Why is this so underrated

Robert Kelly
Robert Kelly

its L I T E R A L L Y a 10/10

creative lyrics that perfectly describe life as a lonely young white male along with amazing and experimental instrumentals

Attached: dism-4a16fee485e129c333fb0c1395eed39e.500x500x1.jpg (54 KB, 500x500)

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

some guy crying about not goin to a party being a faggot. i bet you're a faggot but you just don't know it, you little bitch.

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

E&I
underrated

Attached: 1522194877164.png (19 KB, 553x514)

Aaron King
Aaron King

it's basically sub-Sup Forumscore, get your facts straight

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

underrated
Lurk more.

John Parker
John Parker

instead of discussing the album, let's start nitpicking a word he used
and we wonder why discussions are non-existent on Sup Forums

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

I just came here to shitpost because it's fun and neat

Brayden Reyes
Brayden Reyes

why are you guys discussing what I said about the album
but user it's pretty evident that in doing so we are actually discussing the album

Landon Thompson
Landon Thompson

Many people say that they "got" this album only when they got to college and that age, that type of surrounding. I don't see many lyrical references being about this particular theme. Can somebody explain that to me?

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

Youuuuu areeeeeeee inviteeeeeeed

Lincoln Hernandez
Lincoln Hernandez

Give it a few more weeks for late spring to come and then listen to change. It’s a much better album (e&i is still good though)

Gabriel Ortiz
Gabriel Ortiz

hot opinion, faggot

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

AND BACK
AND FORTH
AND BACK
AND FORTH AND BAAAAAAAAACK

Gavin Adams
Gavin Adams

this is one of those albums that unless you HATE the subject matter on the lyrics, or hate Travis's voice, you're not gonna listen to this and be against it...that being said, this album is fucking boring and pair it against an album like bee thousand or slanted and enchanted and thats all you need to do to see how lifeless and unremarkable this album is. wtf is the difference between this and fucking arctic monkeys - am

Elijah Lopez
Elijah Lopez

how well thought out the arrangements are; it's not as simple as you think. if you can't tell the difference between this and trash like AM or Is This Shit, you're not paying attention

Hudson Parker
Hudson Parker

I love it because they made indie pop using that dischord sound. It's not something that I've ever heard done elsewhere, that sound is typically exclusive to 90s post-hardcore bands. But like any kind of crossover artist (especially anyone with the audacity to give hardcore punk related genres a pop sensibility) there's some backlash that comes with it. I'm not a lyrics guy either but the lyrics on E&I are undeniably witty and capture a certain period of young guys lives perfectly. But I guess it's easy to equate the whole thing with generic whiteboi hipster problems so again the backlash is understandable. It's kind of a shame so many people who claim to be into music still seem to have such a fragmented, compartmentalised idea of what music and art should be. It's a really cool melting pot of influences and creativity, listen to it with an open mind instead of dismissing it out of hand.

Christian Perez
Christian Perez

this album uses more than 1 time signature

Joshua Morgan
Joshua Morgan

this desu, i discovered emergency & i on Sup Forums in 2008

Ian Nguyen
Ian Nguyen

which ones?

Jaxson Jenkins
Jaxson Jenkins

It's about feeling outside the social bubble and being a faggot outcast but getting to be normal and admired for 1 day can turn it around, and he gets the crushing loneliness and gives the invite to another lonely guy

John Scott
John Scott

What Do You Want Me To Say is the only good track.

Noah Price
Noah Price

7/4, 7/8, 5/4

Christopher Miller
Christopher Miller

This right here is the only good song

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

The music is pretty good but that faggy voice makes me turn it off every time.

Leo Wright
Leo Wright

what is your definition of a '''''good''''' song?

Eli Moore
Eli Moore

If I believe the artist/band managed to reach their goal, then the end product is a good song. It depends on what that goal is.
If they wanted to make a catchy pop song, and it's a catchy pop song, it's a good one.
If they wanted to make the listener feel dead inside and that's the way I felt when listening, that's a good song.
This album straight up annoys me except for WDYWMTS.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit