Why Hollywood As We Know It Is Already Over

>Show business, in many ways, has entered a vicious cycle set off by larger economic forces. Some 70 percent of box office comes from abroad, which means that studios must traffic in the sort of blow-’em-up action films and comic-book thrillers that translate easily enough to Mandarin.

>That response, it’s worth recalling, is what many editors and record producers once said. And the numbers reinforce the logic. Movie-theater attendance is down to a 19-year low, with revenues hovering slightly above $10 billion—or about what Amazon’s, Facebook’s, or Apple’s stock might move in a single day. DreamWorks Animation was sold to Comcast for a relatively meager $3.8 billion. Paramount was recently valued at about $10 billion, approximately the same price as when Sumner Redstone acquired it, more than 20 years ago, in a bidding war against Barry Diller. Between 2007 and 2011, overall profits for the big-five movie studios—Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Disney—fell by 40 percent. Studios now account for less than 10 percent of their parent companies’ profits. By 2020, according to some forecasts, that share will fall to around 5 percent. (Disney, partly owing to Star Wars and its other successful franchises, is likely to be a notable outlier.)
vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/why-hollywood-as-we-know-it-is-already-over

It's over Hollywood is finished

overrated actress general?

does she know her neck is slutty in this photO?

You can see her spanx. Gross

honestly i dont understand this red carpet nonsense. why the fuck do they need to depress up the most unnatural, uncomfortable and revealing way? i bet the first actress who comes to a huge ceremony in some kind of common daily outfit will make the covers of all major media

They dress slutty for attention.
Aka being women.

this is even not slutty, this is just absurd - plus they have all the attention in the world for their work already

Disney is doing moneykino

Cute frog

>overall profits for the big-five movie studios—Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Disney—fell by 40 percent

really makes you think

that you would make more money with better budget management

>foreigners like movies the way we make them
>lets change the way we make movies so they like them even more betterer
>??????
profit

wrong, just, we aren't the audience anymore.

you white people will begin to understand what its like to not be catered to.

la la land is the last movie of its kind.

Good, mid budget films are the future.

All of those are Disney

oy vey why arnt the goyim consuming our propaganda anymore

>falling for Hollywood accounting driven press releases
Goyim we're almost out of shekels. Go to the theaters! Stop pirating!

yeah on streaming services.

Because we are against him

>Why Hollywood As We Know It Is Already Over And I Feel Fine
fixed

And inb4

>it's not muh Hollywood Jew!
>Disney
>not the Hollywood jew

I have a feeling this will change when Netflix produces its first successful film adaptation. There's no reason why it should stop at TV series.

It feels good that #VoteWithYourTrash is having a tangible effect on the industry, maybe they'll learn a lesson and start making good films again.

>Paramount was recently valued at about $10 billion, approximately the same price as when Sumner Redstone acquired it, more than 20 years ago

this is interesting, can anyone give me Paramount profit statements for the last 20 years? Or at least give link, google failed me.

No but I'm pretty sure Sumner Redstone ran Viacom into the ground

That hashtag doesn't exist

>emily stone
DROPPED

We're an underground movement on Gab, Twitter suppressed us at the behest of studios and big theater chains.

>Hollywood accounting

Reminder that the final 2 Harry Potter movies allegedly were financial losses despite pulling 900m and 1300m respectively.

>Production budget not available

Really makes you think

JEWS WILL always follow someone who is strong or winning
once you start to lose or become weak the jews will turn on you and devour you

when you play with jews you will always get burned at the end

I got bored of every film I went to see always having random chink scenes/random chink people. It totally ruins the immersion because you just know they are there for $$$ in China.

Wtf I unironically like Israel Jews now, why do American and European Jews hate Israel so much

jews in israel do not like jews in america or europe that much as they hate israel and want palestinians to steal the land

good

jews in israel realize that open borders/allowing large amounts of muslims into their country isn't in their best interest

He also called out leftist media and called them Bolsheviks. Is he dare I say, /ourguy/

Diversity movies are atomic bombs, they are only viable on miniscule budgets + free award press.

Whites like to watch Die Hard, Highlander, Commando, Goonies, stuff like that.

please be the start of kungfu-kino era

Sumner a cute. CUTE

American jews aren't jews
t. Israeli

Mmmm

Stop spending ridiculous amounts on budget and marketing. Sony lost a billion dollars last year from low attendance and high budgets. La Land cost $30 million and made over $200 million and counting. Hey, maybe because it was an original idea.

Fuck Sony.

This is fine tbqh

95% of these $300 million blockbusters just aren't worth watching. If they die then these $30 million and $8 million movies will become the industry norm. There's no reason for these immense CGI-shitfests to exist

This kind of developement is perhaps not unheard of, see the dissipation of bars and soda fountains that were once the cornerstones of social avenues into what they are today.
Before movie theaters were a necessity, today it's simply an indulgence. People simply don't go to the theatre when you have the convenience offered by new technology. The big problem isn't that the box office is dying, it is the monopoly that media distribution services like netflix have on the market.

this

Jews in Israel are a true nation.
Diaspora Jews are not. They thrive on keeping unstable host nations with conflicting sense of identity.