Why is this boring shit nominated and praised? I fell asleep halfway trough and that hasn't happend to me in months

Why is this boring shit nominated and praised? I fell asleep halfway trough and that hasn't happend to me in months.

The acting was basically poor man's Ben just staring blankly like he does in every film. Even that scene at the end is carried by Michelle while he just mumbles a few words.

And where's the plot? Did they just wrote a depressing scene and then worked out the rest on the go? What's the point of the movie?

It was probably the best Drama film and is actually deserving of praise.

Because people want to make themselves look smarter if they say they like boring talking movies where nothing happens.

maybe the upcoming transformers is more your pace.

>boring talking movies where nothing happens
wow

where are your arguments?

the directing will certainly be better

I'm pretty sure this movie is supposed to be a comedy.

I laughed at all the ridiculous situations and I feel like it was definitely intentional. Like all this terrible shit is happening to Lee and not even basic shit goes right. I feel like it's supposed to be highlighting the absurdity of real life.

Even that dumb fucking scene where he comes home and goes to make pizza in the microwave, he hits 2 minutes and it only takes it as one. He just stands there disappointed. This all comes after dealing with the heaviest shit ever. Not even the simplest shit goes right and it's so bleak it's hilarious.

That scene where the paramedics couldn't get his wife in the ambulance was outrageous.

the scenes where the kid is being sarcastic are gold

maybe it was a comedy drama then they changed it to get ben's faggot brother an oscar

It's not supposed to be a comedy, but you can't deny there isn't comedy in ordinary life born out of ordinary things - and this is why this film is really funny and good to me. It understands how funny something everyday-like can be.

this board is for adults, OP

The movie was fantastic. I love naturalistic dialogue that you can wasn't improvised, but was written to seem that way. The way little things went wrong for him, the way the teenage son dealt with his dad's death, the realistic depiction of depression.

I'm sorry you fell asleep during it, maybe you're an absolute pleb who needs a fight or chase sequence every ~30 minutes to hold your attention?

DULLEST

>What's the point of the movie?
that if you push everyone you have away and pretend to be dead to them than they actually become dead to you.

He tries to turn it around at the end and the kid blows him off like nothin.

>when Lee just says "there's nothing there" after Randi tells him she still loves her.
ddaaaaaaaaamn.

I actually envy OP. I almost wish I didnt understand this movie and fell asleep halfway through.

>kid get's off the car while uncle tought he meant to drive away

MASTERPIECE

I didn't say it's bad, it's just a pointless movie with overated acting and dull directing. But they spent well on marketing to get an oscar and make faggots like you think it's good and that they're smart for liking it.

it's Spotlight all over again

also it could have literally been 30 min short without losing anything

>the kid blows him off

How autistic do you have to be to think that?

any barefoot qts in this flick?

>pointless movie
You are so fucking retarded.

(1/2)
>Don't waste your time
>Like that piece of crap movie I saw "Manchester by the Sea". It was torture to watch. I kept saying, it's got to get better, but it never did. How does a piece of amateur filth, where the dialogue of a 6th grader could write get and I guess nominated for best picture. Dialogue being f this, f that, f you and etc. Rated R for this unimaginative script from Kenneth Lonergan thanks for wasting my time. I think we all know why it's getting nominated because of who is behind the scenes of this pathetic school child film. At the end of the film, no redeeming qualities.

>Journalists, from FiveThirtyEight editor-in-chief Nate Silver to New York Times and New York Magazine writer Angelica Jade and Rolling Stone film critic Peter Travers, have called out Affleck on Twitter, as has actress Wu.

>Wu wrote, "He's running for an award that honors a craft whose purpose is examining the dignity of the human experience & young women are deeply human" and then went on to suggest that the clout of the Affleck family has kept some silent in Hollywood. (Actor Matt Damon produced Manchester by the Sea.) She tweeted, "I've been counseled not to talk about this for career's sake. F my career then, I'm a woman & human first. That's what my craft is built on."

>This film is slow paced, so it must be a boring piece of shit

Argument used by every plebs. Please create new

(2/2)
>Meanwhile, the internet is coming to terms with multiple sexual-harassment lawsuits against Affleck, who has settled those cases out of court. The Daily Beast has a pretty definitive account of the charges, but you can also read the court filings from the two plaintiffs — producer Amanda White and cinematographer Magdalena Gorka. Affleck was accused of sexually inappropriate and emotionally abusive behavior toward White and Gorka over a period of many months while they were working on his 2010 documentary I'm Still Here. Among other things, White stated that Affleck frequently referred to women as "cows," sent her threatening text messages after she refused to share a hotel room with him, and locked her out of her room so he and Joaquin Phoenix could have sex with two women in it. Gorka alleged similar behavior, including that Affleck often joked about how she should have sex with various members of the production team, and that she once woke up to find him in her bed. Eventually, both White and Gorka were forced to leave the project.

>boring talking movies where nothing happens
ever see that one where the guy claims he's immortal and they talk about it (never show it) for like 2 hours at a cabin in the woods?

BORING

Dude your definitely understating this.

All the little comedy scenes like that work because of how absurd they are. All this awful shit is happening -- like the worst shit. Like seriously life ruining, depressing, traumatic horrible shit and this nigga can't even get out of a car. It makes these little scenes more funny than they actually are. I also appreciate that it's pretty subtle. Not that I don't like silly raunchy comedies but it's refreshing to see such dark gallows humor mixed with this weird quiet awkward humor. I definitely think they did an excellent job on this.

I agree.

I recall a scene where someone cell goes off in a funeral and everyone is just trying to ignore it and pay attention. It also seemed like the movie wanted us to not pay attention to it. Which made it all the funnier. Shit like this has happened to me. It's probably happened to a bunch of people honestly. Def real life vibe from this.

>locked her out of her room so he and Joaquin Phoenix could have sex with two women in it
>cheats on his wife with his brother-in-law in the room

>ITT people who don't have kids in their families

Silence was far better, this was still good though.

Abdsurdity of grief, m8

I remember when I came home from my brother's funeral and found that the dog had peed on the carpet. That's the memory that sticks with me for some reason, not looking at his body in the open casket, not lowering his body into the ground, not the sounds my dad made as they did so, but of mopping up dog piss from an old carpet.

fuck this fucking site, why do I even bother

I recall how cold my grandfather felt when I touched his corpse (open casket in the procedure at the house before church). For a 3 week old corpse it looked pretty damn good!

you must be poorly educated, or have severe ADD.
This movie was mesmerising in its slow bits, and powerfully moving in its best moments

get out grampa

fuck off to reddit

you're going to hell when you die little man

why is that old man