The average jazz listener

The average jazz listener

Attached: average jazz listener.jpg (482x295, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hiWxrjUuFuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which genres do which of the batmans like?

Attached: 11.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

He has a big brain.

>the average jizz guzzler

looks like a testicle?

For you

jazz snob eat shit

the average kpop listener

Attached: fghujok.png (813x457, 478K)

>jazz snob eat shit

Attached: 1521409264424.jpg (211x239, 8K)

Jazz serves a cultural function in the music scene. It is a signifier for musical "adulthood." To embrace jazz is to don a kind of graduation cap, signifying a broadening of tastes outside "mere" rock music. This ostentatious display of "sophistication" is an insult, and I find the graduation cappers transparent and tedious. Certainly there must be interesting music one could call "jazz." There must be. I've never heard it, but I grant that it is out there somewhere.

Jazz has a non-musical parallel: Christiania, the "free" zone in Copenhagen. In Christiania, like in jazz, there is no law. People are left to their own inventions to create and act as they see fit. In Jazz, the musicians are allowed to improvise over and beside structural elements that may themselves be extemporaneous. Sounds good, doesn't it? Freedom -- sounds good.

The reality is much bleaker. Christiania is a squalid, trashy string of alleys with rag-and-bone men selling drugs, tie-dye and wretched food. Granted Total Freedom, and this is what they've chosen to do with it, sell hash and lentil soup? Jazz is similar. The results are so far beneath the conception that there is no English word for the dissappointment one feels when forced to confront it. Granted Total Freedom, you've chosen to play II V I and blow a goddamn trill on the saxophone? Only by willfully ignoring its failings can one pretend to appreciate it as an idiom and don the cap.

What is that?

My son "Randel"

a child

dolphin found in Chernobyl after the accident

from left to right:
country, rap, metal, prog-rock, cybergoth, folk, post-avantgarde-jazzcore

really made me think...

The average kpop listener

Has there ever been a genre white people ruined so fast?

hip hop

me

eraserhead's kid

boo

jazz and hip hop wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the White Man's technology and instruments

that name tho

Attached: 1521894671253.png (411x411, 327K)

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen this exact same thread yesterday
hmm...

From what movie?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

eraserhead's kid

>the average rockist

Attached: brain.png (800x600, 178K)

/thread

this was prob the most accurate thing ive ever seen

Based

Drop the trip you faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=hiWxrjUuFuU

based

Am I still a brainhuge if I like more straightforward jazz like Bill Evans and Chet Baker? I can't really get into it if it's just off kilter notes and squealing trumpets for 20 minutes

smooth jazz sounds like your kind of music

>the average post-rock listener

Attached: Sad-Keanu-Reeves-Meme-Hanging-Out-With-The-Miserable-Tom-Jerry.jpg (604x427, 41K)

Which of the three

Recc me some jazz. I like metal akin to Beta Popes and Nightstick.

Kenny G

All three

Hip hop was bad from the start

bump