Best Sabbath album, prove me wrong

Best Sabbath album, prove me wrong.

Attached: 565dfa06d2684862b2c78e4a18136f1d.png (1500x1500, 3.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySdlN_F9kZo
youtube.com/watch?v=7vbugK9N2KU
youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM)?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haha

Attached: Black_Sabbath_Debut_Album_sawmill.jpg (1399x1413, 544K)

Attached: Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg (300x300, 29K)

I can't decide between MoR or SBS for best album personally. Heaven and Hell is pretty great, though.

Attached: Born-Again-Album-Cover.jpg (953x953, 113K)

Mob Rules title cut...love the stolen Van Halen riff. Oh well, Tony and Eddie are bffs now so it's ok.

Dio Sabbath shouldn’t be compared to the Ozzy Sabbath. Their styles differ too much

This

Deep down you know dio sabbath is better.

Dio is a better singer. Ozzy fits Sabbath more.

This.

I concede to that

Attached: R-2596401-1369683264-4486.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 113K)

I dunno, Ozzy was a p. powerful singer in his prime, even now too. Just listen to War Pigs and tell me he wasn't or isn't as good as Dio.

sorry, but dio is just something else. God himself couldnt out power him

Sadly, this album is BS's best because it's still relevant today.

prove yourself right, you lazy faggot. you are here for my entertainment, not the other way around.

easy

Attached: Black Sabbath Forbidden.jpg (400x393, 36K)

two words
>Dio

this and this

i was always partial to sabotage

this --- two different bands
this --- dio sucked singing ozzy's songs

Attached: cat_goddess.jpg (140x50, 4K)

Headless Cross IS the best Black Sabbath album. Heaven and Hell is 0.1 point behind it though.
Ah, a contrarian. Though Forbidden is not nearly as bad as people say it is. Get A Grip, Can't Get Close Enough, I Won't Cry For You, Guilty As Hell, Rusty Angels, Forbidden and Kiss Of Death are all very good or great songs. That's only 3 out of 10 tracks that are subpar.

Attached: headlesscross_large.jpg (800x799, 132K)

What's your top 5 favorite Sabbath albums, mu?

In no specific order, mine are:

Master of Reality
Vol. 4
Heaven and Hell
Mob Rules
Dehumanizer

I've only listened to the first 6 plus the Dio albums.

Why the fuck did it take THIS long for someone to post Master of Reality.

Attached: 1517866528348.jpg (500x552, 76K)

>Sadly, this album is BS's best because it's still relevant today.
And how do you decide if an album is "relevant"? What a load of shit

Headless Cross
Heaven and Hell
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Seventh Star
Mob Rules

Contrarians

its not the best Sabbath album...but its top 3- absolutely killer riffs with great singing....and much better than Mob Rules.

>Tony and Eddie are bffs now so it's ok.

they ahve been buds since VH's first tour opening for Sabbath. Ozzy and Diamond Dave snorting ants... LOL.

Attached: EVH&TI.jpg (500x344, 69K)

>tell me he wasn't or isn't as good as Dio

hes not as good as Dio.

putting Illusion Of Power as the opening track made the album appear to be a bigger suckfest than it actually was

In no specific order -

Black Sabbath Vol 4
Sabotage
Heaven And Hell
Seventh Star

Yes, I definitely agree

I've only listened to Sabbath with Ozzy singing. I can't imagine anyone else doing as well as him so I haven't checked out their other work.
What should I listen to that doesn't have Ozzy?

Listen to Heaven and hell and mob rules first, two undeniably great albums even without Ozzy

>Seventh Star

glenn hughes on vocals. he did a good job

thanks boys

you're welcome
youtube.com/watch?v=ySdlN_F9kZo

My only problem with Ozzy is his vocal lines don't stray too far from the guitars rhythm tempo, especially in the older stuff. That being said I do prefer Ozzy era songs more than Dio still.

I have this nostalgia of being in middle school playing Fallout 3 with MoR on repeat because I thought it was soooo cooool that game systems could play music from a flash drive.

kys

>I can't imagine anyone else doing as well as him
This is the worst opinion anyone can have. They had better songs in the 80's with other singers who were technically better than Ozzy. That goes for Dio, Hughes and Martin.

The fact that no one posted this is a crime.

Attached: 61tpcRRRbDL._SX355_.jpg (355x322, 40K)

You are forgetting about this masterpiece sir.

Attached: IMG_0464.jpg (220x219, 24K)

war pigs is a great song and ozzy is great but as a singer he just cannot compare to dio

Best Dio album, prove me wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=7vbugK9N2KU

One hundred percent correct there

This.
Dio Sabbath wasn't bad but it's gotta be Ozzy in Sabbath, Dio should have stuck with Rainbow and his solo stuff.

>Ozzy fits Sabbath better
Waht kind of faggotry is this? I've heard this a lot but no one can say why. I think it's just because you heard Paranoid or Iron Man first and until you were in your late teens thought Ozzy was the only Black Sabbath vocalist.

I think his voice is just a bit more off kilter and weird, which I think suits early Sabbath. Dio is much more of a "proper" singer and has the kinda big boomy rock voice, which also worked but in a different way.

