample" or "I need bass on this track", etc.

because no one who posts on Sup Forums is all that talented. people who are good aren't shit posting on Sup Forums, they're playing their instrument

The soundcloud and bandcamp threads are pretty active and that's what makes me think it could work. I'm not saying it would be good, but it would probably at least be occasionally funny or productive.

People just arent interested in that, they just post their link and leave. The main reason is because were on the internet so its harder to bond with others which is 99% of art. Do you make music?

Yeah

The soundcloud and bandcamp examples are pefect examples of why this WOULDN'T work

firstly, most or all of them are just absolute tryhard shit, garbage music.

secondly, 99% of people just shit out their link in the thread, then leave. no discussion, no feedback, a lot of posters barely even know how to use Sup Forums which makes me think Sup Forums is just another website on a long list of viral marketing tactics for amateur producers. it's like walking into a bar you've never been to, screaming your bandname, then walking out.

>tryhard
Na most of it is just dance music they learned to make on youtube

>ambient
>bedroom
>chill
>lofi
>"x"hop

Attached: images-of-penn-jillette.jpg (1000x726, 97K)

I've got about 3 completed instrumentals for a Sup Forumstant. I've enlisted another experienced producer I work with to share the burden.

It's slow going right now, because I'm trying to find my vocalist's perfect 'mood' in terms of instrumentals and experimenting with new ways to make use of my Elektron and TE gear.

Should be at least and album and a half when we're done. I'm committed to the kid, I believe he's worth the time. We're gonna kill.

Attached: Bode.png (900x653, 1.38M)

this kinda thing rarely works, especially on Sup Forums.
there is a subreddit for what you're talking about, r/musicinthemaking, tho i haven't used it much so i can't vouch for it desu

yo.... anyone in toronto wanna collab? rock and hip hop

t. upcoming artist ;)

Is that Anna Farris?

By no means a common thing but someone recently posted a thread about a noise comp, they're looking for members
implyingnoiseismusic.bandcamp.com/
FB group noisekills

>artists
autists

not exclusive

One 'r', dickhead.