CRUSHINGLY SAD INSTRUMENTAL ROCK ALBUMS

Rec them to me.

Pic related is one of my fave. Also F#A#. Just more stuff that is slow, turgid, genuine and sad.

Attached: images.jpg (224x224, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6j_etAiW0
youtube.com/watch?v=-opRrjbiO5o&t=891s
youtube.com/watch?v=ExkkMLzda-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhZOEOhKCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you haven't listened to "he has left us alone but shafts of light sometimes grace the corners of our rooms" by silver mt zion, make sure you do.

i've been a godspeed/silver mt zion fan for years but have only recently started getting into mogwai. come on die young blew my mind

I need to relisten to "shafts of light" desu

This is my fave silver mt zion release (haven't heard all there stuff but), you should listen to it if you haven't.

Mogwais first 2 albums and there early EPs are so good. They lost me when they went cleaner and more electronic. Saw them live recently and thought they were pretty dull and predictable. Sad :(

Attached: Unknown.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>SAD SOOONGS

Attached: 1513058427175.jpg (500x375, 16K)

my ex literally just messaged me after 3+ months of no contact. This used to be our favourite song

Feeling emotional

Departure songs by We Lost The Sea is great. It gets a lot of shit on Sup Forums for being Reddit tier, but honestly, it's great.

waiting and waltzing in airport terminals

youtube.com/watch?v=Iw6j_etAiW0

Attached: 5ftowtoptjl01.jpg (552x414, 39K)

Dirty Three - Ocean Songs

Ocean themed instrumental sad post-rock

dis good

2nd

This Mogwai album is seriously underrated.

This is pretty edge and dark, dunno if its sad though.
youtube.com/watch?v=-opRrjbiO5o&t=891s

Their best really

Not sad exactly, but emotional af. Some songs have a sad vibe to them.

Attached: DD8B5633-8C8B-4CCC-8130-A9A884FE09A0.jpg (1000x1000, 242K)

Yes, it’s bery underrated. I think people forget about it because MYT precedes it.

>Their best really
Debatable. I still think MYT is better, but yeah CODY is good.

Shame they fell off

Yeah, most of the stuff after Mr. Beast kinda sucks. They’ve had a few good songs here and there though. I wish they’d make an album like Young Team again. So good.

i mean it's mostly instrumental i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=ExkkMLzda-Y

I used to listen to this album all the time back when I was a whiny drug addled teen.
I think I'll check it out again for nostalgia's sake.

Attached: downfall.jpg (480x953, 77K)

You just unlocked my trap card.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 35K)

YES

will listen now thx

This is my specialty.

Attached: folder.jpg (600x560, 133K)

I understand your pain. I had an argument with a close friend two months ago but I apologized three times and eventually he completely cut me out of his life, never replayed to my texts and calls. This is literally the only true friend I had. So now when I hear songs that we liked and albums we shared to each other it kills me.

Damn, sounds shitty man. Was the argument over something that big?

God, I wish they'd remaster this and put it on vinyl

Attached: Brick City Ghosts.jpg (615x615, 51K)

And I know the majority of this album was done using shit midis but it's still an emotional and atmospheric post-rock album

came here to post this

Seam's Autopilot is not really an instrumental, but it's fucking heart-rending and fragile and immensely beautiful in its sadness. It's like the anthem to loneliness, not "tfw no gf/bf" kind of loneliness, but "I was born alone and I will die alone and there is absolutely nothing I can do because that's how it seems to be"

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhZOEOhKCA

I keep it on repeat for days when black-eyed dog comes up once again.

Attached: M_S6rIi2Rxs.jpg (500x368, 38K)

that song destroys me evry time