ITT: The album where a band/artist should have stopped

ITT: The album where a band/artist should have stopped

Attached: 71dBwWTWgKL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 33K)

>2018
>Still falling for the "Green Day is bad" meme

i'm allowing this as a wind-down/epilogue

Attached: 61c3XTynHbL.jpg (500x500, 71K)

So they could never make American Idiot?

Brainlet.

Attached: Just+search+quotbrainletquot+i+prefer+calling+it+quotslojakquot+though+_d9475d7bd0bf5aee22f3bd327a24 (588x823, 62K)

unicornically agree

I love CT but I hope they never reform. They bowed out with grace.

Attached: Cocteau Twins - Milk & Kisses front.jpg (713x713, 48K)

reported for underage

Wrong. American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

Also, none of the albums you like are even as ambitious or as visionary as American Idiot; you clearly missed the point and are a terrible plebeian. They simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness. The punk spirit is there, but it just doesn't challenge anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot. And no, this is not bait at all. You're just ignorant.

Nimrod [Reprise, 1997]

punks can grow old gracefully, for whiners it's hard ("Nice Guys Finish Last", "The Grouch") **

Attached: christgau4.jpg (300x225, 24K)

Nobody is saying they're bad, we're just saying they should have ended with the 90s rather than become a self-parody.

HOW IS HE SO GOOD AT BEING SO CONCISELY BRUTAL

STAAAAARTED AT THE AGE OF FOUR

Ok yeah, they got a lot of people through high school but that was 20+ years ago and now they're a bunch of middle aged men pretending to be 17.

NOW I'M ANOTHER SHITTY OLD MAN

Yes, yes, you are, Billie Joe. Now can you please go away?

ONE MINUTE
N
E

M
I
N
U
T
E

Attached: 220px-Liz_Phair_-_Exile_in_Guyville.jpg (220x218, 16K)

Attached: BEF76906-8F94-4AC0-B6A3-7A835F53BE70.jpg (220x220, 30K)

only fucking brainlets enjoy american idiot. i love edgy early 2000's pop punk and i fucking hate that annoying shitshow.

^This. Seriously, Dookie was their peak and Nimrod should have been the end.

exactly. i actually got nimrod as a kid and enjoyed the heck out of it. but yeah, they should have called it quits after that, with dignity.

Only 10 year olds and soccer moms could possibly think AI and 21st Century Breakdown are ok.

Attached: II.jpg (700x700, 104K)

Warning is a good album

Attached: flowers of romance.jpg (600x600, 106K)

Attached: R-809464-1161019875.jpeg.jpg (600x593, 102K)

Attached: 81TnWHafWdL._SL1448_.jpg (1448x1448, 490K)

Everything Will Be All Right and White Album are both better than this

is funnyjunk still that much of a shithole?

Attached: Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Year_Zero.png (220x198, 65K)

it's sure as hell better than american idiot.

The Clash should've broken up in 1979 after releasing Give 'em Enough Rope.

division bell is a gem tho

This

that's not The Slip

Attached: Crack the Skye.jpg (1425x1425, 591K)

true

Attached: hef98b3rasc.jpg (300x296, 22K)

This.
If it didn't exist, I would've picked Disintegration, because Wish was mediocre and WMS was their worst album of all time.

Attached: bloodflw.jpg (446x448, 90K)

Their last good album was warning

First time I've ever agreed with Xgau

They should've let Reed go and keep Cale.

Attached: white light.jpg (1000x1000, 71K)