Have you ever listened to live records of Dio singing pre-Heaven and Hell albums? He is a great singer but those songs sound way better with Ozzy’s high-pitched “crazy” voice

This one

if you had actually read the thread instead of looking at the pretty pictures youd see that it was posted hours ago

The Dio years were the best years

THESE. They peaked from 73-75. Just the right amount of prog and new sonic textures.

OHHHH NO...HERE IT COMES AGAIN...

Volume 4 exists

The Writ is unironically one of the best Sabbath songs.

>Your fallen phallic god dismembered and gone!
>A poison father with his poisonous son, that’s you!
>Yeah that's you!

It also proved that Ozzy can write lyrics if he really wants to

The Writ reminds of The Warning, problably their most underrated track

Came here to mention this one lol

they stole dazed and cofused for Paranoid too haha

You mean Communication Breakdown.

this and seventh star are great

>78985676
Still is and forever will be the best Sabbath album

Dehumanizzer is also underrated, even among Dio-Sabbath fans. I actually might put it over Mob Rules.

So? Ozzy couldn't pull off Dio's songs if he wanted too.

Because most Dio-Sabbath fans heard either Heaven and Hell or Mob Rules first so that's the Dio sound they like. Not the Dio of the early 90's that had more industrial doom influences than the heavy Blues stuff.

I literally can't.
Lonely is the Word is KINO

I won’t prove you wrong because you’re right.

actually Dio's performance of Children of the Grave is way better than Ozzy's

There's something about this album that always bothers me. It has so many great riffs, but it doesnt seem to carry them all the way through like on some of the other albums. A National Acrobat for instance has that killer opening and chorous, but then it changes in the last quarter to that wierd solo. I'm not sure if I'm just expecting something based on having listened to metal that came after it or if they just couldn't figure out how to end the songs. That said still a great album, but I always feel like it just missed the mark.

This

Dio was obviously a more technically capable vocalist than Ozzy but all the Dio albums are painfully generic. It's just shit-kicking rock, that's it. Yeah if I want to grow a balding mullet and swing my dick around then it's great but there's no soul or meaning to it at all.

Sabbath got to the point where they wanted to put together tracks that were more than just jams. Iommi has stated that they were always self-conscious about the negative reviews that described them as a dumb band, so he kept trying to push into a more progressive direction. That's why you start hearing them change up songs a lot in their later stuff. I think a lot of the times it weakens the songs because they aren't that good at transitions and it always feels so arbitrary, like they just suddenly start playing an entirely different song.

Headless Cross is fucking based but it's not the best Sabbath album dude. Even though it's the one I listen to more than any other. There's a fair bit of filler on it though.

Both. The intro is Dazed, the main riff is Communication.

>War Pigs

That's absolutely nothing compared to something like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Under the Sun.

Ozzy from 72-76 was fucking unreal.

Listen to the Dio albums. They sound about as much like Ozzy Sabbath as Solo Ozzy does.

You mean the part at 1:57 (youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM)?

Yes.

Tangent, but you know what's weird? That nobody ever noticed that Bowie lifted Stairway to Heaven for the chorus to Ziggy Stardust.

>There's a fair bit of filler on it though
Couldn't disagree more. Zero weak songs and most songs are definitely the stronger of their career.

Zero weak songs on Headless Cross?
How about track #1 for starters?

I don't know how in hell you can count that as a song.

That's a question you should ask to Black Sabbath, not me. It's there either way.
Kill in the Spirit World, Call of the Wild, Black Moon are all filler. Headless Cross and Devil and Daughter are kind of weak. Nightwing is the only absolute classic on the whole album.

>That nobody ever noticed that Bowie lifted Stairway to Heaven for the chorus to Ziggy Stardust.
Interestingly enough Life On Mars?, which came out before Led Zeppelin IV, features recorders in the second verse and Stairway to Heaven also has recorders early on in the first verse.

Bowie also thought that Page cast a curse on him in 1975.

It's a track. There's a difference between a track and a song.
>Kill in the Spirit World, Call of the Wild, Black Moon are all filler
Yeah right. The fact that if you have some kind of ear for music you can hum those choruses from memory proves otherwise.
>Headless Cross and Devil and Daughter are kind of weak
Now I know you're an complete idiot. Those two are the best songs on the album.

What stolen Van Halen riff?

D.O.A.

Ok that makes sense. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

This is a big part of why Technical Ecstasy catches shit but I think that album is awesome. Not even close to their best album of course, but Dirty Woman is absolutely one of their best songs for how operatic it is.

>Iommi has stated that they were always self-conscious about the negative reviews that described them as a dumb band, so he kept trying to push into a more progressive direction
Yeah, because moving towards prog was a good way to get props from critics in the 70s. Actually, Christgau's review of We Sold Our Souls suggests that he preferred the more accessible sound on the first three albums.

Lester Bangs started liking them with Vol 4., so you can't please everyone.

Are you trying to argue with me or Iommi? I'm just telling you how it was. Whether or not their approach was a mistake is debatable but that's certainly what they were trying to do. It isn't a coincidence that that user brought up this point while commenting on SBS, the album fucking Rick Wakeman plays on. They were well-aware of what the "deeper" bands were doing at the time and it was a direction they tried experimenting towards.