whos the best and the worst of the indiestry plants

the options:
>hobo johnson
>clairo
>gus dapperton
>pale waves
>cuco
>boy pablo

How do you even make a scone out of a freaking squash?

It blows my mind, oh man

how do you say something like that in such a critical moment in your song unironically

>best
Boy Pablo
>worst
Pale Waves

prune you talk funny is a legitimately catchy song. everything else gus has made is crap. all those others you listed are even worse than him

This kid is... something else.

His delivery comes off as nervously neurotic while his crackly voice ungracefully changes octaves. He sounds like Michael Cera fucked a hyena and looks like every annoying white dude in a community college creative writing class. When the video started I wanted to hate him. Nothing against him personally, I just hate hipsters with a burning passion. Hipsters are the worst people in the world, and yes I'm counting serial killers so don’t ask.

And at first, I did hate it. His corny jokes got on my nerves, as did that godforsaken mustache. But by the end of the video, something weird happened... I liked it. I liked it a lot.

I didn’t think I would like it so much. Johnson embodies everything I hate. He’s a pretentious hipster with enough quirkiness and irony to put him on the cover of Flannel Magazine. But he's endearing. Fuck it, consider me a fan. He’s chaotically manic. Joyful but vulnerable. The emotions in his music are genuine, even when they’re buried under layers of hipster irony. It feels like your drunk friend venting to you and it accidentally rhymes.

Nah that new one by Boy Pablo is alright, I’d say they are on equal grounds

Also that one Clairo song

hello redddit

This kid sucks.

chance the rapper
remember when he used to rap about doing acid and shit what the hell happened

convince that this song isn't just el scorcho with that hip hop clap thing added in

>yfw hobo johnson is ushering in the post-soundcloud era by bringing back new sincerity

Attached: 1493580095331.jpg (397x315, 26K)

as a proponent of new sincerity i sure hope fucking not

nothing about hobo johnson is sincere, he's pulling the age old trick of "im gonna pretend like im joking so I can get away with what I want to say." take a look at some of his old twitter posts if you want to see what he's actually like

>folk punk influenced hip hop

why?

>inb4 Sup Forums starts unironically posting this faggot all the time like 6ix9ine, Grimes, Paramore, etc.
It always starts out as "ironic"

too late bro handjob johnson is mucore now

Great. My two least favorite genres!

You’re not fooling anyone hipster faggot

>he doesn't realize hobo johnson is now mucore
irony is dead. new sincerity is in

I think boy pablo is likable. I really don't mind him at all.

If anyone wants to know the gist of this beaner and what he's whining about, this song captures it well.

youtube.com/watch?v=pETcTSTvduE

/ourguy/ is a sacramento kings fan... wew

Fuck this rapey nice guy incel shit

His delivery is completely forced and if you think otherwise you're probably some ex pop punk dirtbag with a fake-ass personality

He looks like he’s been stung by a bunch of bees.

i know the media forcing these corny memes down our throats has been their job for the last hundred years but it makes me depressed.

hobo johnson comes across as nerdy drama kid retard shit. nobody likes it. nobody. NOBODY. stop forcing it. pic another artist to shill please.

same for clairo. get her in contemporary clothes that fit and don't make her look frumpy and whore her out like every other garbage female plant. thanks.

>Best
Pablo
>Worst
Clairo

This guy is fucking hilarious. Not surprised the humor goes straight over the heads of RYM and Sup Forums

no, it goes straight under the heads of Sup Forums

for a joke to be funny, it has to have intellectual payoff. this shit is so fucking basic even down syndrome tards who took basic english classes would fully comprehend the "humor" of this jank shill garbage

anyone who likes hobo johnson is a veritable fucktard. end of story. period. no debate.

he's funny but i cant imagine it's on purpose

It's not humor, he's just an obsessive rapey nice guy ballbag. Fuck this clown.

The problem is you're approaching him with even the teeniest bit of seriousness. If you do that he's just going to laugh in your face and make you look stupid.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7Br4VWVECqI

every thread

>best
Boy Pablo
>worst
Gus, but Pale Waves and Clairo are a very close second and third

It's like he's trying to rap but with this delivery

youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0opj22nQo

I fuckin hate this guy

What's with Sacramento, and why does every artist who comes from there push musical boundaries.

Attached: 3b933a2b.jpg (790x395, 44K)

srry, wrong picture.

Attached: maxresdefault-6-1068x601.jpg (1068x601, 94K)

Hobo Johnson is better than Kendrick. The voice of our generation

It's spoken word. If you think it's emotionally genuine you're extremely naive and I would like to sell you some beautiful beach front property via money order. It's 100% fakeness and emotional manipulation with shitty carnival barker tricks of vocal inflection. It's a medium built purely out of lying and virtue signaling. Look up any of the big spoken word cunts. It's all exactly the same over dramatic "I'm damage and vulnerable and a really good guy and oh my god I love you and did you know racism is really bad and look how self aware I am about priviledge and intersectionalism wow please clap I'm gonna cryyyyyyyyyy"

kek. True.

Does Rex Orange County count? (heh)
He sorta inspired the whole industry plant-core thing, but I think he's actually self-made
If not, Boy Pablo for sure

I don't really care for any of Hobo Johnson's stuff, but at least it's something different. I don't know why people want to listen to Mac Demarco Wannabe #312 or lazy-ass bedroom pop which only gets a pass because Clairo's cute.

>best
Boy Pablo, but only because that guitarist was funny in the video. they’re not a good band
>worst
the rest, because they don’t have a funny guitarist in their videos

Hobo Johnston is a really really tame La Dispute

Rex Orange County and Steve Lacy are self-made and actually talented so I respect them, especially Lacy. Still don’t dig the sound tho

the romeo and juliet song of this fags reminds me of shitty atmosphere the way he kinda raps. But slug is just good and Ant has the bangers

Ever think that maybe you're just so fucken jaded that you've lost any ability to identify with someone who has genuine emotion. And I'm not saying that your completely wrong, a lot of spoken word "artists" are just pretentious dickbags trying to be cool. But I do think hobo johnson is sincere albeit cringy.

its okay. i'd rather listen to me doing it first though tbqh

The track is insincere in itself even without his over dramatic, forced delivery. It's a delusional creeper track about being insincere towards a girl you want to fuck who has a boyfriend and pretending to be a nice guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Br4VWVECqI

lol is this paid by hobo john to be posted here

I can definitely see how you get that.
But to me it sounds more like a song about him being too nervous and afraid to be himself around a girl.

>I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF BEIGN WITH YOU
>to a girl with a boyfriend
>not about a virgin sperg having delusions about deserving to fuck a girl who's in a relationship already because he's such a nice guy

I feel that part' s about him doubting himeself because he feels he's waiting too long to say how he feels so he's not sure if he's really in love or just projecting his loneliness on a girl.

some people like him and it's so funny cause it almost feels like a joke like let's give this awful pretentious fuck face an audience and see how many spineless fucks say they like him lol

HJ is just Listener but shit

that angalonorman ass aunt joke type shit kinda bombed for me