Stop listening to Slint

Stop listening to Slint

Attached: BASEDCHRIS.png (582x408, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1y6EKOUePg
twitter.com/shaIIowrewards
ask.fm/shallowrewards
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm not sure what this image is trying to communicate

when is a fresh new video coming?

cute

when godsoy you! fat redditor officially break up

the absolute madman

He's based for finally getting me to listen to Hood. Lee Faust's Million Piece Orchestra is damn good.

you need to spend less time online, all of you

thanks for posting

he has the weirdest kind of 'obscure' taste where he's into really bland pop-tier records that could've easily been the beach house of their time had p4k known who they were. usually when people are so anti-popular albums its because they're into obscurer experimental albums but not with this guy.

he loves joy division, siouxsie and the banshees, and his favorite band is the cure so he's not "anti-popular"

contrarian faggotry desu

idk who is this guy

>"Anyone who says they don't like my favorite albums I got into from reading lists on Sup Forums and RYM is a contrarian tryhard!!!"

Grow up.

his picks do seem very arbritary desu there's no rhyme or reason there

I was just playing off of what the other guy said, if he does truly enjoy super bland stuff just bc it's a deep cut thats stupid

>anti-popular
>contrarian faggotry desu
can this lazy meme stop plz

Oh he's the guy that doesnt like disintegration loops i think

i guess i agrre with him

have you even watched a single video

>godsoy you! fat redditor
epic, simply epic

"pretentious" and "contrarian" are this board's absolute favorite words that dumbasses here love to use on anyone who happens to have personal preferences that don't align with what they have been told is the best by online tastemakers

im gonna watch those new videos again

of course i have moron. a lot of his criticism is just shitting on things with no actual musical discussion.

most of his content isn't even criticism of artists or albums

and i'm talking about whatever criticism he has. guess that's too hard to understand lmao

authoritarian and complacent i think pertain to him more, not that im offended by those things, he's not quite literally making content about himself

>new
wtf link? is that why he's being spammed again? not complaining

youtube.com/watch?v=k1y6EKOUePg

>wahhh finding new music is way easier now its not fair wahhhh
jesus christ

Good job missing the point, brainlet

Yeah he has like 3 new videos and more are coming, just probably not on a scheduled basis. He also made a new twitter and ask.fm account.
Twitter: twitter.com/shaIIowrewards
Askfm: ask.fm/shallowrewards

yeah im sure whining that he doesn't get credit for the shitty music that gets featured on shitty tv shows is such a deep and nuanced point that it HAD to go over myhead!! dude but waddabout [just as shitty and obscure pop band as the one that was chosen for that stranger things dance scene] why does nobody care abt them!!! his guy is just mad that the stacys and chads at HBO didn't have to "crate dig" (omg mustve been so hard!!) to find the shitty music he hundreds of hours of his childhood 'finding'. everything about this way of thinking is so fake. he probably thinks that people are less appreciative of music now because it took them 5 seconds to load up a spotify playlist. lol gtfo gramps

>DUDE GUCCI GANG IS BAD LMAO
dropped

>yeah im sure whining that he doesn't get credit for the shitty music that gets featured on shitty tv shows is such a deep and nuanced point that it HAD to go over myhead!!

No, but his point about how a few publishing companies can buy up the rights to most recorded music and then, without any input from the artist, get paid to allow the song to be used in commercials and shitty tv shows did go over your head. He mentioned on twitter the other day that he couldn't even use a clip from his own college band in a video because he got copyright claims from publishers.

>just mad that the stacys and chads at HBO didn't have to "crate dig" (omg mustve been so hard!!) to find the shitty music he hundreds of hours of his childhood 'finding'

His point was just that they shouldn't be handing out awards for them

>a few publishing companies can buy up the rights to most recorded music and then, without any input from the artist, get paid to allow the song to be used in commercials
why is that a bad thing?

