youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6HEJO-yKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who is this semon deamon?

hate this guy's style

...but what they didn't know was,

why can't ian curtis use fonts properly

>but little did they know that...
>while 5000 miles away in Afghanistan, a surprising turn of events unfolded...
>but this wasn't to be...
>meanwhile, stock markets crashed...
>[RANDOM POP SONG PLAYS IRONICALLY]

Hello Reddlt

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.

cool to see a fellow redditor here. :)

we thought we'd have a decent curtis thread
but that was a fantasy

I cant think of a better documentary maker who uses archive footage and plays music over it.

Superficial fascimile

So far I've watched Century of the Self and HyperNormalisation. I don't know which one I preferred but I watched the later first and am leaning slightly towards that just because of the cyberpunk elements it incorporated when talking about the internet and what not.

it's amateurish. it reminds me of Loose Change like he just tacks on shit and re-releases it. don't know anything about him personally. maybe he's mental and there's a reason he can't actually have a coherent thought.

it wasnt a welcome, it was a warrning. we dont want you here, our websites are at war and if you dont know that... well 9gag may be appropiate for you.

aw, that's a shame. what's your reddit username so I can follow you?

Really, and how does that make you feel?

You sound like an idiot who doesn't actually understand the material but are just "MUH CYBERPUNK!!!!!!!!!"

Partially true. I find the aesthetic very appealing.

back to Sup Forums

there isn't much to understand desu. he just rambles like a pothead and puts up scenes of afghanistan and shots of wall street sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

way to out yourself as having not absorbed anything whatsoever from a 3 hour doc.

theres nothing to absorb.

that says more about you than the doc tbqh

it was a fun movie but obviously strayed a bit into the crazy at times

i dont always agree with curtis but i always enjoy his movies

start this at 8:00
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6HEJO-yKE

his old stuff is better desu

compare something like the mayfair set or the century of the self to hypernormalisation; they're very heavy on substance, interviews and they have god tier atmosphere

hypernormalisation was good for the atmosphere but not much else, it's very flimsily argued relying mostly on things that sound plausible like liberals living in a bubble, it feels like he's just venting about the culture of twitter and trying to pass it off as a legit social issue. it also had almost no interviews, which highlights how it was more about presenting the argument using style moreso than his previous works. the donald trump segments felt shoehorned in too

his worst one was all watched over by machines of loving grace, what a fucking shambles that one was, the first episode had almost nothing to do with the others and was just him sperging out at neoliberalism

>his worst one was all watched over by machines of loving grace, what a fucking shambles that one was, the first episode had almost nothing to do with the others and was just him sperging out at neoliberalism
Ok Fuck you, that's my favourite documentary

Having said that, I always assumed that the higher ups had infiltrated the Occupy Wallstreet movement, but thanks to Hypernormalisation, nope, these idiots did it to themselves, hilarious