Am I the only one infuriated with how fucking weak his wife was?

Am I the only one infuriated with how fucking weak his wife was?

It's like you've never met a woman before.

Killing yourself is the best option you have in that situation

not only that, the movie is literally nothing happens: the flick

idc about your emotions, I wanna see the end of the world happen, they don't even say what caused it

I'm never seeing a Sup Forums reccommended movie again

I like to think this movie is the sequel to Ravenous

Do not go gentle into that good night, faggot, no matter the circumstances.

I like to think The Book of Eli takes place in the same universe.

She was right about, if she stuck around then she would eventually be caught and made into a rape slave

She also wanted to shoot her own kid.

He found a real winner.

>Duvall's character was named Eli and was also going blind

POTTERY

>guy pierce is an immortal travelling the world, forever cursed for abandoning his comrades

POTTERY 2.0

To prevent him from being raped and cannibalized. She was actually right.

Since the kid was likely cannibalized at the end

Didn't even know they'd made a movie of this, any use compared to the book?

there was no food left faggot.

what would you do?
starve away in pain?

>She was actually right.

Not even. The will to survive at all costs is a virtue, and the reason we have civilization in the first place.

She was a weak cunt.

t. hard cunt

almost a 1:1 adaptation

kid is a bit whiny though, and the music is very present (either clichéd horror-sounding or very schmalzy)

>idc about your emotions, I wanna see the end of the world happen, they don't even say what caused it
lmao pleb

the movie wasn't that good tho

Pretty certain book ash clouds/guy filling bathtub in movie implies generic nuclear bullshit

>tho
>idc
>lmao
Kill yourself 90's born human garbage

>Since the kid was likely cannibalized at the end
Objectively false.

Yeah I liked the ending

Bleary while still giving hope

>being mad at the way someone writes
lmao fag xD

The planet is done lel. There's no point in living considering the hellscape the planet definitely became. Now her and her husband have to live in misery and she gets the sweet silence of death

This. That post apocalyptic world pales in comparison to what our early human ancestors dealt with.

just keep showing what a pathetic faggot you are user. Somehow you still think it's cool to act like a teenager in your 20s hur hur epic bro. 90's born faggots were a mistake. Fuck you and your never ending childhoods.

Man the book fucked my shit up. Does the movie live up to it?

>Man the book fucked my shit up
You're fucking pathetic.

>dood change the way you are because you are old; dood there are RULES - YOU SHOULD TYPE LIEK U R WRITN AN EGLISH PPR

Say that to my face pussy , I am the LAST person you want to fuck with. I have a classified past , you should know what that means motherfucker. The shit I did during the Clinton years , I won't talk about my past but I was in intelligence I had to quit due to ptsd so I am a little bit FUCKED up a fucker saying that shit to me .

I miss how Sup Forums was before the 90's born normal fags were so prevalent.

Early humans had a planet ripe with resources, not a dying world where cannibalism is the norm.

It was a comet, I think "officially"
But it doesn't matter

It was an impact winter regardless of the cause

Even your pathetic pastas aren't a patch on what used to get posted. Fuck yourself user.

nope. Where the book made the slow parts feel overwhelmingly depressive, and lulled you into the same kind of malaise as the characters, the film made them just kinda drab and boring. This meant meat house just did not really land like it did in the books. Also the book is overlong to really eek out the characters and it works for the effect it goes for. The film is just overlong

why are you bullying me

I have to disagree

The book is very good and while no movie can stand up to McCarthy's bleak prose, the movie does a good job
Vigo was very good and the look was perfect
Good music too

You should just stick to facebook, you're a pathetic queer.

tell me more daddy

why didn't Vigo use the eagles to fly somewhere safe?

Why are so many guys in your age group such literal faggots? Why is your sexuality so fucked up?

I always thought it was nuclear winter..especially after he awoke to a bright flash of light followed by a series of concussions way off in the distance. Never even thought of a comet, but that makes just as much sense, if not more than the nuclear strike/winter scenario.

The writer mentioned he had been looking into Yellowstone exploding and how that would affect everything. Neither the book nor the movie went into the background of whatever caused the apocalypse, but a lot of people thought it was related to Yellowstone.

This, everything on the planet is dead or dying.

>This, everything on the planet is dead or dying.
In reality, not "everything"

Life would go on. The Father is an unreliable narrator in that regard

Life has survived far more difficult events than Yellowstone/Nuclear winter/Impact winter

A lot of the main plot points are kept in, kid is kinda cringey but you get used to it.

Per the reality of the book yes, everything was dead.

And life may go on for some things, but not necessarily humanity. I'm sure plenty of bacteria and shit would be doing fine though, if that's what you mean.

Comet, nuclear, Yellowstone....I guess the results would be similar. Radioactive fallout might kill off survivors more quickly I suppose.
I enjoyed both the book and the film. I'd have to say my favorite part though, was the father stumbling upon the stocked bunker.

The book is no different
We see things from the Father's perspective, with the end being an exception

He believed that everything was dying.
But that didn't mean it's true

Look at the KT extinction
Lots of life lived
Or even the Permian, the so called Great Dying, had vertebrate life survive

Humanity would survive whatever happened in the Road
Maybe only a few thousand on the entire Earth
But if any animal could, we would

You reach a point user where acting like that is just retarded

Life would survive, or more appropriately, evolve. I don't think humanity would survive though. Very limited sunlight, no food, rarely see anyone else...to eat them or rape them...or be raped/eaten yourself.

After the Great Dying, a piglike mammal/reptile survived and went to be 95% of all land vertebrates
They were omnivorous and opportunist
Dumb as a stump though

Humans are smart, omnivorous, and able to travel long distances without requiring rest.

If there's a bit of weed growing under the snow, we can boil it and eat it
If someone thing else eats that weed, we can kill that thing and eat it instead.

No matter what form life takes, we can use it
Not to mention farming
Even in a nuclear winter, a greenhouse would still work for simple crops, like taters

Reminder that Child of God is the best Cormac book.

>not Blood Meridian

PAPA PAPA PAPA PAPA

What infuriated me wasn't the wife, it was the son being such a useless pussy.

Literally the only film where adding zombies would of made it better

You are so wrong it hurts

I liked when I watched it but then I realized it is a hacking piece of shit where nothing happens and there are no morals to be taken

>bwah bwah the world is ending how sad it would be so much better if humans could actually turn every land into fertile land if they really want to, oh wait we can

With an extinction level event like this, I wonder how many people would commit suicide once all the lights & facebook went dead...Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy...

fuck off nigger

>I wonder how many people would commit suicide once all the lights & facebook went dead

About 85% of western females

plenty of the normal fag posters here hopefully

Si, paco, time for me and my essays to skin you alive and set you on fire, then let the pitbulls play with your blood while we keep you alive for hours until you die of blood loss.