Best buck for bang vinyl player?

Best buck for bang vinyl player?
Something less than $100.
I don't want something super fancy. I just want something with fairly decent sound quality that won't destroy the records. It should play all sized records at all speeds. Changing pitch is a plus but not required (or playing backwards, but that would be cool).
Don't want to get into vinyls because I'm a hipster but because my mum found her vinyl collection and it includes records like an original 1973 Dark Side of the Moon and I am curious to listen if the audio quality holds up today.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1500x1499, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/232712540737
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

in order to notice "the difference" that people claim. you need a whole system, player, amp, speakers. if you just buy one of those new

what the other user said, you wont be able to hear "if the audio quality still holds up today" at all unless you have a real good turntable+amp+speakers.
Also, your only hope for finding a turntable that isnt garbage/wont destroy your records, is getting an old one second hand. Try thrift stores, garage sales, or even your nan's basement. At most you'll have to replace the needle or something

I already have a pretty good embedded surround speaker setup that connects to a main digital console and can take a number of different inputs.
I am going to use that as the sound output. I just want a decent turntable on a budget.

General rule of thumb - the more money spent on gimmicks, the less will be spent on actual hardware. I have a Crosley "cabinet" setup like you'd find in Target with a radio, CD player and cassette deck, and a Denon DP 29-F. Both cost around $100 but the Denon's components are exponentially better. It sounds better, and it's actually got an adjustable balance unlike the Crosley

I've heard from two different vinyl player reviewers that Crosley were shit. Does that stand?

I've personally never seen one that wasn't shit, but maybe older ones are okay? The Cruiser (that little briefcase looking piece of shit) is so terrible it's a meme. I think Crosley has decided to target the hipster crowd with novel designs, whereas companies like Denon are pretty well established as focusing on high-end audio.
I'd look on Craigslist. You'll have a much better chance of finding something nice there.

Definitely go for craigslist and find a solid vintage turntable. You can get a good table for $100 that would have cost like $400 adjusted for inflation

>tfw my friend is smug about his shitty little briefcase Crosley

Since he acquired it he keeps talking about how Spotify is for people who don’t appreciate albums and that “vinyl sounds better”, I want to stab him in the jugular.

The audio quality and volume is like a mouse farting.

This
Pretty much the Crosley target audience

>I don't want something super fancy
>Buying records

Why do you buy records if you're not willing to put in the money to get the best sound out of what you're buying? Save your shekels and buy something that won't make your records sound like a tin can.

As I said, we discovered my mum's vinyl library and I want to listen to them. I know I won't get the best sound quality but around 60 is all I have. Say you have so much money and you have to buy a player, which one would you buy?

Just gimme a decent recommendation.

>less than $100

you are actually what's wrong with this hobby

it's not a cheap hobby, if you want to get into it save up some cash. also Sup Forums is not a good place to get advice about what tt to buy.

The best bang for your buck will always be the Technics 1200. I'm sure someone will have some way to negate this, but no other record player holds its value like the 1200 does. If you ever get tired of records, they are easy to sell and you will get your money back.

>Best buck for bang vinyl player?
Please stop.

>less than $100

Go on cragislist or your local thrift store and purchase a functional cabinet player. They usually charge $20-50 and you'll get exponentially better sound quality than any of the above recommendations. BSR in the UK manufactured the platter and the tone arm setup for these for a few decades. They're cheap and solid.

>portable player

For whatever reason if you don't have the towing capacity or room for a small cabinet player, then I recommend the Numark USB turntable which goes for $100. Compared to the rest mentioned, this has had the best audio quality. Usually used as a testing station in record shops. However I think it's out of production, so may be difficult to get a hold of.

>alternatively

For $100; you could go to your thrift store; probably pick up a plastic Pioneer/Sony/Technics turntable that may need either/or a needle replacement or new belt for $10-20. A set of column speakers $20ish again look for name drop brands. You'll only find a digital amp usually which will got for $20ish and will be suitable for your purposes. So overall you can get a setup less than $100, this is what I did when I first got into vinyls.

>I already have a pretty good embeddded surround speaker setup

This will just convert the analog signal into a digital signal, which will be like listening to a shitty CD in some cases.You'll get better quality on a digital source. This kind of destroys the purpose of analog music. You may hear original mixes for some albums, like Zappa or mono shit, but that's the extent of it.

Good luck!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Ended up getting an AudioTechnica. This listing:
ebay.co.uk/itm/232712540737
I have AudioTechnica headphones at the 150 dollar range and they are incredible and tough as steel.
By seeing how much this turntable is sold normally, I think I grabbed a bargain. Redpill me.

Attached: audiotechnica_lp60.jpg (1800x1200, 105K)

>This will just convert the analog signal into a digital signal

What are you talking about, plugging a turntable into a amplifier and speakers doesn't convert it to digital.

A cabinet?
>Nope.jpg
I am currently in the UK for studies and I want to stuff it into luggage with some protection and take it home with me.

You done goofed user. should have got a Crosley Cruiser, these fags were just memeing you. Its the best bang for buck, why do you think they are so ubiquitous?

Oh yeah that to. Bleh. It just sounds poor with a surround sound amp, since those are used for tv audio, blue-ray, and specific audio CDs. The audio quality is atrocious imo for vinyl in this setup.

>No counterweight
>Limited in cartridge choices
>known to have problems holding speed
Its ok for an absolute beginner but definitely lacking

LP60....not LP120.... smdh

That's wrong, amplification is amplification, the only difference between a surround amp and one for stereos is that the surround has more channels and inputs

Anecdotal; a first set up I had I used a surround sound amp I got for free and it sounded worse than a designated audio amp.

Definitely give it a try, and see if you like it.

I can find LP120 in between 250 and 400 pound range. Definitely out of my budget.

For a beginner or budget listener, it's a good entry turntable.

However on that note, you'll probably get a better experience and will cost as much if not less buying a secondhand technics/pioneer/sony player in functional order.