All-female Oceans 8 film in the works. Will this be a great success like Ghostbusters? I cannot wait for this film...

All-female Oceans 8 film in the works. Will this be a great success like Ghostbusters? I cannot wait for this film. It will be true kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJEWSHtlv34
youtube.com/watch?v=z726OPwCnjE
youtube.com/watch?v=1p9CZqpXBgk
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3071749/Man-raped-gunpoint-THREE-women-collect-semen-cooler-box-steal-South-Africa.html
youtube.com/watch?v=x3DmtUJ3MWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YEAH, the film is perfect for a all woman cast

I don't really have a problem with this movie, but why not make something original?

Nobody gives a fuck about Oceans whatever in 2017.

I can already see it now. Unfunny women will use their beauty to distract dumb chads and steal their shit.

screenshot this post.

Yeah take another overused franchise in a lousy attempt at drawing attention for your feminist delusions by using a famous name.
Who would want to try and make a good, new, original movie anyway? Men?

>don' t like it?
>YOU'RE A SEXIST

yeah, that movie is gonna be fun.

gonna bomb like isis tbqh

they made a female ghostbusters?

-what's the appeal of the clooney remake?
-witty dialogue and charismatic actors.
-ok, let's cast rihanna.

A film about female con artists pulling a heist just like Ocean's 11 would work fine.

A female dominated remake of Ocean's 11 would work fine - Although they would also need to throw in some men, like the original had some chicks.

The thing that's going to sink this movie is;

>Lack of real stars

None of these women together is really the same as Clooney/Pitt/Damon being combined back in the day.

>Being set in the same universe

This is stupid. If it was just a remake, fine, but being some weird parallel story is just going to raise questions like;

>Where the fuck were they for the other three films?

Anyway, it's got HALF the budget of Ghostbusters, it's a comedy with sexy women doing lady shit, as opposed to ugly women pretending to be men, so I think it should do well provided it's not complete trash.

If a girl tried to rob a bank, couldn't you just take the gun away from her? Or like grab her little fists and make her hit herself a few times?

If I saw a woman trying to rob a bank I'd pick her up and put her over my shoulder and then just carry her out and hand her to the cops.

It seems more natural than Ghostbusters. Just another "chapter" in Ocean's life. To be fair, they may as well use the Ocean's franchise because an "original" all female heist movie would just be compared to the Ocean's movies/seen as being directly being derrived from it anyway. I only critique the Mindy Kaling and Rihanna choices, ruins any otherwise somewhat okay cast.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJEWSHtlv34

I hope that little nip girl plays the same role as the acrobat from the first one.

youtube.com/watch?v=z726OPwCnjE

really makes you think...

>The thing that's going to sink this movie is;

try uncharismatic actors, lame dialogue and cringeworthy girl power.
you can't just replicate a comfy movie like oceans 11. the movie worked so well because clooney, pitt and damon were RL friends as well.

is there any real life heist involving an all woman team?

o Gud, du av barmhärtighet

Eh, I'm not that upset about it, it makes a bit more sense; I'd like to see George Clooney in it as an advisor or something, being like "You're Gonna need some help" as he tosses the files of all the people she'll need to recruit.

I just hope it's not a GIRLPOWER, if you don't see it, you're a misogynist build up like with ghostbusters

drumpf will surely resign after this

I already get the sense that people around here are shitting on this movie just because of "muh female cast".

I agree 100% that this movie feels more natural than Ghostbusters. It's not really the same situation as GB, this movie has the blessing of everyone involved with the originals, alot of the same people will be invovled. This is a movie featuring women but I don't believe it will be some sort of forced feminist message like Ghostbusters was trying to be. It will just be trying to show woman as cool and capable of doing things that men can do. Yeah it will seem lame to a lot of men just because it's women trying to act cool, but it won't be forced feminism like ghostbusters was.

I'm looking forward to this.

I don't see any reason why not, but I don't think it's likely. In real life heists you want the absolute best team you can possibly get, you don't give a shit if they're male, female, convicted rapist or whatever. If it fails you're royally screwed for life.

Yeah. It involved the original Ghostbusters crew going and capturing only female Ghostbusters and letting male ghosts go. It was pretty good.

The whole movie will be like this

youtube.com/watch?v=1p9CZqpXBgk

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

The thing that kept the franchise together was the central Pitt and Clooney relationship. Effortlessly cool and funny dialogue. The films are actually really cheesy outside this but they keep it together.

The female version will be ok but not good. Whats the greatest film with two female leads acting as equals? the dynamic doesnt work

>they couldn't even find 11 half decent wymin to star in the movie

really makes you think

nail on head

Clooney, Pitt and Damon just worked, you could tell they were enjoying it and having a laugh in the process. Perfect film? no of course not but easily watchable. Im sure they each took pay cuts iirc

They should make this into a movie instead

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3071749/Man-raped-gunpoint-THREE-women-collect-semen-cooler-box-steal-South-Africa.html

Anne has played a spy and catwoman before, pretty sure she knows the subject.

With that said this looks more like a chick flick than a heist movie, but its too early to tell yet

youtube.com/watch?v=x3DmtUJ3MWs
Sup Forums write an Ocean's 8 "homage" to this scene pls

hnnnng

this movie has the blessing of everyone involved with the originals
They're going to dig up the rat pack for this? I'll def see this.

>marry a rich guy
>get a divorce
>heist literally millions of dollars

Blind Items about this flick say that the actresses are at each other's throats

Why do people dislike Ghostbusters that much anyway? Sure it was bad but it didn't warrant that amount of hate. Are you people really that insecure?

True or not. The least believable part of this film is actually not whether women can rob banks, but whether they can actually work together in a team.

This franchise isn't even popular. There have been no 'remember' threads about it.

It was produced to make money. Doesn't seem like anyone is holding it sacred, so just let this version play out for normies.

It's Hollywood. Would you rather have more Marvel or Star Wars?

hahahaha

Probably because the trailer came out and everyone had a natural reaction of disappointment and disgust toward something that was such a blatant, lazy cash grab that shits all over a beloved franchise, but hardly hate. Then all the sjw people showed up with their legit hatred that garnered an equal reaction from trolls and people that don't care for their motives being drawn into question concerning something that obviously sucks ass.

Had the cast, producers, media, etc. not acted like the movie was good and people are just not ready for an all female cast I'm sure it would have blown over and been forgotten by now like with robocop, total recall, etc.

>hollywood out of ideas
>hollywood beings remaking other movies
>hollywood continues to run out of ideas and decides to remake successful movies while inverting the gender and calling it a blow for women's rights

i really do think that there should be more positive female characters in movies but what purpose does this kind of thing serve?

are there no original scripts out there that call for an all-female cast or is hollywood just too chickenshit to base something like this off something that was proven to do well in box office already?

Let's be honest about the Ghostbusters hate:

30% shamelessly shitting on beloved original
30% Leslie Jones
30% Melissa McCartney
10% actual misogyny

lets be honest about this post:

%100 faggot
%0 laid

should've cast based on neck sluttyness

dont forget the part when they need to distract someone so the woman drops a pen or breaks a heel and the guy tries to help then she goes into feminazi mode and causes a ruckus because she dont need no man

and instead of standing up for himself or walking away shaking his head, the guy stands there and blusters and stammers and tries to make her happy

So did Ghostbusters, this will also fail.

Eh, Ocean's 8 was never a particularly great franchise to begin with. Original wasn't that good, the Clooney remakes weren't that good.

Ghostbusters was huge part of pop culture, and had a very distinct style of comedy that the new one ignored.

This likely won't have the same problems that the GB remake had, but I doubt it's going to be anything good. Nobody except the biggest autists will get up in arms about Ocean's 8.

>the Clooney remakes weren't that good.

They really weren't. They were okay popcorn flicks for the years they were released in, but nobody is really holding onto them as anything worth showing others like they would other popular movies.

>Sandra Bullock
>beauty

Jay and Silent Bob did it first.

I mean..I don't hate the cast

But honestly how the fuck will this work?

Same way the Clooney remakes worked. Different people have different specialties, the bigger 3 will get more screentime, the others will get like one scene to shine. Just have to have a mellow atmosphere with a few jokes here and there, and you have a by-the-numbers not exciting but will make some money Hollywood movie.

Only way they could mess it up honestly is by making it like a Feige or Apatow comedy. Which only get a number of people to say "well that was stupid", but not much other hub-bub.

I have no idea why they wanted to remake this particular movie

Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants when?

I can't wait for that headline; "Don't Call It A Chick Flick: The Sexism of Spy Movies"

They pulled that shit with Ghostbusters.

Hopefully there will be plenty of scenes where due to circunstances they get forced to go barefoot in order to proceed with the heist

>Females
>working together

it suffers the same problem as the other Oceans movie's as who want watch actor's vacation footage with a heist movie spliced in.

this one is even worst with NYC as the locale, Met gala and cameos up the ass crack or not the loss of the exotic location is going to kill this movie.

To be fair we haven't seen the trailer and this has much more star power than ghostbusters so I'll reserve my opinion

>Sup Forums response

FUCK WOMEN AND FUCK HILLARY CLINTON

>To be fair
HELLO R3DDIT

>I don't see any reason why not

Really?

>All-female Oceans 8
>take worst actresses out there

Jee what can go wrong

this stance seems oddly familiar

Anyone have her crossing legs gif?

women cant into humor or charisma

prove me wrong

What a forward young man you are.

>Lack of real stars
Nigga, what are you on about. 3 of the main actresses have won the Academy Award for acting at least once. Two others by my count have been nominated or were in nominated shit.

Rhianna and the other rapper is basically the female equivalent of putting Ludacris in your movie. Except Rhianna is more well known currently than Ludacris ever was.

The movie might fucking suck but these aren't literal who's.

>it's a triggered Drumpfkin episode

You fags have become the snowflakes

Which one will give the blowjob distraction?

LEWD NECK
LEWD LEGS
MUH DICK

What's your point?

Brad Pitt and Damon haven't won Oscars.

They aren't movie stars. They're just chicks. Even the original had Julia Roberts.

Bullock is the closest they got.

No one is excited at the prospect of this cast all appearing together in one movie. Which was 50% of the appeal of the Sodenbergh movie.

Awwwww. Does snowflake need a safe space?

I don't see how this could work. Like, less so than Ghostbusters. Who the hell is the female equivalent of Brad Pitt and George Clooney and how will they pull off seeming like people capable of a heist?