You're right op, i should listen to more slint

because the publishing corps are getting paid using someone else's art for doing literally nothing and maybe you don't want your band to become known as "that band from the car commercial"

still need a beat happening vid

wtf
he's actually retarded

so what? they ought to be hanged for the shit they're making now. losing a cut to corps is the least excruciating form of torture that bands like hop along can endure. beach house and peopel ilke them deserve to be burned alive for the stuff they're making. i hope every single loser who puts music on bandcamp and makes it big gets fucked in the ass by corporations ad infinitum until music itself dies

you sound mentally unstable, lol

You sound like a cancerous music nerd

DY DY DIGGA DIGGA DY

DY

Attached: 1497668108103.jpg (1620x1080, 495K)

Nah he sounds right, Ott has shit taste

thought I read something about the next one being about aphex twin, but that could be full of shit

This is pretty clearly a joke and Ott loves Spiderland

which vid does he say they were listening to wham dude

the disintegration loops one

beat happening can fuck off im waiting for something to be done about grimes

>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade. I love a few of her songs and she is clearly Rated just right as a fashion model and youth celebrity, but as a musician, she doesn't deserve the place she's in. There's not enough to warrant it on a musical basis, it's all "X Factor." And that's fine, but I would rather see music media focus on music and she can be a YouTube star like Rosanna Pansino. There's plenty of room to talk about her fabulous clothing and visual aesthetic. I don't know if I could talk about her music for five minutes.

Attached: fuckyou.png (693x468, 368K)

is it true he's doing an "idm" one next? I'm hype as fuck for that, can't wait to learn why all my favorite artists are bad

>is it true he's doing an "idm" one next?
he said that the next episode will be about aphex twin. so ye probably

What? Doesn't this image imply that we prefer Monade Split

it does

probably get some good recs if nothing else

ty dude
I think hes kind of already shot his shot on grimes from what ive seen him post on here and in the youtube comments it seems like he isn't going to make an entire video that just centers around laying into such and such hot indie buzz band

There is no way I would ever mention Grahms, everything has become such an instant third rail for accusations of You Are [Toxic/Privileged/Old/CIS/Transphobic/Misogynist/Evil/A Creep] - choose your own internet outrage crusade buzzword. If you’re wondering why I’m not talking about current music, it’s not cos I not paying attention or old although I am old, it’s because it’s impossible and I don’t need 15,000 neurotic twenty two-year olds posting that shit followed three seconds later by “omfg SR savagely BTFO.” I don’t know how Fantano has survived. I’ve gotten enough crap as a totally niche old nobody, I cannot imagine what he deals with. Anyway next vid, I went through the stacks and pulled some sick obscure IDM/“electronica” shit. It will focus on my period as a seriously deranged RDJ obsessive with fleeting bonus shots of impossible to find Rephlex ephemera like Kinesthesia and Kid Spatula.

>everything has become such an instant third rail for accusations of You Are [Toxic/Privileged/Old/CIS/Transphobic/Misogynist/Evil/A Creep] - choose your own internet outrage crusade buzzword.
not talking about grimes still hasn't stopped craig jenkins and meaghan garvey from talking mad shit about you from time to time on twitter. what can you do though

oh shit

Lol Mr. Ott don't worry about the internet loonies! Massively looking forward to the next video, keep up the great work! Finding tons of great music from your playlists as well.

Attached: youvs.ott.jpg (634x334, 84K)

i haven't listened to them in a while but maybe i'll give spiderland a spin later

>Slint
slint are overrated

>shit contrarians say

Not worry about that at all. I did see that thread btw, she lied which was depressing. I think she’s great. He’s a puffed-up cheerleader. Dude just keeps adding new flavor of the month shout-down words every time he sees me mentioned. Can’t use any more clever or relevant insults because he would say that would be racist.

I love your shit and I'm glad you're back.

I know this isn't an AMA but I wanted to know what you thought about rock music in two thousand and eighteen.

Do you think rock music is dead? What do you think of Women/Viet Cong? Who are the best rock artists of the 10's?

They're all gay lol

From twitter:

"This band is invalid until they change their name back to Viet Cong. Record Low II, idgaf, you are an embarrassment to art and conviction who cowed to concerns about appropriateness and marketability".

based

Is the M/Monade split actually any good? Anyone got a mega link?